My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Alright Paul,I’ll come back to you in a bit...you might regret asking(he’s not too bad).

I’d vowed to take an extended break but I’m lurking and I didn’t want to be rude.

How are you doing?(that’s not Joey Tribianni style FYI).

Yeah no worries, take your time.

I am doing ok, blood results this week best have been for ages, maybe its not having the stress of going to work.

Got an interview next week, so keeping my fingers crossed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah no worries, take your time.

I am doing ok, blood results this week best have been for ages, maybe its not having the stress of going to work.

Got an interview next week, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I’ll keep it as brief as I can.

Still a gradual deterioration in health with no definitive answers.

We’re going to try the surgery,we might try it,we can’t do it,there is no chance we could do it and so on week in week out.

So his official treatment is wait and see and yes that is actually a treatment.

Unfortunately Joel doesn’t  help himself and a few weeks ago on the Monday I found him hysterical in the kitchen with a kitchen knife in his hand,he had taken the decision that he was going to open up the back of his left ear and do some surgery to himself,obviously I stopped him.

On the Thursday I was not so lucky and him found as calm as you like opening his surgical scar up without even flinching.

That was a new low in his battle and although he hadn’t done any serious damage,potentially due to the lack of bone in that part of his skull it could have been over.

Following this I’ve been back to everyone concerned to point out the wait and see thing is not going well.

We will know a bit more in May we we have been to Birmingham.

I’ve kept it as brief as I can,we never managed another game after the Norwich home game and we’ve decided to take a break from DCFC for a bit.

Any social media is gone at this point it’s just a stand up fight.

Hopefully be back around soon,look after yourselves everyone.

Support @NorfolkRam.

Thanks for everything ?

Keep your chin up John.  Reading everything you go through with your positive outlook helps give me strength.  I've been through a lot with my boy too including some tough operations where I find myself making promises to a God I don't believe in. Still plenty more to come as well, but seeing your strength helps. Joel has the best support possible and if the power of positive thought exists, then this forum will see your boy well once and for all.

For the parents ?

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll keep it as brief as I can.

Still a gradual deterioration in health with no definitive answers.

We’re going to try the surgery,we might try it,we can’t do it,there is no chance we could do it and so on week in week out.

So his official treatment is wait and see and yes that is actually a treatment.

Unfortunately Joel doesn’t  help himself and a few weeks ago on the Monday I found him hysterical in the kitchen with a kitchen knife in his hand,he had taken the decision that he was going to open up the back of his left ear and do some surgery to himself,obviously I stopped him.

On the Thursday I was not so lucky and him found as calm as you like opening his surgical scar up without even flinching.

That was a new low in his battle and although he hadn’t done any serious damage,potentially due to the lack of bone in that part of his skull it could have been over.

Following this I’ve been back to everyone concerned to point out the wait and see thing is not going well.

We will know a bit more in May we we have been to Birmingham.

I’ve kept it as brief as I can,we never managed another game after the Norwich home game and we’ve decided to take a break from DCFC for a bit.

Any social media is gone at this point it’s just a stand up fight.

Hopefully be back around soon,look after yourselves everyone.

Support @NorfolkRam.

Thanks for everything ?

There's no words that can fully explain how most of us feel for you fella. I've got some serious stuff going on in my family atm but my thoughts and best wishes are with you all.

If posting on here helps in any way whatsoever then keep doing it. If not, then remember that people care and think about you.

Best regards to all your family.

Sith Happens

Thanks for posting, cant add anymore than has already been said.

Really hope things look up soon. All the best.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Thanks for posting, cant add anymore than has already been said.

Really hope things look up soon. All the best.

If it makes you feel any better mate,there’s a lot of stuff I’ve spared you.

Thanks again, I’ll reply to everyone when I get in from work then I’m going to get off for a bit...cheers.

Hi John, Mrs John and Joel

I have only just read of your long, long road to get to this point.

I am blessed to read of what a truly remarkable young man Joel is and of your resilience in going through some of the darkest times imaginable.

I am not at all surprised at all the thoughts and good wishes expressed by all on this site.

Rams fans are the most supportive in the land, not just of their team but of each other.

May you continue to have the strength, and the sense of humour, to go through whatever life throws at you on the road to Joel's complete recovery.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya John and family, just a quick hello and a reminder that with all the ballyhoo and excitement of the new manager coming in you are still in a lot of our thoughts.

Hope things are showing signs of improvement for Joel and you are all getting some respite.

All the best to you and the family. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2018 at 06:04, Pearl Ram said:

Hiya John and family, just a quick hello and a reminder that with all the ballyhoo and excitement of the new manager coming in you are still in a lot of our thoughts.

Hope things are showing signs of improvement for Joel and you are all getting some respite.

All the best to you and the family. 

Thanks mate,just come back on,had a self imposed break fromsocial media.

We really appreciate the thought.

Joel’s pretty ill at the moment but he’s in a really good place mentally and he’s a happy young man.

He was in hospital all day yesterday and he’s going back Tuesday or Wednesday to the Hallamshire,he was due to go to Birmingham on Tuesday but that’s postponed as a situation developed pretty quickly mid week where he was bleeding a lot from his right ear(that’s his better one),so he needed to go in pronto.

It’s amazing how he doesn’t have a massive problem coping with all the physical health issues when his mental health is good.

I still watch him like a hawk mind.

Thanks,we’ve got everything under control at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Back at the Hallsmshire in the morning,bleeding from his right ear is the main reason plus a few other minor issues,weight loss,pain,his faced dropped badly on Sunday but has gone back now.

The last time it was that bad was after Chris Martin missed the penalty v Doncaster pre season.

Unusual because his right side is the better side,only one major op and some exploration that side since 2012,plus the obligatory poking about.

Joel’s still in reasonable shape in himself,he was due to see Mr Irving in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago but he wants Professor Ray to look at his right ear first.

His left side surgical scar keeps opening up which they will have to sort out,but at least Joel accepts that poking about in it with a kitchen knife was not advisable.

Well, I’ll come back to you tomorrow,I was pretty relaxed about it all for the last couple of weeks but in all honesty tonight I feel sick.

Everytime I ask Joel if he’s ok he tells me,

”It’s all a load of balls s Dad”.

Can’t argue with that!

Cheers

Archived