Derby Vs Barnsley

rynny

PistoldPete2
23 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The Brighton game is key to our season or should be. We could make a late run into the play offs and others are still to have their bad run and they will have them.  We do need to go on a good run until the end of the season. There is always a team that builds up a head of steam and gate crashes the party, why shouldn't that be the Rams

Saturday's win keeps the flame flickering, but we need more than two points per game to get into the playoffs. We have to play Brighton, wendies, fulham and so on. I guess we need at least 8 wins out of the 11 games which gives no margin for error. It's very very unlikely now, but we have to keep battling. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The Brighton game is key to our season or should be. We could make a late run into the play offs and others are still to have their bad run and they will have them.  We do need to go on a good run until the end of the season. There is always a team that builds up a head of steam and gate crashes the party, why shouldn't that be the Rams

I think to gain 10 points in the short amount of time left is unrealistic. It isn't impossible and should be fought for until mathematically impossible but based on the events of this season and taking into account where we were a few weeks ago I think top 8 will represent success (in context). 

Not sure if many have mentioned it but thought Barnsley deserve credit for yesterday.

A team made up of home grown talent and lower league signings.

Came to play a game of football and played some decent stuff at times. Also thought their fans were great (other than the scabs song)

Credit where credit is due. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if many have mentioned it but thought Barnsley deserve credit for yesterday.

A team made up of home grown talent and lower league signings.

Came to play a game of football and played some decent stuff at times. Also thought their fans were great (other than the scabs song)

Credit where credit is due. 

Think only thing that let them down was that they were a touch naive.... but they'll build as they go along. 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think only thing that let them down was that they were a touch naive.... but they'll build as they go along. 

Not sure how true but the sis in law said the average age of their team is 23, so a little bit of naivety would be expected I guess!

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why wouldn't be happy with beating a team above us in the league with the second best away form in the division?

Comments like this make you look silly I'm afraid.

LazloW made the same point...but I think it's a bit of a lazy target. To be fair, you backed it up with the away stat I wasn't aware of.

It's obvious what he means though  - presumably he too is happy - that a lot of back slapping over one match is a tad premature.

I didn't go, so can't comment on the performance. I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment either that everything is wrong. 

It's just a no-win scenario that I find tiresome where 'negative' posters get criticised for only popping up when we lose...but if they say anything when we win then they get sarcasm too.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

LazloW made the same point...but I think it's a bit of a lazy target. To be fair, you backed it up with the away stat I wasn't aware of.

It's obvious what he means though  - presumably he too is happy - that a lot of back slapping over one match is a tad premature.

I didn't go, so can't comment on the performance. I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment either that everything is wrong. 

It's just a no-win scenario that I find tiresome where 'negative' posters get criticised for only popping up when we lose...but if they say anything when we win then they get sarcasm too.

Fair comment, just find it strange that anyone would expect fans not to be happy with a win with the way things were going.

I've not seen any over the top reactions. 

It was improvement but still miles away from where we want to be.

I actually watched yesterday a d realised how much of a worse footballing team we are now compared to 13/14.

Bradley Johnson would not have got near that team but for me he is the most important player to the current set up. 

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Would love that to be the case but we are too far behind after an appalling run. 

21 hours ago, valleyram said:

The man is clueless , Mel u need to wield the axe again 

Dear oh dear. 

20 hours ago, valleyram said:

No surprise 

Perhaps say nothing until the game finish otherwise you'll look right silly on that comment.

18 hours ago, valleyram said:

Here if ur happy beating Barnsley at home things are worse than I thought 

Are we allowed to be happy with a win? Barnsley are really decent side and were above us before our game. Get a grip! 

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dear oh dear. 

Perhaps say nothing until the game finish otherwise you'll look right silly on that comment.

Are we allowed to be happy with a win? Barnsley are really decent side and were above us before our game. Get a grip! 

Ignore the comments DEL , another clueless attention seeker.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dear oh dear. 

I actually agree with you. 

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Enjoyed the match yesterday. :)

I think now we have realised we are a reasonable team but not honestly premier league yet, then you can sit back and enjoy a good match which yesterday was. There was some skill, some guts, some excitment and an improvement over the last few games. And we won ! 

I am going to enjoy this run in .. It isn't season over .. It's time for the players and the management to stabilise, learn, experiment and prepare for next season. There is a old military adage ... Time spent on reconnaisance is never wasted. And if it helps us play with a bit of freedom we might just get some more entertaining games with that weight of expectation temporarily lifted 

9 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Blokes behind me "ooh it's backwards Butterfield" every time he was near the ball.

Like when Carson gives it him and he's under pressure should he be turning and attempting to dribble past their two attackers? No he should be playing it to a fullback and then moving into space. That's what people who don't play football don't understand as out Butterfield. 

So right Ilson. Keeping possession is more important than the direction of the pass. If you keep the ball, you will work the opening. (Oh, and by the way, the opposition can't score if they ain't got the ball!)  That's why I rate him even over Will. More entertaining to watch but the reality is that  9 times out of 10 those ambitious mazey runslead into blind alleys, but he is remembered only for 1 time it does. Watch the big teams. Short quick passes, me to you "chuckle brother" stylee, then the quick change of direction or killer ball into the space created and your in. (Barca, Bayern, etc...) I know I've always defended him, but to be fair, you can see the Man U training in him at a time when they were still the team others were chasing. It's a class thing.....and he has boat loads of it......IMO!

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

During the great winning run we weren't aesthetically pleasing. Fans were moaning about it. Even though we were winning. Personally, I'll take victories however they arrive. If they come with eye-catching football, all the better. 

Interested to see the team selection Tuesday.

I think we should have the same starting line up , assuming Keogh and shackell still out, except butterfield to start ahead of de Sart. 

I would worry that nugent  may not be fit enough for another full game... Hopefully bent can be available from the bench. And hughes to come on for butterfield.. Maybe Bryson on the bench too. 

On 4 March 2017 at 16:17, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Imagine if we hadn't had Ince this season. Also imagine being a Derby fan that wanted him gone or out of the team.

You are Tom Ince or Paul Ince and I win whatever you'd like to give me. You like him, and rate him, because you keep on telling us. I personally think he's a championship player at best, and I don't see a queue of Premiership clubs trying to sign him and I don't think there will be a queue in the future either, so no need to imagine as I would still sell him, especially if we can make good money on him. Hull City haven't missed him and I'm sure if we want to get promoted we could quite easily do it without Tom Ince, but we are a Championship club after all.

Archived