Paul Clement

Waffle

I like PC, he is a considered and consummate professional, but his teams are set up to play in a way that doesn’t work with the players at his disposal. Why he cant see that is surprising and it justifies his sacking.

He’ll be calling Carlo from the car park.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Koeman ? It’ll be a big ask to keep them up though so I think Swansea might already have irons in the fire, none of this caretaker malarkey, I don’t think they’ve got the luxury of taking their time to find the “right” man. 

Would Giggs throw his hat in the ring or are they not high profile enough ?

14 minutes ago, CaverRam said:

Just looked through all the odds...some bizarre folks on that list. Giggs is obvious and maybe Koeman, but how about Schteve? He could pick the lingo up in minutes boyo and he likes to try to play football. 

Steve McClaren turning arond the fortunes of an ailing team? Now I've heard it all!

That's up there with suggesting that loaning Darren Bent to Burton would save them from relegation.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

One paragraph from that strikes a chord;

"The timing of the decision to part company with Clement comes as something of a surprise, not least because all the indications were that he would remain in charge for the Palace match and that Swansea’s majority shareholders, Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, wanted to try to give the 45-year-old the January transfer window to strengthen a woefully ill-equipped squad."

Perhaps someone tipped these owners off about Mel's experience giving Clement the January window - when he paid an absolute fortune for Nick Blackman!

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

One paragraph from that strikes a chord;

"The timing of the decision to part company with Clement comes as something of a surprise, not least because all the indications were that he would remain in charge for the Palace match and that Swansea’s majority shareholders, Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, wanted to try to give the 45-year-old the January transfer window to strengthen a woefully ill-equipped squad."

Perhaps someone tipped these owners off about Mel's experience giving Clement the January window - when he paid an absolute fortune for Nick Blackman!

Perhaps they got wind that he had lined up a deal FOR Nick Blackman? :ph34r:

Archived