Derby Vs Barnsley

rynny

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

You are Tom Ince or Paul Ince and I win whatever you'd like to give me. You like him, and rate him, because you keep on telling us. I personally think he's a championship player at best, and I don't see a queue of Premiership clubs trying to sign him and I don't think there will be a queue in the future either, so no need to imagine as I would still sell him, especially if we can make good money on him. Hull City haven't missed him and I'm sure if we want to get promoted we could quite easily do it without Tom Ince, but we are a Championship club after all.

We couldn't quite easily do without Tom Ince at all. If we took away the points we have gained from his direct contributions this season we would likely be somewhere between Rotherham and Blackburn.

I don't see anyone else in the squad that would have played in his position and scored anywhere near the same amount of goals or contributed the same amount of assists and I don't see a player out there we could realistically buy for the same money we paid that would replace him.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We couldn't quite easily do without Tom Ince at all. If we took away the points we have gained from his direct contributions this season we would likely be somewhere between Rotherham and Blackburn.

I don't see anyone else in the squad that would have played in his position and scored anywhere near the same amount of goals or contributed the same amount of assists and I don't see a player out there we could realistically buy for the same money we paid that would replace him.

He is one of the signing we have made where we have got good value and selling potential 

i thought Vydra was poor yet again

So half hearted in most of what he does 

He makes it hard for his manager to stick with him

The opportunity when he went into the box with chance to do something and then just flunked anything - embarrassing

Its totally up to him, right now he doesn't look a Derby County player 

20 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

i thought Vydra was poor yet again

So half hearted in most of what he does 

He makes it hard for his manager to stick with him

The opportunity when he went into the box with chance to do something and then just flunked anything - embarrassing

Its totally up to him, right now he doesn't look a Derby County player 

I'm one of Vydras biggest critics but he did have a good game on Saturday. First time for me I've thought he could do a job for DCFC

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I apologise, you are Tom Ince's agent, and you are doing a wonderful job, just like Tom.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, KBB said:

Got an assist to help in a victory. For a wide player he helped the team.

Yes he did well .. Should have scored from a free header but when he gets us confidence that will come I hope

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 00:03, Inverurie Ram said:

You are Tom Ince or Paul Ince and I win whatever you'd like to give me. You like him, and rate him, because you keep on telling us. I personally think he's a championship player at best, and I don't see a queue of Premiership clubs trying to sign him and I don't think there will be a queue in the future either, so no need to imagine as I would still sell him, especially if we can make good money on him. Hull City haven't missed him and I'm sure if we want to get promoted we could quite easily do it without Tom Ince, but we are a Championship club after all.

l0IyihHDPOXlkn49q.gif

15 hours ago, KBB said:

Astonishing really that some would happily see ince playing for another championship club.

After the season he's had, practically dragging the team along on his coat tails, it makes you wonder what he has to do to be universally liked...  I'm beginning to think that all this "he doesn't smile" & "his attitude stinks", is some people's way of disguising a racial agenda.  Butterfield never smiles, never celebrates with any real passion, and has been pretty average since he came to us (for the same money as Ince remember) but, bar people highlighting his poor performances, he escapes a lot of abuse from fans.  I wonder why????

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Right then, let's do it a different way. Please explain to me how we would be in any way better off without Tom Ince in the team.

Right then, let's do it my way. By rewinding to when we bought him, and rewinding and watching the far better football we were playing before Tom Ince and Darren Bent turned up. I watched our club self destruct at Fulham away, a couple of seasons ago when in a top 6 position and when our manager opted to change things, we haven't played any better than Steve McClarens first spell as head coach, that's my perception, and if you think that mid table championship football, and average team performances with a wonderful Tom Ince in the team is the way forward, well I'm happy for you and all the others that think that way. I'm not making the point that he hasn't done well this season, I'm making the point we were a better team before he came and I think we can be a better team when he goes. I'm not currently interested in replacing him with a current squad player etc, I just think we didn't need to buy him in the first place, as I don't think he's going to grab any of the team by the scruff of the neck, when it needs it, or he's going to play the perfect pass when required, instead of taking an extra touch etc, to be the difference from making us a challenging team for promotion or just a bang average championship one. We need tougher, hard working players, that demand from one another winning performances week after week, and the odd twist and turn and goal to keep us mid table, doesn't do it for me. 

40 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Right then, let's do it my way. By rewinding to when we bought him, and rewinding and watching the far better football we were playing before Tom Ince and Darren Bent turned up. I watched our club self destruct at Fulham away, a couple of seasons ago when in a top 6 position and when our manager opted to change things, we haven't played any better than Steve McClarens first spell as head coach, that's my perception, and if you think that mid table championship football, and average team performances with a wonderful Tom Ince in the team is the way forward, well I'm happy for you and all the others that think that way. I'm not making the point that he hasn't done well this season, I'm making the point we were a better team before he came and I think we can be a better team when he goes. I'm not currently interested in replacing him with a current squad player etc, I just think we didn't need to buy him in the first place, as I don't think he's going to grab any of the team by the scruff of the neck, when it needs it, or he's going to play the perfect pass when required, instead of taking an extra touch etc, to be the difference from making us a challenging team for promotion or just a bang average championship one. We need tougher, hard working players, that demand from one another winning performances week after week, and the odd twist and turn and goal to keep us mid table, doesn't do it for me. 

Did you vote for Brexit?  If so, see my previous statement...

We played better football without Shackell, and Butterfield, and Johnson, and Olson, and Anya, and Vydra, and Carson.  Should we skate them as well???  It's a different team, assembled by different managers, who've been kept afloat by a player you're berating because you don't like him.  Who cares what kind of individual he is off the pitch, but you can't question his contribution on it...

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

We played better football without Shackell, and Butterfield, and Johnson, and Olson, and Anya, and Vydra, and Carson.  Should we skate them as well???  It's a different team, assembled by different managers, who've been kept afloat by a player you're berating because you don't like him.  Who cares what kind of individual he is off the pitch, but you can't question his contribution on it...

Absolutely agree. How anyone can single out Ince as the primary cause of our slump is beyond me.

OK, he has moments of poor decision making, lack of control etc but which player doesn't.

I would go so far as to say he might be a serious contender for player of the year in my opinion. 

Here is the comparison between who played in 2014 and who could possibly play next season from our existing squad:

2013/14

...........................................Grant........................................

Wisdom..............Keogh......................Buxton..............Forsyth

..........................................Thorne.........................................

..............Hendrick.....................................Hughes.....................

......Russell........................Martin..............................Ward

2017/18

.........................................Carson........................................

Christie...............Keogh....................Pearce.............Forsyth

.......................................Thorne..........................................

.................Butterfield.........................Hughes.......................

.....Russell.......................Martin...........................Ince

Carson for Grant. Christie for Wisdom. Pearce for Bucko. Butterfield for Hendrick. Ince for Ward.

To be honest I have no idea where Mac will start next season with our current squad.

I'd say Ince is one of the hardest working players in this squad. He's also one of the only reasons I go to watch football at any level, he excites me with what he can achieve on the pitch. 

Id love to see the distance covered stats

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

So according to yourself, if I don't rate a particular player as a team player or rate him as a type of player that will take this team forward, I either have a racist agenda or I voted for Brexit or both. And I didn't mention what kind of an individual he is off the pitch either, as I've never met him. And I haven't questioned his contribution on the pitch either, as if you read the post above again, I have called him wonderful and the bit where I typed "I'm not making the point that he hasn't done well this season"...........sometimes I really give up with the modern world and the people in it!......Crikey!

Archived