Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I believe Curtains gets all the stick because of how they post, not having a different opinion. I'm not against anyone believing Mac isn't the man, but when their arguments are "He's wishy washy" or "Useless", and not to mention the post praising Mcclaren not too long ago, they'll get stick. 

I see makes sense.

I see Derby fans are 'divided' about SM's future according to various other sites and reports. SM has a win rate as Rams Manager in his 2 stints of 53%. Chris Hughton's overall win % at Brighton is 48%....should he too fear the sack??? Replacing our Manager every season is not the answer. Give him a full pre season and transfer window and see where we are at Christmas.

2 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

I'm sure he is more concerned about Defoe. Seems like you're suggesting that because of this he shouldn't comment on any other matter. Utterly moronic.

What's 'utterly moronic' is you losing your **** and getting all personal over a mildly cheeky (at worst) post pointing out that in actual fact, we've less to worry about right now than Sunderland. There's a certain irony in a supporter from a PL team expressing concern for our chances of joining them when in all likelihood they'll be in the same league as us next season, or had that simple fact escaped you? He can post whatever he likes, within reason - I'm not his keeper any more than you are mine. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I see Derby fans are 'divided' about SM's future according to various other sites and reports. SM has a win rate as Rams Manager in his 2 stints of 53%. Chris Hughton's overall win % at Brighton is 48%....should he too fear the sack??? Replacing our Manager every season is not the answer. Give him a full pre season and transfer window and see where we are at Christmas.

"Divided" only in the sense that it only takes a handful of people on a forum to say he should go to suggest, in some people's minds, that it is opinion widely agreed with. 

If you asked a reasonable sized proportion of Derby supporters I'm certain that an overwhelming majority would say that any thoughts of sacking of SM are ludicrous. 

Unless we're in a dire mess I also think next Christmas is ridiculously early. Hardly what I'll call management stability. Let's not even have a debate over timescales. 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"Divided" only in the sense that it only takes a handful of people on a forum to say he should go to suggest, in some people's minds, that it is opinion widely agreed with. 

If you asked a reasonable sized proportion of Derby supporters I'm certain that an overwhelming majority would say that any thoughts of sacking of SM are ludicrous. 

Unless we're in a dire mess I also think next Christmas is ridiculously early. Hardly what I'll call management stability. Let's not even have a debate over timescales. 

I hope you are right. I mentioned Christmas as a time by which we should be clearer as to whether the new, hopefully fully-fit squad are gelling and moving forward that's all....

TROUBLE AT MILL!

Yes we had a good unbeaten run, but when you take a look at those games there were many near misses, posts and crossbars being hit, but we tend to just look at the result and say "Good game" because we won. Would we be saying the same thing if those near misses had actually gone in? Now they ARE going in and we are wondering what's happening with our defense? Has our defense really changed?

As for midfield, do we have a General? Do we lack a Dave MacKay? 

Butterfield has a good powerful shot, which is rarely seen, and when we see it, it's often off target. We need others with a canon shot that most teams in the Premiership seem to possess. Remember Hinton, George, and Rioch? They frightened goalkeepers when that ball left their boot.

Do we have a powerful and commanding Captain?  Personally, I don't think we do. 

9 hours ago, curtains said:

Thanks .

Why didn't you say something? You could have incessantly whined about him since forever, and continually griped even when we were flying. Missed a trick there bud.

6 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Exactly this, and I keep harping on about them, but look at Brighton!

Did they implode when they finished 20th a few seasons ago? Did they sack Chris Hughton and change their squad from top to bottom? 

No, they had patience, they gave him time. They are storming the league this season and we should look to them as an example. Mac has been back less than a year, he has turned us around from where Pearson had us and MM should ignore all the wrist-slashers on here and give him the time to manage this team. 

We've been in and around the play offs since 2014, there's no reason (disappointing not this season) with a proper plan and patience we can't seriously challenge again.

Knee-jerk reactions to a first home league defeat since September will get us nowhere. 

I like your post and thinking. But on the other hand some may want to make the point that we may of finished 20th with Pearson this season and if we gave him the time and a few seasons later we might be in Brighton's position or in advance of that or better still if we had the patience with Clement and our football and league position improved, but did we have the patience, and did we give these two the time?, whereas how patient and how much time are we going to have to be with the Mac? 1,2,3,4 or 5 years or more?

Can we bring back Jim Smith to help him out or do we just keep hanging on to a good number two, or taking him back again and thinking he is going to produce this proper plan and actually seriously challenge or better still actually win promotion?

Archived