The last 5 games - Play off hope?

RamsPolls

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Bit pessimistic that.....lol

Get some more Jager's down your neck..

one mans pessimism is another mans realism.

Can you see wednesay finishing 3rd? ie leapfrogging two teams and clawing back 7 points?

No me neither.

its the same scenario as us finishing 6th.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hmmm, sounds familiar?  I'd take doing it luckily now over the never, never anytime.

At least we know at this point that Rowett will be in charge for the first game of next season. Plus I have flash backs of our last stint in the Prem.

I like Rowett's approach

Forget about the table, take one match at a time, don't put everyone under immense pressure, evaluate the squad and try to constantly improve

The table will take care of itself. 

If we are good enough, we just might do it

If not, then there is nothing lost and we have had a valuable and productive run in.

And the future still looks bright.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I'd love it if on the last day we had to win to take 6th spot and so did Fulham and the wendies , they draw and all hell breaks loose as we beat Rotherham! Well, I can dream, sigh.......

theres the goal difference issue as well. If fulham and wendies draw, how do we get the points we need to finish above both?
We need to beat wendies and wendies to beat fulham , but lose another four points more than us. Aint going to happen i dont think.

12 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

We have a very slim chance of making the play offs after Sheffield's win against Newcastle. However it's not impossible. 

Here's my prediction for the end of the season :D.

Derby County's fixtures -

Brentford (a) - 1-0 Win - Nugent Goalscorer 

We have found ways to win without looking overly impressive in our performances. Whether that's because we have the "New manager" syndrome is yet to be seen. However, Brentford will be a very tough game and I think we will have to fight for this one. We'll scrape a 1-0 thanks to a good finish from Nugent.

Huddersfield (h) - 2-1 Win - Ince & Nugent Goals.

A very different opponent to Brentford. If played these 2 months ago, I would have said a loss due to the way Wagner has them playing. However in recent games, I think they have shown their frailties. Losing to both Burton & Forest shows that they are easily beatable if you play the game the right way. I think we'll go infront early, concede before HT. Then score around the 79th minute to see the game out.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 1-1 Draw - Ince Goal.

The grudge match, at this point in the month, we will know more about whether we will be in the play off battle or not. If we are, I can see a very cagey match between two good sides full of quality. They are very good at home, however Reading have shown that again, If you play the game correctly we can go there and win. However I think it'll be a draw with Ince bagging a late goal to salvage a point. 

Wolves (h) - 3-0 Win - Ince, Nugent & Vydra Goals.

We love playing Wolves. We always score goals against them. This won't be much different. Think it'll be a master class performance to take us within 2 points of the play offs. Ince, Nugent & Vydra all scoring good goals early and seeing the game out in the later stages. 

Rotherham (a) - 2-0 Win - Nugent x 2 Goals.

A very poor game, Rotherham well and truly relegated. At this point, We will know whether or not we can make the play offs. I hope that on the final day, Fulham & Sheffield Wednesday draw. A point a piece for them both could open the door for us. 

Final Points tally - 77 points.

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures -

Cardiff (h) - Win 

QPR (a) - Lose

Derby County (h) - Draw

Ipswich (a) - Lose

Fulham (h) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 76

Fulham Fixtures -

Norwich (a) - Lose

Aston Villa (h) - Win

Huddersfield (a) - Lose

Brentford (h) - Lose

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 71

End of season table -

6th - Derby County - 77 Points

7th - Sheffield Wednesday - 76 Points 

8th - Fulham - 71 Points

I might be a bit biased towards the Rams but I think we have the easiest run in of the 3 teams, We also have the momentum.

COYR!

How can this thread have got to 5 pages without anyone pointing out RamsPolls can't add up? Even these supremely optimistic predictions end up with Wednesday in the playoffs as we would have 75 points, not the 77 stated.

Getting into the playoffs is an absurdly difficult ask from where we are now, but it's impossible unless we beat the Wendies when they're 7 points ahead of us with only 5 games to go.

