Big Overhaul - New Squad - Who?

mrdave85

53 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Anyone stating Keogh should be dropped and isn't good enough I seriously question their ability to judge football. If he is our problem, wow, you are overlooking so many other things in this team.

Lets ignore the following:

- mistakes by his centre back partner

- Mistakes by his full back, in particular on the left

- lack of defensive support coming from in front of him especially in the holding role

But no, let's play Pearce and Shackell and let's see the ball being passed between those two defenders!

?So if somebody doesn't  rate a player as highly as you, you'll question their judgement on football? What The ****? lol 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Papahet said:

?So if somebody doesn't  rate a player as highly as you, you'll question their judgement on football? What The ****? lol 

On this one.... Yep! :)

But you subtly changed the theme there. The question is about whether Keogh is good enough and that people are saying he is a contributing factor in our current predicament. So I'm not referring to any player I'm simply referring to those who suggest we play two non footballing defenders at the back when our style is to play it out from the back.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or maybe people think the season to date (3rd best defence in the league) is a better indicator than 3 matches?

By that theory, does this mean Blackburn have the same quality of frontmen has ourselves? Afterall both us and them have scored 36.

Does this also now mean lil old Preston have a better attack having scored 8 more than us this season?

32 minutes ago, Papahet said:

By that theory, does this mean Blackburn have the same quality of frontmen has ourselves? Afterall both us and them have scored 36.

Does this also now mean lil old Preston have a better attack having scored 8 more than us this season?

Well I will let you work that out yourself. 

I would just like to argue that although the team wins and loses as a whole.....every single goal conceded is conceded by Richard Keogh. Doubly so when he isn't playing, as he is at that point almost certainly at least fifty yards away from where he needs to be.

A fraction proportion of every goal we concede after he leaves will still be conceded by Richard keogh for as long as he remains a professional footballer.

Keogh is an erratic defender, no doubt, but you get a mix of brilliance and comedy when you could have a non stop diet of mediocre from many other championship defenders.

I just think some people have never forgiven him for Wembley.

12 hours ago, Papahet said:

At this stage in the season, yeah they do. . Everyone will have an opinion about who the better players are, naturally, but they have had just as much, or more, success as us at scoring goals

Keogh is part of one of the best defences in the league this season, you can have your opinion on him but you can't argue that.

Pearce has been total **** last 4-5 games, if Keogh has been bad then this guy should be non-league. Any cross in to the boss leaves Pearce looking like that John Travolta meme with his hands out wondering what the **** is going on. The guy can't mark for toffee and has the pace and agility of a pensioner. But you know he rolls his sleeves up old fashioned style so he must be better than Keogh.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Pearce has been total **** last 4-5 games, if Keogh has been bad then this guy should be non-league. Any cross in to the boss leaves Pearce looking like that John Travolta meme with his hands out wondering what the **** is going on. The guy can't mark for toffee and has the pace and agility of a pensioner. But you know he rolls his sleeves up old fashioned style so he must be better than Keogh.

This is the Pearce that went out on loan.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Do you watch the full 90's on Rams Player?

I have a season ticket! Why would I? I have an opinion, it differs to yours. Whats the problem? I don't rate Keogh, we have too many bang average players to get promotion.

That is, my opinion.

And I disagree with you that he's one of the best in the league

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

if i was in charge of DCFC I would overhaul the fan base.
Get rid of a few of the moaners who are almost out of contract and perhaps sign some new postive thinking fans who wont slash their wrists or commit suicide in the 1st month.

Thank god you aren't in charge then huh? If you get so mardy over a different opinion.

8 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Why has this turned into another Keogh bashing thread? This forum is nuts. Certain players are castigated non-stop. Derby supporters my arse.

Because someone picked up on the fact i'd sell him at the right price and everyone else got offended because I don't rate him like most.

15 hours ago, Papahet said:

Hmmmm

23 hours ago, Papahet said:

Listen, like you say. You have listed several games without Keogh in the side and lost correct? so what's wrong with the same theory of me listing games he's started and also lost? Or doesn't that count.

You defend has a team buddy, the team isn't good enough to go on a consistent run of games - Especially at this stage of the season. When we have the chance to either form a gap or get into the top two/six guess what? We falter every single time. The mentally isn't right within the team and hasn't been for some time.

MK Dons, Cardiff, Rotherham, QPR, Brum, Bristol, Norwich, Leeds, Boro, Forest, Hull first leg. We just didn't turn up.

Would I get rid of Keogh? Yes, likewise Bryson, Russell, Blackman, Roos, Vydra and about seven or eight more. We are not anywhere near good enough to get out this league with them, wakeup. It's not the 2013/14 season anymore.

And re Flint as my suggested "He's having a poor season". Wasn't Keogh also signed from a relegated Coventry City?

Hmmmmmm :sleep:

Don't understand the theory of bashing Keogh, its a team game and if the squad if good enough to finish mid table and mid table is our goal what's the problem?

Its slightly different if promotion is our goal, then I agree the current squad is not good enough.

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

Hmmmm

Hmmmmmm :sleep:

Hmmmm hmmmmmm hmmm?  kind of a reply is that? 

Roos - Nowhere near the first team nowadays, didn't excel in his loan spells. Move him on for his own good

Russell - Too inconsistent, doesn't take his chances. Probably rated for his crappy beard and tattoo's more than his actual footballing ability

Bryson - A shadow of the player from 13-14, another who is hyped to be a messiah on here. Bang average in 2017

Blackman - Ha-Ha right

Keogh - Too many howlers, too many times we've failed with him in the side. it's time to change it.

Vydra - Crap without Deeney; WBA, Reading and now here. Another overrated player costing us a fortune.

Let's stick with the class of 2014 (Keogh, Bryson, Thorne, Hughes, Martin, Russell)  forever and see where we get, guarantee it won't be to the Premiership.

Just now, Papahet said:

Roos - Nowhere near the first team nowadays, didn't excel in his loan spells. Move him on for his own good

Russell - Too inconsistent, doesn't take his chances. Probably rated for his crappy beard and tattoo's more than his actual footballing ability

Bryson - A shadow of the player from 13-14, another who is hyped to be a messiah on here. Bang average in 2017

Blackman - Ha-Ha right

Keogh - Too many howlers, too many times we've failed with him in the side. it's time to change it.

Vydra - Crap without Deeney; WBA, Reading and now here. Another overrated player costing us a fortune.

Let's stick with the class of 2014 (Keogh, Bryson, Thorne, Hughes, Martin, Russell)  forever and see where we get, guarantee it won't be to the Premiership.

Okay, name 5 howlers. In all the games he's played give me 5 examples please. You've been replied to with enough evidence to show that Keogh is a quality defender, which is more than just others opinion. Please, back up your thoughts on the player with some proof, other than your opinion. 

That spine of Hughes, Thorne, and Bryson have barely had a full season together. I agree Bryson doesn't appear to at the same level he was, but Hughes and Thorne could run a midfield if they stay fit, which in Thorne's case unfortunately is a big if. 

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Blackman - Ha-Ha right

Play-Off Final Aside, name me 5 howlers from Keogh that have cost us goals in the league?

Archived