I'll put my house on it...

BearDCFC

...that Pearce won't be starting next season.  His missed header led to their goal &he got out paced on numerous occasions.  I saw Keogh berating someone last game too after Fulham's second - looked like Pearce (although every player was out of position).

Mr Gary - a new centre half please, someone who doesnt full to pieces when our backs are against the wall.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would be far less certain that that, but i agree that he has deteriorated 

poor replacement for Bucko at the moment. 

3 hours ago, BearDCFC said:

...that Pearce won't be starting next season.  His missed header led to their goal &he got out paced on numerous occasions.  I saw Keogh berating someone last game too after Fulham's second - looked like Pearce (although every player was out of position).

Mr Gary - a new centre half please, someone who doesnt full to pieces when our backs are against the wall.

It was Pearce, Keogh was losing it at him, flapping his arms and head all over the place. Funny thing was, only Pearce was back in a central position when Aluko was running at him. He went for the ball/close down the runner, which opened space for Ayite. I don't personally blame Pearce for closing down the runner, as otherwise he would have gone past him at pace. Why Keogh got so animated I dont know, he was nowhere to be seen during the build up!

I think Gary will want a new leader in this team, probably at centre half. 

Also, when did we turn into Derby Telegraph, with all the clickbait titles...

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

It was Pearce, Keogh was losing it at him, flapping his arms and head all over the place. Funny thing was, only Pearce was back in a central position when Aluko was running at him. He went for the ball/close down the runner, which opened space for Ayite. I don't personally blame Pearce for closing down the runner, as otherwise he would have gone past him at pace. Why Keogh got so animated I dont know, he was nowhere to be seen during the build up!

Keogh was right, Pearce was stood 15 yards behind the rest of the back four.

He then either had to make the challenge or stay and mark Ayite, he did neither.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I think it was more to do with Keogh what was saying to him as he was running back.

You would want Pearce to close him down and push out wide or slow him down a bit but more but he didn't really close him down and stood off him and let him run in a straight line, if he had pushed him wide or slowed him Keogh would have been able to cover Pearce and the pass to Ayite. It is basic defending.

Sith Happens

I think he has looked shakey of late, but still a member of one of the most solid defences in the league.

52 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

One poor run of form means we right him off completely now? Jesus Derby fans are extremely harsh.

Didn't rate him to begin with, was amazed by his run of form. Being consistent is important too.

When there was a love in here and people were saying he was better than Keogh I was in disbelief. I said then he has no pace and is ***** at marking from crosses and set pieces. I wonder what some people are watching sometimes, gutted Shackell is out.

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

I think Keogh wanted Pearce to step up so Ayite was off side but he didn't so with Keogh stepping up it left him in acres of space.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

When there was a love in here and people were saying he was better than Keogh I was in disbelief. I said then he has no pace and is ***** at marking from crosses and set pieces. I wonder what some people are watching sometimes, gutted Shackell is out.

Why do we need a new centre half close-season when we have former Premiership poty-for Burnley Shackelll? OK so shackell cannot pass for toffee but commanding at the back he is. 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Why do we need a new centre half close-season when we have former Premiership poty-for Burnley Shackelll? OK so shackell cannot pass for toffee but commanding at the back he is. 

Shackell was class at WBA in the cup, he was heading and clearing everything. They lumped everything they had in to the box and Shackell was on the end of everything. Pearce is the weak link, other teams will be looking to get at him with pace.

Archived