The last 5 games - Play off hope?

RamsPolls

We have a very slim chance of making the play offs after Sheffield's win against Newcastle. However it's not impossible. 

Here's my prediction for the end of the season :D.

Derby County's fixtures -

Brentford (a) - 1-0 Win - Nugent Goalscorer 

We have found ways to win without looking overly impressive in our performances. Whether that's because we have the "New manager" syndrome is yet to be seen. However, Brentford will be a very tough game and I think we will have to fight for this one. We'll scrape a 1-0 thanks to a good finish from Nugent.

Huddersfield (h) - 2-1 Win - Ince & Nugent Goals.

A very different opponent to Brentford. If played these 2 months ago, I would have said a loss due to the way Wagner has them playing. However in recent games, I think they have shown their frailties. Losing to both Burton & Forest shows that they are easily beatable if you play the game the right way. I think we'll go infront early, concede before HT. Then score around the 79th minute to see the game out.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 1-1 Draw - Ince Goal.

The grudge match, at this point in the month, we will know more about whether we will be in the play off battle or not. If we are, I can see a very cagey match between two good sides full of quality. They are very good at home, however Reading have shown that again, If you play the game correctly we can go there and win. However I think it'll be a draw with Ince bagging a late goal to salvage a point. 

Wolves (h) - 3-0 Win - Ince, Nugent & Vydra Goals.

We love playing Wolves. We always score goals against them. This won't be much different. Think it'll be a master class performance to take us within 2 points of the play offs. Ince, Nugent & Vydra all scoring good goals early and seeing the game out in the later stages. 

Rotherham (a) - 2-0 Win - Nugent x 2 Goals.

A very poor game, Rotherham well and truly relegated. At this point, We will know whether or not we can make the play offs. I hope that on the final day, Fulham & Sheffield Wednesday draw. A point a piece for them both could open the door for us. 

Final Points tally - 77 points.

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures -

Cardiff (h) - Win 

QPR (a) - Lose

Derby County (h) - Draw

Ipswich (a) - Lose

Fulham (h) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 76

Fulham Fixtures -

Norwich (a) - Lose

Aston Villa (h) - Win

Huddersfield (a) - Lose

Brentford (h) - Lose

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 71

End of season table -

6th - Derby County - 77 Points

7th - Sheffield Wednesday - 76 Points 

8th - Fulham - 71 Points

I might be a bit biased towards the Rams but I think we have the easiest run in of the 3 teams, We also have the momentum.

COYR!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

T'would sum us up to go and beat Wednesday, and lose to Rotherham on the last day.

No, What would sum is up most. Is to go and make the play offs on the last day. Then to lose 6-0 on aggregate against Huddersfield in the semi's of the play offs.

Sith Happens

Still cant wait for us to be level on points with Fulham on the last day, we are winning, they are drawing....they get a penalty in the 95th minute....up steps martin......

Optimistic to the last.

if you were a betting man... id imagine you would be out of pocket.

No defeats for the rams.

1 win for Wednesday for a team who IS in the playoff race. (P.S We arent!)

1 win for Fulham and 3 defeats?!!?!?

The only thing that is highlighted by the first post on this thread, is the huge collapse required by 2 teams to possibly allow us close to getting above them.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Fulham have by far the hardest run in of the teams. While they remain the best team I have seen us face - 2-2 Draw at Craven Cottage - But I can't see them maintaining that position. Too unpredictable.

what makes you think we will go and win at brentford, and they will loose at Brentford.

WE are the team with nothing to play for, they are the team with realistic possibuilities of the top 6.

You're off your rocker mate!

5 minutes ago, Davide said:

Interested in what's more likely-

Derby reaching playoffs

Leicester winning champions league

Forest relegated 

Forest relegated!

Though after their result against Huddersfield I'm not so sure tbh but it surely give us hope that we can do the same against them on Easter Monday.

Leicester won't get past Atletico...a bridge too far that one!

And Rams are good at playing catch up... it's when we get in front the problems seem to start!

But who knows.

Just now, DerbyMark said:

Forest relegated!

Though after their result against Huddersfield I'm not so sure tbh but it surely give us hope that we can do the same against them on Easter Monday.

Leicester won't get past Atletico...a bridge too far that one!

And Rams are good at playing catch up... it's when we get in front the problems seem to start!

But who knows.

Gonna put a tenner on all three happening!

19 minutes ago, Davide said:

Interested in what's more likely-

Derby reaching playoffs

Leicester winning champions league

Forest relegated 

Not sure what odds you would get even on an accumalator of that lot not happening. All are equally as impossible as each other. I actually think ours is the most unlikely of the 3. (if there is such a thing as one thing being more impossible than something else)

Archived