Paul Clement

Waffle

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, David said:

All this about Clement signing Sanches, turns out he could have gone to West Ham but Bilic didn't want him.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/september/01-september/sullivan-delivers-transfer-window-verdict

All this because he's Carlo's mate, nope.

I don't rate Clement but he will probably stay in a job unless the promoted clubs prove good enough to stay up

Brighton do not look good enough Huddersfield have started well so maybe and Newcastle look fairly poor to me but there is a lot of time left

Having sold Jack Cork for £8,000,000 he then played £15,000,000 midfield-runner Clucas deep when they have £11,000,000 Mesa who's a natural in that role? How do people still give him money?

And don't get me started on the diamond. Why do managers do it? The diamond against teams that are clearly going to sit deep? It's almost a certainty that you won't break them down from open play without producing a screamer or the defense providing a howler. 

11 hours ago, cannable said:

Having sold Jack Cork for £8,000,000 he then played £15,000,000 midfield-runner Clucas deep when they have £11,000,000 Mesa who's a natural in that role? How do people still give him money?

And don't get me started on the diamond. Why do managers do it? The diamond against teams that are clearly going to sit deep? It's almost a certainty that you won't break them down from open play without producing a screamer or the defense providing a howler. 

He ballsed up big time yesterday.  Ayew isn't a poacher, and Sanches definitely isn't a right mid, and why's he playing Fer as a No 10??? Bar the save Fabianski made, the first half was painful to watch.  It was so one paced.  I fu***ng hate Newcastle with a passion but I'm glad they won.  

I guess with us, a lot of it was masked because we had a number of Championship match winners in our side (Martin, Ince, Thorne) that could turn a draw into a win.  Now that Siggurdson & Llorente have gone, he doesn't have that luxury at Prem level...

18 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

He ballsed up big time yesterday.  Ayew isn't a poacher, and Sanches definitely isn't a right mid, and why's he playing Fer as a No 10??? Bar the save Fabianski made, the first half was painful to watch.  It was so one paced.  I fu***ng hate Newcastle with a passion but I'm glad they won.  

I guess with us, a lot of it was masked because we had a number of Championship match winners in our side (Martin, Ince, Thorne) that could turn a draw into a win.  Now that Siggurdson & Llorente have gone, he doesn't have that luxury at Prem level...

I honestly think he may well be more sorted to working with World Class players. 

I know that sounds a bit of a stupid statement but when you look at managers they tend to only be able to do the same job over and over but with different clubs. For example Roy Hodgson "will make your bad players look average but at the same time he'll make your good players look average" and the end result is Fulham in a European final and a disaster at Liverpool.

With Clement I think he'd give a team a basic structure and their match winners would do their thing.

Clement for me is very much like a poor man's Mourinho.

He can structure a team, make them relatively solid and frustrate their opponents. But he's utterly reliable on his forward-thinking players to conjure up their own attacking sequences and create goal-scoring opportunities.

Clement had probably become so accustomed to working with world-class attackers, he probably had very little trouble getting his message across or very little input on the outcome of PSG, Madrid or Bayern's attacking ability.

I always got the impression while he was here that he was waiting for the likes of Ince and Martin to produce out of nothing. If not that, his ideas were evidently far too advanced for Championship footballlers.

I can't see Swansea scoring many goals under him.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Clement for me is very much like a poor man's Mourinho.

He can structure a team, make them relatively solid and frustrate their opponents. But he's utterly reliable on his forward-thinking players to conjure up their own attacking sequences and create goal-scoring opportunities.

Clement had probably become so accustomed to working with world-class attackers, he probably had very little trouble getting his message across or very little input on the outcome of PSG, Madrid or Bayern's attacking ability.

I always got the impression while he was here that he was waiting for the likes of Ince and Martin to produce out of nothing. If not that, his ideas were evidently far too advanced for Championship footballlers.

I can't see Swansea scoring many goals under him.

His ideas are probably too advanced for English players. 

English players seem to want blood and thunder speeches. Overseas players want technical insight. 

Archived