Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

All well and good fella and doubtless some will agree with elements of your post but shouldn't you be more concerned with the fact that without Defoe you'd be long odds on to be playing in the same division as us next year?

Plus whose football would you rather watch? It's great to hear a Sunderland fan bitch about an ex-Boro manager ain't it!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I've got another one that's just a s relevant....

builder-sacked-for-not-shwing-his-arse-c

Take it out on me the fact we can't defend for toffee and have conceded 7 in 2 games against poor sides. 

Makes you feel better right !

86 points I doubt it with McClaren 

To be fair to the OP a lot of people are my work place Derby and other clubs are saying we should sack him. He's clueless etc. 

Along with Keogh is not a leader and never inspires, watch other captains and see how they lead. (To be fair they might have a point here)

Are we looking through rose spectacles? I personally like McLaren and hope fortunes change.

Just now, curtains said:

Take it out on me the fact we can't defend for toffee and have conceded 7 in 2 games against poor sides. 

Makes you feel better right !

How am I taking it out on you pal? I've no truck with you personally I'm just pointing out that you're overreacting. Jeez, why does everything have to be personal with you? If you don't want a reaction then don't submit posts like this! Did you expect everyone to just agree?

Like I said, I love your passion mate but I can't agree with your post, is all!

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

How am I taking it out on you pal? I've no truck with you personally I'm just pointing out that you're overreacting. Jeez, why does everything have to be personal with you? If you don't want a reaction then don't submit posts like this! Did you expect everyone to just agree?

Like I said, I love your passion mate but I can't agree with your post, is all!

Why is he so well liked. 

To me he is wishy washy 

5 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

To be fair to the OP a lot of people are my work place Derby and other clubs are saying we should sack him. He's clueless etc. 

Along with Keogh is not a leader and never inspires, watch other captains and see how they lead. (To be fair they might have a point here)

Are we looking through rose spectacles? I personally like McLaren and hope fortunes change.

Well that's that then,a lot of people who you work with think he should be sacked...Cos that's how I make all my decisions,I ask a random group of people what they think.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Why is he so well liked. 

To me he is wishy washy 

Can't answer that fella - my opinion for what it's worth it that excitement and Mac go hand in hand. Good times and not so good times but we seldom are indifferent to what's happening on the pitch. 13/14 saw us playing like a team that could cope in the PL and that's the only time in recent memory that's been the case. Folk were on a high because after the rail-crash that was Nigel Pearson we stormed up to 5th and it seemed the good times were back. I guess folk want to cut him some slack on that basis alone - I know I do.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Can't answer that fella - my opinion for what it's worth it that excitement and Mac go hand in hand. Good times and not so good times but we seldom are indifferent to what's happening on the pitch. 13/14 saw us playing like a team that could cope in the PL and that's the only time in recent memory that's been the case. Folk were on a high because after the rail-crash that was Nigel Pearson we stormed up to 5th and it seemed the good times were back. I guess folk want to cut him some slack on that basis alone - I know I do.

Exactly this, and I keep harping on about them, but look at Brighton!

Did they implode when they finished 20th a few seasons ago? Did they sack Chris Hughton and change their squad from top to bottom? 

No, they had patience, they gave him time. They are storming the league this season and we should look to them as an example. Mac has been back less than a year, he has turned us around from where Pearson had us and MM should ignore all the wrist-slashers on here and give him the time to manage this team. 

We've been in and around the play offs since 2014, there's no reason (disappointing not this season) with a proper plan and patience we can't seriously challenge again.

Knee-jerk reactions to a first home league defeat since September will get us nowhere. 

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well that's that then,a lot of people who you work with think he should be sacked...Cos that's how I make all my decisions,I ask a random group of people what they think.

Where did I state that I asked these people? They asked what happened, I explained what happened last night and everyone of them has said McLaren is not the man to take us forward. I think he is personally and hope it turns around and he proves people wrong.

There is other Derby fans opinions who may not speak out, as they'll get ridiculed on this forum and see Curtains get all the stick. That's the joys of forums though unfortunately if the majority have an opinion and yours is against that then you're basically ******. To be fair to Curtains he's stuck around though!

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Where did I state that I asked these people? They asked what happened, I explained what happened last night and everyone of them has said McLaren is not the man to take us forward. I think he is personally and hope it turns around and he proves people wrong.

There is other Derby fans opinions who may not speak out, as they'll get ridiculed on this forum and see Curtains get all the stick. That's the joys of forums though unfortunately if the majority have an opinion and yours is against that then you're basically ******. To be fair to Curtains he's stuck around though!

I believe Curtains gets all the stick because of how they post, not having a different opinion. I'm not against anyone believing Mac isn't the man, but when their arguments are "He's wishy washy" or "Useless", and not to mention the post praising Mcclaren not too long ago, they'll get stick. 

Whilst not keen to see McClaren back, I think its a bit harsh to be laying into him at this point. We've had a great run of results (albeit not playing that great) & now the inevitable has happened. We're an above average Championship team with a bloated squad. Considering when he took over, I don't think we should expect top 6 but I would be disappointed if we didn't get close.

That said, think some on here idolise McClaren to such an extent that they are incapable of honestly appraising his performance. Fact is we still don't create very many chances, are still mentally fragile & I don't see where the spine of a promoted side next year is. I suspect we're at least 3/4 first teamers short & midfield is the main area of concern for me. Hopefully the intention is to wait until summer to do the majority of business in & (mostly) out.

There can be no doubt though that the aim is promotion next year. No excuses, no complaining about Pearson, no pious nonsense on here about 'scapegoating' - with the budget he should get & his previous experience, it should be the least we expect.

29 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Whilst not keen to see McClaren back, I think its a bit harsh to be laying into him at this point. We've had a great run of results (albeit not playing that great) & now the inevitable has happened. We're an above average Championship team with a bloated squad. Considering when he took over, I don't think we should expect top 6 but I would be disappointed if we didn't get close.

That said, think some on here idolise McClaren to such an extent that they are incapable of honestly appraising his performance. Fact is we still don't create very many chances, are still mentally fragile & I don't see where the spine of a promoted side next year is. I suspect we're at least 3/4 first teamers short & midfield is the main area of concern for me. Hopefully the intention is to wait until summer to do the majority of business in & (mostly) out.

There can be no doubt though that the aim is promotion next year. No excuses, no complaining about Pearson, no pious nonsense on here about 'scapegoating' - with the budget he should get & his previous experience, it should be the least we expect.

Bar Thorne & De Saart I don't think any of our midfielders have been signed by Schteve.  One youth product, one limited box to box midfielder who's hunger went the second he signed a new cushy contract & two panic buys that don't really fit our system.  Admittedly he sanctioned Bryson's contract, but he didn't expect his form to dip so badly... 

It's also worth pointing out that his favourite striker from our squad can't play for us because, our previous manager disliked him that much he made it impossible to recall him from his loan deal.

He's also been without 3 left backs, and a fair few other players through injury...

When you put it all together it's pretty impressive we're anywhere near the play offs as we stand...

16 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Is he bitching or just giving us his opinion of how he sees it, regardless of whether he's right or wrong?  I doubt you know the first thing about Rokerite but you've immediately decided he's bitching without one shred of evidence to back it up whatsover. This is the reasoning of someone who's really not very good at debating.

Obviously you aren't good at comprehension so here's an easy analogy for you. The shred of evidence is akin to suggesting a F*rest fan is able to pass unbiased opinion on the Derby manager! Do you get it.

Archived