12 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

We have a very slim chance of making the play offs after Sheffield's win against Newcastle. However it's not impossible. 

Here's my prediction for the end of the season :D.

Derby County's fixtures -

Brentford (a) - 1-0 Win - Nugent Goalscorer 

We have found ways to win without looking overly impressive in our performances. Whether that's because we have the "New manager" syndrome is yet to be seen. However, Brentford will be a very tough game and I think we will have to fight for this one. We'll scrape a 1-0 thanks to a good finish from Nugent.

Huddersfield (h) - 2-1 Win - Ince & Nugent Goals.

A very different opponent to Brentford. If played these 2 months ago, I would have said a loss due to the way Wagner has them playing. However in recent games, I think they have shown their frailties. Losing to both Burton & Forest shows that they are easily beatable if you play the game the right way. I think we'll go infront early, concede before HT. Then score around the 79th minute to see the game out.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 1-1 Draw - Ince Goal.

The grudge match, at this point in the month, we will know more about whether we will be in the play off battle or not. If we are, I can see a very cagey match between two good sides full of quality. They are very good at home, however Reading have shown that again, If you play the game correctly we can go there and win. However I think it'll be a draw with Ince bagging a late goal to salvage a point. 

Wolves (h) - 3-0 Win - Ince, Nugent & Vydra Goals.

We love playing Wolves. We always score goals against them. This won't be much different. Think it'll be a master class performance to take us within 2 points of the play offs. Ince, Nugent & Vydra all scoring good goals early and seeing the game out in the later stages. 

Rotherham (a) - 2-0 Win - Nugent x 2 Goals.

A very poor game, Rotherham well and truly relegated. At this point, We will know whether or not we can make the play offs. I hope that on the final day, Fulham & Sheffield Wednesday draw. A point a piece for them both could open the door for us. 

Final Points tally - 77 points.

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures -

Cardiff (h) - Win 

QPR (a) - Lose

Derby County (h) - Draw

Ipswich (a) - Lose

Fulham (h) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 76

Fulham Fixtures -

Norwich (a) - Lose

Aston Villa (h) - Win

Huddersfield (a) - Lose

Brentford (h) - Lose

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 71

End of season table -

6th - Derby County - 77 Points

7th - Sheffield Wednesday - 76 Points 

8th - Fulham - 71 Points

I might be a bit biased towards the Rams but I think we have the easiest run in of the 3 teams, We also have the momentum.

COYR!

Love your optimism, but we are too dependant on other results so will probably miss out by 4-5pts.

Still all bodes well for next season.

The only way for it to happen is if we win all 5 matches, which means winning at Hillsborough, and even then Wednesday would likely go into the last game at home to Fulham with it in their own hands, we would need them to bottle it in the last game i.e. Derby v Reading 14/15 season.

That said we still have a sniff, although it was all over on 90 mins at brum last week and could be all over on Friday.

I honestly don't think it will be close. 

I think it will be over by Monday night for us. Not because I think Udders and Brentford are so much better but I wouldn't fancy Newcastle to pick up 6 points from Brentford away and Udders at home inside 3 days. It's a big ask of any team and Derby didn't become world beaters at HT v Forest. 

I fancy Wednesday to pick up 3/4 points this weekend and they only need 8 points to finish above us the way goal difference stands even if we win every game

With Wednesdays best performance of the season against Newcastle I can't see them faltering now. In fact I think they'll be more upto it. I hope this does happen I've still got a bit of hope at the back of the mind but we'll see. Wed and Ful still got to play each other but we'd have to win them all to stand a chance.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

How can this thread have got to 5 pages without anyone pointing out RamsPolls can't add up? Even these supremely optimistic predictions end up with Wednesday in the playoffs as we would have 75 points, not the 77 stated.

Getting into the playoffs is an absurdly difficult ask from where we are now, but it's impossible unless we beat the Wendies when they're 7 points ahead of us with only 5 games to go.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. whooops :D Surprised that you're the only one to have noticed though!

Archived