36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ramnut squad......

Bentley, Carson

Santos, christie, rawson,  keogh, Pearce , Shackell, forsyth, Olssen, lowe, 

Thorne, Dempsey, Hanson,

Hughes, Powell, Bryson, Mowatt

russell, martin, WoodHarper, bennett, Pritchard

15m spent.....10m back on hendrick 

The only problem with that is that we had Hughes and Bryson out for most of last season so we would have had to have at least one replacement at the time.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Looks like a Clough squad, too much fluff in it. Do you really think Hanson, Santos and Bennett are good enough?

Don't know. We haven't ever seen them, and yet we are supposed to be trying to develop academy players.

when i've seen the u23s lowe wasn't streets ahead.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

The only problem with that is that we had Hughes and Bryson out for most of last season so we would have had to have at least one replacement at the time.

True.....if pushed then i might have gone for.....

30/08/15B. BannanCrystal PalaceN/A 

i think he was only @£1m ? And scored against us the previous season.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

True.....if pushed then i might have gone for.....

30/08/15B. BannanCrystal PalaceN/A 

i think he was only @£1m ? And scored against us the previous season.

I think I would have still signed Butterfield or gone for Cairney  (depending when he signed for Fulham) but probably gone for a loan until Jan transfer window, if possible. Someone like Emyr Hughes.

Carson - Mitchell              Loan out Roos again

Ince plays best with a defensive fullback behind him extend Bairds contract for one more year - Wisdom loan (not played regularly at Norwich or Salzburg so should be realistic)                         Let Christie go (love him but doesnt fit and contract expires) 

Keogh - Pearce - Shackell - Rawson

Give Lowe a chance at left back - Let Forsyth recover as backup                     Olsson has to go, hate the guy he cant defend, too weak, cant beat a man and hasnt got a delivery

Thorne - Hanson - Johnson - Hughes - Bryson - A midfielder that is willing to get into the box and score goals, cant think right now, is Lawrence a mid?                                   Butterfield has to go, doesnt want the ball when we are attacking, frustrates me constantly

Ince - Camara - Elsnik (winger cover)

J Ibe Loan (Not playing at Bournemouth, looks a realistic option and what we need opposite Ince) - Anya (good option as backup and versatile)                      Russell (not good enough unfortunately, gives his all and a fan favourite but we have better and need better to go up)

Martin - Nugent - O Watkins (young hungry striker to come in)                            Bent, Weimann, Blackman, Vydra all to go. I think they are good strikers but just dont fit in. Lots of money wasted. Try and get as much money back as we can. Let Bents contract expire.

Thats 4 players in and 8 out for me. Shows how bloated out squad is.

56 minutes ago, rynny said:

No Ince in your squad, have you been watching Derby this year, Ince would walk into any championship club since Mac came back he has worked hard, top scorer, and our most dangerous player. And is a joy to watch.

56 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

No Ince in your squad, have you been watching Derby this year, Ince would walk into any championship club since Mac came back he has worked hard, top scorer, and our most dangerous player. And is a joy to watch.

My squad? Would you like to point me in the direction where I have put a squad up?

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

My squad? Would you like to point me in the direction where I have put a squad up?

I think he means my squad.

i would not have paid the fee of £4.7 million plus at the time. I said £2.75m max back then, so i wouldn't have signed him.

He's scoring goals for us now but his overall game is still limited. He is always looking to come inside on his left foot to get a shot away. He doesn't look deliver quality crosses for others, perhaps playing on the right doesn't help. 

I'd rather have Pritchard.

No overhaul needed I think this team has it in them to get the playoffs which will be my expectations for next season.

Gks - Carson, Mitchell, Roos

Lbs - Forsyth, Lowe, Olssen

Rbs - Christie, Wisdom

Cbs - Keogh, Shackell, Rawson, Pearce

Dms - Thorne, Hanson, Diagouraga

Cms - Hughes, Bryson, Johnson, Gunnarsson

Wgs - Ince,  Russell, Anya, Ibe

Cfs - Martin, Vydra,  Bent, Nugent

Out

Butterfield, Weimann, Baird, Blackman, Camara.

I think we would have a net outlay of about £7mil

On 2/15/2017 at 08:30, JaguarRam said:

No overhaul needed... Maybe a little tweaking in the summer.

Tweaking with a sledge  hammer. We've had tweaks to the squad already. McLarens had 3 attempts, then Clement, Wassell, Pearson. Its becoming apparent that the core team of players isn't quite capable of levels of performance for the duration (rather than part of) of season. Not a criticism, just an observation.

33 minutes ago, europia said:

Tweaking with a sledge  hammer. We've had tweaks to the squad already. McLarens had 3 attempts, then Clement, Wassell, Pearson. Its becoming apparent that the core team of players isn't quite capable of levels of performance for the duration (rather than part of) of season. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Has it been tweaked? Of the fourteen to play against Cardiff only four were here during Mac 1, two of whom are Ince and Bent. 

And to say McClaren's had three attempts isn't exactly true. He's had one full attempt.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

He's scoring goals for us now but his overall game is still limited. He is always looking to come inside on his left foot to get a shot away. He doesn't look deliver quality crosses for others, perhaps playing on the right doesn't help. 

I'd rather have Pritchard.

Who?

Players in:
Ben Garratt (Crewe)
Ryan Fredericks (Fulham)
*Extra Centre back*
Massimo Luongo (QPR)
Tom Lawrence (Leicester)
Ollie Watkins (Exeter)
Yann Kermorgant (Reading)

Players out:
Shackell
Olsson
Butterfield
Camara
Blackman
Weimann
Vydra
Bent (End of contract)

Leaving a squad of:

Goalkeepers: Carson, Garratt, Mitchell

Defenders: Christie, Fredericks, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, *Another Centre back*, Lowe, Forsyth

Midfielders: Thorne, Luongo, Johnson, Hughes, Bryson

Wingers: Ince, Russell, Anya, Lawrence, Watkins (I could see him initially playing as a winger)

Strikers: Martin, Kermorgant, Nugent

Edit: Accidently put Shackell in the squad of players left.

My thoughts on response to some of the suggested players:

There is no way Ibe will come down a division. 

Lawrence would be a great addition, I'd imagine he would be in great demand though. 

Alan Judge is a great call,  tipped to go to Newcastle before his injury but probably unlikely to join for their premier league campaign next year. 

Jota would be another great addition. With Judge and Jota out of contract this could save the club a few quid.

I'd love wisdom back at Derby (read into this what you will)

Archived