Derby Vs Barnsley

rynny

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed today, and I was correct with the score line, my man of the match was Ince followed closely by Nugent, Russell and also thought Johnson and Vydra deserve a special mention as well, if you do not enjoy watching us win, then why bother even going? I know you go to boo and moan, haha, thank god we shut the boo boys up today, looking forward to Tuesday night already. Same line up apart from maybe bringing in Hughes or Butterfield for De Saart.

24 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Here if ur happy beating Barnsley at home things are worse than I thought 

This is one of the strangest comments I've ever seen on here (amidst a lot of strange comments). Why wouldn't you be happy after winning a match?

However, I think it belies a more worrying trend of the modern fan. We expect to beat Barnsley and thus beating them should only illicit a shrug of the shoulders and a 'well, you did what you were supposed to do, do you want a f****** medal!?' I sometimes think that's why the atmos at home is sometimes a bit flat too. 

Anyway, I'm happy. The team I support won. I thought that was the point of being a fan.

Happy for the lads. Nice to see a midfielder further forward and closer to the CF.

How was the link between the back four and the forward players? Johnson I know isn't the best on the ball, therefore there is a lot of responsibility on De Saart in that regard.

If he's off his game we could struggle. Hughes would be the ideal player there but he doesn't seem fully fit.

3 minutes ago, LazloW said:

This is one of the strangest comments I've ever seen on here (amidst a lot of strange comments). Why wouldn't you be happy after winning a match?

However, I think it belies a more worrying trend of the modern fan. We expect to beat Barnsley and thus beating them should only illicit a shrug of the shoulders and a 'well, you did what you were supposed to do, do you want a f****** medal!?' I sometimes think that's why the atmos at home is sometimes a bit flat too. 

Anyway, I'm happy. The team I support won. I thought that was the point of being a fan.

After the run of games we have just had we should be if not in the top 6 just very close to it and we are miles away , I would expect Derby county to beat Barnsley every day of the week so let's no get carried away 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

After the run of games we have just had we should be if not in the top 6 just very close to it and we are miles away , I would expect Derby county to beat Barnsley every day of the week so let's no get carried away 

Why should we be in the top 6 or very close to it? Derby under McClaren have taken 41 points from 25 games. That's 1.64 per game, or 75.44 over a season. Playoff form.

If you hadn't realised. We gave everyone a 10-point head start over the first ten games.

And McClaren has done this without our top scorer Martin, a £10m midfielder in Hendrick, Fozzy and an entire summer transfer window to improve the squad further.

Your expectations are ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I'm not getting carried away. I'm saying that I'm happy the team I support won a game of football. I'm saying that I can't understand why somebody would criticise/question somebody being happy about their team winning a game of football.

I guess what you're saying is that because we probably won't be going up this season, I should ignore the win and be permanently miserable? That makes little sense to me, but if that is how you choose to manifest your support for a football club, then so be it. 

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Would that be the Barnsley that beat us in August Valley ? They are no Newcastle but they have had a very respectable season that had them above us before the game.

You're coming across a bit of a grumpy pants tonight mate, that was a good win, coming from behind after our last few games is not to be underestimated. Credit where it's due eh ?

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why should we be in the top 6 or very close to it? Derby under McClaren have taken 41 points from 25 games. That's 1.64 per game, or 75.44 over a season. Playoff form.

If you hadn't realised. We gave everyone a 10-point head start over the first ten games.

And McClaren has done this without our top scorer Martin, a £10m midfielder in Hendrick, Fozzy and an entire summer transfer window to improve the squad further.

Martin won't improve us 

hendrick was hardly johnny regular in the midfield 

i would expect that squad of players to be in the top 6 

thats no unreasonable 

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Happy for the lads. Nice to see a midfielder further forward and closer to the CF.

How was the link between the back four and the forward players? Johnson I know isn't the best on the ball, therefore there is a lot of responsibility on De Saart in that regard.

If he's off his game we could struggle. Hughes would be the ideal player there but he doesn't seem fully fit.

Link was better, Carson gave Butterfield a bollocking a one point for not being available to receive the ball. Butters was stood in a mile of space but looking away from Carson.

Having someone like Nugent up top to hold up the ball helps as well, sometimes you need to bypass midfield but we dont really have that option with Bent

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Martin won't improve us 

hendrick was hardly johnny regular in the midfield 

i would expect that squad of players to be in the top 6 

thats no unreasonable 

I expected us to be in the top six too. At the start of the season when we had the same set of players who finished last season in the playoffs, and an entire summer to improve key areas.

But we once again had a horrific summer transfer window and Pearson's rank bad management left us in an impossible task to make the playoffs. 

Since then, McClaren has done an excellent job. Seriously, to take us on playoff form despite missing key players (Only a fool would suggest Martin isn't a key player) is nothing short of remarkable.

How can you not see that? 

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You forgot gorgeous.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'd be interested, at the end of the season, to see the table since Mac took over. Even with our terrible run, we must be top 6

Archived