Derby Vs Preston

rynny

Ref Watch

James Linington will take charge of Derby County's Sky Bet Championship home game against Preston North End on Tuesday.

The official has overseen 25 games so far this season, producing 112 yellows and three reds. 

His last Derby game was the 2-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday back in October. 

He will be assisted by James Wilson and Steve Meredith, whilst John Brooks has been appointed as the Fourth Official.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/03/2017 at 22:34, rynny said:

Tuesday 7th March 7.45pm kick off.

Preston have been in decent form, Winning 3 and drawing 2, before their loss to Fulham today.

Will Mac keep the same team? Would you make any changes? Are we going to have to put up with the big V in the title for much longer?

IMG_4513.thumb.PNG.89ce12ffc892f621333c5

You understand? For victory. Go tell your friends:

18 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Ref Watch

James Linington will take charge of Derby County's Sky Bet Championship home game against Preston North End on Tuesday.

The official has overseen 25 games so far this season, producing 112 yellows and three reds. 

His last Derby game was the 2-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday back in October. 

He will be assisted by James Wilson and Steve Meredith, whilst John Brooks has been appointed as the Fourth Official.

So that's where he went 

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

How would be more balanced? We are better balanced as it was Saturday. Neither CB are fit.

I think the feeling is that Vydra might be more effective in the middle, while Ince is deadly wherever he plays :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the new formation tomorrow.

Although I think Bent will start.

It might be that McClaren is thinking of having Ince/Bent on the right, Nudra on the left to solve the "all our goals come from Ince/bent" however he had to shuffle it with bent being poorly.

Nuge behind bent, Ince returns to right wing.

14 minutes ago, jono said:

I think the feeling is that Vydra might be more effective in the middle, while Ince is deadly wherever he plays :thumbsup:

I agree Vydra would probably be better in the middle but then it totally unbalances the team playing Russell on the left where he's been crap for the last season and half. 

Vydra rght footed on left

russell left footed on right

both cutting into to link up making space for full backs

ince in middle creating mayhem behind nugent

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree Vydra would probably be better in the middle but then it totally unbalances the team playing Russell on the left where he's been crap for the last season and half. 

Good point, I hadn't considered the wrong foot on the wrong side thing. It works I know, but it messes with my brain :unsure:

i'd secretly like to see Vydra in the middle with the right kind of support I.e. Nugent.

The other thing is that if Maclaren is cute he could have them swapping to confuse the enemy .. Or maybe I am getting ahead of myself. After years in top flight management it's hard for me to stop thinking creatively :blink:

PistoldPete2
10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

There was a moment against barnserley when it was obvious vydra was out of position. He tried to cross with his left and tripped over his feet. Overall He did pretty well tho considering. 

Carson

christie Baird Pearce Olson 

Butterfield Johnson 

Russell     Vydra.     Ince 

Nugent 

based on known injuries - ( we are missing our 1st 2nd choice centre halfs and left back) 

the three behind nugent are all interchangeable and a real menace to defenders.

Hughes not looking interested recently but Butterfield rarely has two good games in a row. Expect Butters to start and replaced by Will at some point. Preston will show lots of energy and we will need to counter, so Russell to start and maybe Vydra, but not out wide. 

16 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think one of the CB's might be fit for tonight maybe? Bent to start and possibly camara on the wing

i think he has only suggested Keogh is running again but probably not available until Friday. I'd play an unchanged team but you raise a good point about Camara  .. I don't think he is right in a 433 but like Anya, with 2 up top he might be more useful.

If 4231 works well as the season progresses we might see much more value in Anya / Vydra and Camara. they are the sort of players that need greater numbers around them to be genuinely effective.

1 hour ago, jono said:

i think he has only suggested Keogh is running again but probably not available until Friday. I'd play an unchanged team but you raise a good point about Camara  .. I don't think he is right in a 433 but like Anya, with 2 up top he might be more useful.

If 4231 works well as the season progresses we might see much more value in Anya / Vydra and Camara. they are the sort of players that need greater numbers around them to be genuinely effective.

I'd like to see Anya and Vydra play together for a change, most of Vydra's more promising signs at the start of the season came when those two linked up.

I wouldn't touch the front 4 ! Leave them exactly were they are . Leave Vydra on the left, I was puzzled at k.o , by the end of the game I could see why mac played him there . Ince will continue to flourish in his central role. Russell had his best game of the season. 

Archived