Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

5 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I did want McClaren back and I still want him!

Things ain't perfect I know BUT I feel more positive with Mac and the rest of the management in charge. Time is needed IMO.

This. We feel disappointed to find out that afterall Mac isn't a miracle-worker, just a good manager. #backthemac

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That post just up a bit was me playing Devils Advocate. For me personally, McClaren has earned a wobble, it's been up, up, up since he joined.

I bet he's got the hump as much as me, players he put his faith in have lost form/picked up niggles. Conceding seven in two is just not us, if it carries on for another five games, by all means, people should do their nut.

The top 6 this year have been in fine form by and large and to have caught up with them is testament to the job McClaren's done, I'm cutting him some slack for the minute and waiting to see what the ins and outs are in the summer.

COYR.

32 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I like your post and thinking. But on the other hand some may want to make the point that we may of finished 20th with Pearson this season and if we gave him the time and a few seasons later we might be in Brighton's position or in advance of that or better still if we had the patience with Clement and our football and league position improved, but did we have the patience, and did we give these two the time?, whereas how patient and how much time are we going to have to be with the Mac? 1,2,3,4 or 5 years or more?

Can we bring back Jim Smith to help him out or do we just keep hanging on to a good number two, or taking him back again and thinking he is going to produce this proper plan and actually seriously challenge or better still actually win promotion?

Houghton cleaned up Hyypia's mess though. Pearson is our Hyypia!

I'd love to see what kind of team Steve could build if he had 3 or 4 years here. I haven't got the slightest problem with us going off form and dropping places at this stage, anythings a bonus this season and he's made me excited about the rams again!

My only worry is his commitment. 

Once a tart always a tart.

47 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'd love to see what kind of team Steve could build if he had 3 or 4 years here. I haven't got the slightest problem with us going off form and dropping places at this stage, anythings a bonus this season and he's made me excited about the rams again!

My only worry is his commitment. 

Once a tart always a tart.

I reckon he's learned his lesson and is back for keeps (that'll scare curtains! ) 

So long as Mel holds his nerve, we'll get to find out. I hope he does. 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I reckon he's learned his lesson and is back for keeps (that'll scare curtains! ) 

Not bothered really to be honest. 

Time will tell how it turns out in the end. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mel will hold his nerve, he's not the worry. I think Mel wants stability and a long term manager. He sacked Steve because Steve wanted to go to Newcastle, his hand was forced with Clement the naughty monkey, and Pearson... well Pearson had to leave.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Mel will hold his nerve, he's not the worry. I think Mel wants stability and a long term manager. He sacked Steve because Steve wanted to go to Newcastle, his hand was forced with Clement the naughty monkey, and Pearson... well Pearson had to leave.

I'm all for stability and too few clubs have the bottle to stick with a manager these days such is the profile and pressure of today's football. 

I do hope Mac has the chance to build his own team. 

Should this not be the case I'd always give Gary Rowett my vote  :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I really hope so.....Mac and Derby are a perfect fit but it needs to be long term for both sides to settle down and lose the nerves.

It's a bit like a new relationship,both parties are still a bit too sensitive and worried that the other isn't as keen and will punish them for small mistakes....

I'm hoping the partnership will go on for a long time,I like the football even if it scares me a bit sometimes and I like feeling the passion again.

And I can't wait for a properly moulded Mac team next year including Martin and the thought of playing like we did in the 2014 season would be my dream....whether we went up or not.

4 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I'm all for stability and too few clubs have the bottle to stick with a manager these days such is the profile and pressure of today's football. 

I do hope Mac has the chance to build his own team. 

Should this not be the case I'd always give Gary Rowett my vote  :ph34r:

Do you think he needs to wheel and deal then because he said in the January window he couldn't find any players that would improve us or is this squad good enough for a push next season   

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you think he needs to wheel and deal then because he said in the January window he couldn't find any players that would improve us or is this squad good enough for a push next season   

Couldn't find players in January - that's normal though. He needs to let go of the players that don't fit or aren't strong enough (basically most of the recent buys) and bring in players that fit - that will improve us. He might need two summers but we need a massive improvement in scouting & recruitment. Hungry youth hopefully.

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think he was saying he couldn't improve the squad in Jan because teams wanted silly money for players,I would much sooner wait and spend it wisely than panic like Pearson did and pay over the odds.

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Couldn't find players in January - that's normal though. He needs to let go of the players that don't fit or aren't strong enough (basically most of the recent buys) and bring in players that fit - that will improve us. He might need two summers but we need a massive improvement in scouting & recruitment. Hungry youth hopefully.

Devils advocate here .

Pearson was bought in to do that job by Mel and Sam. 

I agree it is difficult in January.

Hope McClaren is up to it then because it isn't easy in August either. 

Unwanted Players are not easy to move out. 

3 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think he was saying he couldn't improve the squad in Jan because teams wanted silly money for players,I would much sooner wait and spend it wisely than panic like Pearson did and pay over the odds.

Isn't always easy to move players out on contacts though. 

August window is also difficult. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Isn't always easy to move players out on contacts though. 

August window is also difficult. 

It's not going 2 be easy 2 shift some of our big earners anytime but we might have more luck bringing players in and perhaps players out of contract

Archived