My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

9 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Glad it seems to have gone well.

I've just had a hard 2 weeks in hospital, featuring a bonus Pulmonary Thrombosis. I'm out now with 6 months of blood thiners and an daily out  patient appointment for IV antobiotics. I'm finding it difficult to get worked up about Cocu at the moment. Tommorow might change that COYR.

You’d still be fit enough to make it on our bench, mate.

Hope we grab you a win ??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/10/2020 at 23:47, Shipley Ram said:

Glad it seems to have gone well.

I've just had a hard 2 weeks in hospital, featuring a bonus Pulmonary Thrombosis. I'm out now with 6 months of blood thiners and an daily out  patient appointment for IV antobiotics. I'm finding it difficult to get worked up about Cocu at the moment. Tommorow might change that COYR.

Sorry mate only just seen this,that’s not great and outpatient appointments are going to be a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Back of the flippin’ net. Not so sure I care what happens results wise today, just had a reality check of what really is important and what would be nice.

I mean a win would be most welcome but I don’t think I’ll be ranting and raving if it’s not be now.

Very Best Regards To Joel, and just Best Regards to you John. ?

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Joel’s tests just came back clear for cancer and lymphoma.

We’re going to win today.

That one thread that makes me shudder with fear when I see a new post, absolutely buzzing for you that it’s one of the positive posts x

39 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Back of the flippin’ net. Not so sure I care what happens results wise today, just had a reality check of what really is important and what would be nice.

I mean a win would be most welcome but I don’t think I’ll be ranting and raving if it’s not be now.

Very Best Regards To Joel, and just Best Regards to you John. ?

Thanks mate,we’re not bothered either but it’s written in the stars.

3 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Excellent,how are you feeling?

Awful, I can't even manage to watch 90 minutes football without having to go for a lay down and cry, but that might just be the football.

After 4 weeks of IV antibiotics, and painkillers my digestive system is terrible. I am tired and can't do that much, I had to have a lie down and nap before the game. I had a day's worry the other day, I was told they were terminating the antibiotics after reviewing my blood test, but they didn't say if it was stopping as the blood tests were great or if the blood test were showing kidney/liver side effects. It turn out they were good but better comminication would have been saved me some worry. Little things are appreciated, the midline coming out means I can have a shower more than once a week.

How is Joel, is he was he worrying about the test results? I'm sure the rest of you were. It's funny being ill and full of drugs, sometimes stuff happens that you should be upset about and I just went phhhp and shugged my shoulders, and other times something minor happened and I nearly lost the plot. Are you back to waiting and seeing what happens?

10 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I've just read that, and it's put a little bit of shine back on things.

Keeping it all in perspective, it's all just a bag of wind after all ?

7 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Awful, I can't even manage to watch 90 minutes football without having to go for a lay down and cry, but that might just be the football.

After 4 weeks of IV antibiotics, and painkillers my digestive system is terrible. I am tired and can't do that much, I had to have a lie down and nap before the game. I had a day's worry the other day, I was told they were terminating the antibiotics after reviewing my blood test, but they didn't say if it was stopping as the blood tests were great or if the blood test were showing kidney/liver side effects. It turn out they were good but better comminication would have been saved me some worry. Little things are appreciated, the midline coming out means I can have a shower more than once a week.

How is Joel, is he was he worrying about the test results? I'm sure the rest of you were. It's funny being ill and full of drugs, sometimes stuff happens that you should be upset about and I just went phhhp and shugged my shoulders, and other times something minor happened and I nearly lost the plot. Are you back to waiting and seeing what happens?

Thanks mate,the whole process is fairly challenging isn’t it.

Joel is going on sometime in the next 10 days for a minor issue then have his Cholesteatoma MRI then move on for a bit hopefully for him.

You should start picking up slowly,now your off all the medication.?

17 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Even though we didn't win it won't spoil the pleasure you and Joel have about his news and likewise that of forum members reading your post, especially those who have been down that path. 

• 4 months later...

I haven’t posted on Joel in a while and as I am sat in the radiology waiting area here.

r3BF0Jz.jpg

I thought I would give you a very brief run through the period since Joel’s last operation and all clear.

Joel became quite ill very soon after his op and it was a bit awkward getting him in and scanned/tested due to the whole COVID issues.

It was then decided that he had a disease in his lymph nodes predominantly in his neck.

It was decided that his tests and surgery were not conclusive so we started again,he has been for Ultrasound which was negative and today he is having MRI both sides for Cholesteatoma as we seemed to have not tested him since May 2019, which is simply due to everything that has been going on.

Didn’t sleep too much waiting for the Ultrasound and results but I’m a bit more relaxed about this,Joel seems to be too but doesn’t give much away.

And although I’ve moved on from Chris Martin he can’t, as much as he loves CKR.

Archived