Abdoul Camara > Johnny Russell

belperram9

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think stats on paper can be very misleading with assists. I wouldn't class camara's ball to Bent v WBA as an assist due to it being a piece of individual brilliance. However he should have an assist for yesterday, it's not his fault Ince didn't bury it. I would have picked Russell yesterday, but took him off sooner. I don't think he was quite ready for a return. It was clear he was playing within himself. For me I feel Anya is due a start. Due to injury and left back cover he hasn't had much game time under maclaren on the wing. With our run of relatively easy home games. Defensive cover shouldn't enter the equation, pure attacking intent required for me

Well how about Anya at left back and camara left wing? That would be an attacking line up. 

15 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

QPR..... also Preston I think? 

Just seems to be a decent threat. I do think he's a impact player more than anything though.

With regards JR, feel like he's been a passenger for the most part all season.... 

Razza got ONE assist and that was against Qpr. Hughes got assist for Preston game. 

Far too much importance given to assists. If I play the final pass to Player A and he scores then I'm credited with an assist but if that same pass was to Player B and he puts the chance wide I don't get the assist but the pass which makes the chance is exactly the same. So the number of assists in my favour depends as much as anything on the quality of my team mates?

Misleading statistic if you're comparing players - it's probably a 'SKY' thing to keep fans talking.

Russell is usually non-flashy but does the hard work which  goes unnoticed by many - tracking back, marking and tackling. Camara offers a different option. That's why they're both being utilised by Mac. Horses for Courses and all that!

2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Russell is usually non-flashy but does the hard work which  goes unnoticed by many - tracking back, marking and tackling. Camara offers a different option. That's why they're both being utilised by Mac. Horses for Courses and all that!

But people won't understand this though... 

I think if Camara had a regular starting birth, he'd soon be getting similar levels of flack to russell, for different reasons, because they're different types of player.

It's good to have both, a fit again Anya is another option. Ince may suffer poor form or get injured.

I don't think Camara is decisively better than JR, but apart from Ince, they're all at similar levels.

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think if Camara had a regular starting birth, he'd soon be getting similar levels of flack to russell, for different reasons, because they're different types of player.

It's good to have both, a fit again Anya is another option. Ince may suffer poor form or get injured.

I don't think Camara is decisively better than JR, but apart from Ince, they're all at similar levels.

Of course he'd get flak, it's the Derby way. 

1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

Of course he'd get flak, it's the Derby way. 

Many seem to want to criticise those who have represented us well for about at least three years cue Keogh Bryson Martin Russell Hendrick ( strangely all internationals as well)

Come on guys, Russell offers a lot more than Camara defensively, so the selection made a lot of sense. 

However, Russell once again showed that he's not a player for the big occasion, and nowhere near good enough to take on potential PL opposition. Camara, love him or loathe him, and at times I loathe him, at least plays without fear. Showed that against Leicester, WBA and was by a mile the best player on the pitch against Newcastle after he came on.

There's potentially a really, really good player in there. Needs a few games to show what he can do now, just as Russell needs a few games on the bench and a long, hard look in the mirror. 

The Russell defensive qualities would be beneficial if we were actually winning games! Now by and large we have been but when Ince doesn't produce for us in a game it's not unfair to ask someone else to step up. Now who else exactly has stepped up?

18 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes camara is a potential impact player.. If you don't like russell starting who else? Anya ? He's not done much either so far. 

Anya been injured majority of the time. I like what ive seen of him though. quick skillful attacking. Needs a run in the team. For me Russell should be 3rd choice behind anya and camera

1 hour ago, sage said:

Camara's better games other than west Brom have been at RW and as a sub. 

Rusell starts and Camara comes on as sub for me. 

I want to agree but you know when Jonny comes on as a sub he is sooo hungry and determined. I'd almost want to reverse your suggestion and say let Camara get at them, let's start on the front foot. Instead of trying to get something back after a poor start, what about shoring things up when we are in the lead ? 

Archived