I'll put my house on it...

BearDCFC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

My Reading mate told me before he came here that Pearce is a solid defender when he has players around him that offer good protection, but one vs one he gets so exposed. He's pretty much spot on with that analysis.

Do you meet up at the local library?

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Shackell was class at WBA in the cup, he was heading and clearing everything. They lumped everything they had in to the box and Shackell was on the end of everything. Pearce is the weak link, other teams will be looking to get at him with pace.

Shackell is class for a team which sits deep. Not sure that's the way Rowett wants us to play thought. At least first signs are opposite.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

When there was a love in here and people were saying he was better than Keogh I was in disbelief. I said then he has no pace and is ***** at marking from crosses and set pieces. I wonder what some people are watching sometimes, gutted Shackell is out.

If you had said this to me 4 months ago I would have thought you were crazy.

Did not think I would say this but I would rather have Shackell than Pearce.

It used to be the other way round because I thought Shackells distribution was poor and was to the detriment of a possession based team.

As it transpires, Pearces distribution is no better and his defending is considerably worse.

Added to this it appears we are actually a better team when we concede more of the possession to the opposition (just my opinion, I do not have stats to back this up!)

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you had said this to me 4 months ago I would have thought you were crazy.

Did not think I would say this but I would rather have Shackell than Pearce.

It used to be the other way round because I thought Shackells distribution was poor and was to the detriment of a possession based team.

As it transpires, Pearces distribution is no better and his defending is considerably worse.

Added to this it appears we are actually a better team when we concede more of the possession to the opposition (just my opinion, I do not have stats to back this up!)

Fair play mate, I never rated Pearce. To me everyone seemed to get carried away because he has that kind of roll your sleeves up old school look about him. He had a few decent performances but at the time we were protecting the back 4 very well.

Younger quality CB needed this summer to partner Keogh, must be top of the priorities list. As for Rowett style I think he just plays whatever maximises the starting 11 he has available. He's just that sort of adaptive manager, he's here to get the most from the squad he has available.

As much as i like shackell, i think its time to move on from both him and Pearce.

Baird 35, shackell 33, keogh 30, Bryson 30, johnson 29, anya 29

the age profile is not quite right.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

A commanding centre half has to be priority in the summer, as mentioned he is able back up, so id definitely keep him around.

His name is Rawson. Get him. He plays for Coventry.

And whether he's good or not I don't know because I've never seen Rawson. But for every Rotherham fan that rated him you will find a Coventry fan that thinks he's a donkey 

Why am I bothering. It's the grass is greener drama brigade and fact dodgers. Might as well talk to my garden wall

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

His name is Rawson. Get him. He plays for Coventry.

And can't even get in their team, wasn't in the squad yesterday 1-0 win against Peterborough. I bet you've never seen Rawson play at all. 

The sad fact is that we were wrong to let Buxton go in the summer (in my opinion). We replaced him with a younger version, who although passionate, is a poorer version on higher wages. 

I miss the days when we had two centre backs who were comfortable on the ball. Pearce is a worse player than Buxton. I'm not sure whether Pearce fooled me when he first started playing this season, because I was convinced he was better on the ball than Shackell. Whether he was playing out of his skin then, or simply going through a poor patch, I am no longer convinced he is better than Shackell.

I trust Rowett will rectify this in the summer.

Archived