Paul Clement

Waffle

Clement was pants and his good run was off the back of previous good work at the club and a big cheque book. He can't manage the mentality side of the game. Players look stifled by the things they are asked to do, lack of determination. Starts well then fades bad just like he did here. Argued with a lot of football hipsters that seemed to love him, guy is not a good manager.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Clement was pants and his good run was off the back of previous good work at the club and a big cheque book. He can't manage the mentality side of the game. Players look stifled by the things they are asked to do, lack of determination. Starts well then fades bad just like he did here. Argued with a lot of football hipsters that seemed to love him, guy is not a good manager.

I’d argue it’s more a case of him giving a team a basic defensive structure and just letting the forward players win the match.

Alright when you’ve got Gylfi Sigurdson and Fernando allotments, not so when you have Sam Clucas. 

39 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’d argue it’s more a case of him giving a team a basic defensive structure and just letting the forward players win the match.

Alright when you’ve got Gylfi Sigurdson and Fernando allotments, not so when you have Sam Clucas. 

Sorry to pick you up on it, but I do love some of the results of auto correct. How does Llorente become allotment? ?

37 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Sorry to pick you up on it, but I do love some of the results of auto correct. How does Llorente become allotment? ?

I texted my accountant last week. His name is Ross, and my phone changed his name to Tosser! 

I'd agree that renato sanchez always looked over-rated.

Portuguese agents have form for artificially hyping players. They usually sell them to man utd. This time altho United were constantly linked with him, it looks like Ancelotti fell for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor in his dismissal.

As for swansea, how many international stars could be pursuaded to go and live in south wales?

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'd agree that renato sanchez always looked over-rated.

Portuguese agents have form for artificially hyping players. They usually sell them to man utd. This time altho United were constantly linked with him, it looks like Ancelotti fell for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor in his dismissal.

As for swansea, how many international stars could be pursuaded to go and live in south wales?

Like when they over hyped that Ronaldo fella. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived