Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mrdave85 said:

The season doesn't end in January does it?

Getting there and staying there are two different tasks, other posters have done the maths, we needed a promotion winning form to realistically challenge this season. The stars could align and we could still sneak in, but I agree, we need to look at next season realistically. I imagine McClaren was told to clear us away from the relegation places Pearson had guided us into, he has succeeded there. 

It tends to when McClaren is in charge

Just now, CornwallRam said:

It tends to when McClaren is in charge

I must admit I chuckled at this, although I don't agree, have a like :D

To my reckoning, we only missed out on the play-offs once? It's a bit harsh to label the team as bottlers when it has happened once, no? 

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

:whistle: ...

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Yes because I have to appease you lot. 

He fooled me for a while again as he does time and time again 

Let's have it right mate! You never feel obliged to appease anyone. You are amazingly reactive and fickle, that's about the sum of it and now things are not going well, predictably, you're calling for the manager's head.

In case you'd forgotten, you were just about the most staunch of the pro-Pearson camp and how did that work out for us? Were you demanding he be fired when we were second to bottom?

Your record is not great in this regard so your opinion will remain just that for most, an opinion and nothing more. Every time we lose a few games you act like the world is coming to an end, every supposed transfer target not signed is a pre-empt to the four horsemen of the apocalypse, you've got plenty of 'previous' and you know it.

Love your passion, the reactive stuff not so much.

26 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

The chap in front of me at The SOL on Saturday said Derby are 3 down. I told him and the others around that Derby is the only place in Britain where fans believe McClaren is a half decent manager. I couldn't believe how fondly remembered he was by so many of you before his reappointment. I've backed you three seasons running and it looks like it's three seasons running I've lost.

To have a team top at Christmas and so mismanage them that you blow a place in the play-offs on the final day at home was a monumental failure. To want the manager who oversaw that disaster to return remains inexplicable to me. I hope he proves me wrong and clinches a play-off place in the 46th match, following it with promotion at Wembley; but I don't hold out much hope. I really don't see The Rams back in the top flight while he's in charge.

All well and good fella and doubtless some will agree with elements of your post but shouldn't you be more concerned with the fact that without Defoe you'd be long odds on to be playing in the same division as us next year?

Archived