• Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Leonardo da Silva Lopez.

Go get him Gary.

One Leonardo da Silva Lopez

There's only one Leonardo da Silva Lopez

Onnnnnne Leonardo da Silva Lopez

There's only one Leonardo da Silva Lopez.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

One Leonardo da Silva Lopez

There's only one Leonardo da Silva Lopez

Onnnnnne Leonardo da Silva Lopez

There's only one Leonardo da Silva Lopez.

I thought Leo da Silva Lopez, to the tune of Living La Vida Loca, would do?

I'll forward your song suggestion to the Mel Morris official song steering group though, who knows what crazy tunes they will come up with if we sign him, which we won't.

In our current state, there's no chance we could tempt Peterborough United's hottest prospect away.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'll forward your song suggestion to the Mel Morris official song steering group though, who knows what crazy tunes they will come up with if we sign him, which we won't.

In our current state, there's no chance we could tempt Peterborough United's hottest prospect away.

Der Der Der Der

Leonardo da Silva Lopez

Der Der Der Der

Leonardo da Silva Lopez

21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Ricky Martin. You're on that deck again aren't you? What else did you play earlier? Club Tropicana l bet. Sun down now though, and the club classics must be in full flow. Put Faithless (Insomnia) on really loud for me. The neighbours will love it.

22 minutes ago, Topram said:

Transfer thing on twitter realible has said Derby have expressed an interest in tom Lawrence 

Let's hope that it doesn't cost too much though. Still need 2/3 QUALITY players in. 

Ledley Lawrence Sako and Watkins would be a good set of signings imo, all would be available and would offer the power and pace going forward which rowett has mentioned.

I do think Watkins may hinge on Bent going though

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lawrence has 1 year left on his deal, talk in Jan when we linked was that he was available for around 1m - would be happy if we got him for 1.5m or less

No chance!

"Championship side Derby County are set to rival Newcastle United for the signature of highly-rated Leicester City midfielder Tom Lawrence after his outstanding loan spell with Ipswich Town last season, according to Transfer Centre Live.

The 6-time Welsh international has been attracting interest from multiple clubs this summer after his future at Leicester City has been left up in arms after returning from his successful loan spell with perennial strugglers Ipswich Town last term.

Lawrence notched 9 goals in 34 appearances for The Tractor Boys and established himself as the talisman of Mick McCarthy’s side as he helped Ipswich stave off the drop and secure a lower mid-table finish and another season in the Championship.

Given the lack of financial resources available to Ipswich this summer, a return to Portman Road looks highly unlikely, and Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez has shown a keen interest in bringing the Welsh playmaker into the fold ahead of an interesting season for The Magpies.

Now Derby County are trying to snap up the former Manchester United midfielder, who could be available for a fee in the region of £8 million this summer, as Gary Rowett looks to strengthen his squad for the upcoming Play-Off push by bringing in another attacking threat to offer support to Darren Bent and Chris Martin.

Lawrence remains a Leicester player for now and no club is believed to have submitted an official offer as of yet, however, it’s hard to see the 23-year-old settling for a bit-part role with The Foxes next season."

9 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

No chance!

"Championship side Derby County are set to rival Newcastle United for the signature of highly-rated Leicester City midfielder Tom Lawrence after his outstanding loan spell with Ipswich Town last season, according to Transfer Centre Live.

The 6-time Welsh international has been attracting interest from multiple clubs this summer after his future at Leicester City has been left up in arms after returning from his successful loan spell with perennial strugglers Ipswich Town last term.

Lawrence notched 9 goals in 34 appearances for The Tractor Boys and established himself as the talisman of Mick McCarthy’s side as he helped Ipswich stave off the drop and secure a lower mid-table finish and another season in the Championship.

Given the lack of financial resources available to Ipswich this summer, a return to Portman Road looks highly unlikely, and Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez has shown a keen interest in bringing the Welsh playmaker into the fold ahead of an interesting season for The Magpies.

Now Derby County are trying to snap up the former Manchester United midfielder, who could be available for a fee in the region of £8 million this summer, as Gary Rowett looks to strengthen his squad for the upcoming Play-Off push by bringing in another attacking threat to offer support to Darren Bent and Chris Martin.

Lawrence remains a Leicester player for now and no club is believed to have submitted an official offer as of yet, however, it’s hard to see the 23-year-old settling for a bit-part role with The Foxes next season."

What article is this from?

That Nixon (take with a pinch of salt) has said we're in for two, one from the Prem, and has ruled out Jota and Ibe.

If you trust that there's only 4 realistic premier league wingers I think we can be after, Lawrence, Sako, Stanislas and McManaman. Can't think of anyone else good enough and in a price range, the latter two are hardly world beaters, and Sako is on huge wages. 

Perhaps it'd be a loan? Musanda or Iwobi? Is Piazon still owned by Chelsea? 

11 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

http://the72.co.uk/86862/derby-county-set-rival-newcastle-united-premier-league-midfielder/

Substantial enough for discussion in its own thread? Don't know how reliable 'the 72' are.

I Find the 72 site has a lot of page filling nonsense about who we might sign etc etc and not a lot of substance most of the time....eg we are competing with Leeds for polish defender Solamon ???? ...so un fortunately would'nt get too excited about what they write....great if it were true

19 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

http://the72.co.uk/86862/derby-county-set-rival-newcastle-united-premier-league-midfielder/

Substantial enough for discussion in its own thread? Don't know how reliable 'the 72' are.

Unless the 72 are quoting from a reliable source, then no.

I thought the £8m figure fee seemed steep. Makes sense now if it's come from them!

11 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

That Nixon (take with a pinch of salt) has said we're in for two, one from the Prem, and has ruled out Jota and Ibe.

If you trust that there's only 4 realistic premier league wingers I think we can be after, Lawrence, Sako, Stanislas and McManaman. Can't think of anyone else good enough and in a price range, the latter two are hardly world beaters, and Sako is on huge wages. 

Perhaps it'd be a loan? Musanda or Iwobi? Is Piazon still owned by Chelsea? 

Musanda off to Celtic right? 

Iwobi nahhhh

Piazon is still owned by Chelsea yes. 

16 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Musanda off to Celtic right? 

Iwobi nahhhh

Piazon is still owned by Chelsea yes. 

The more I think about it, Stanislas would be decent, I'm sure Bournemouth would consider letting him or Pugh leave at right price. 

Could perhaps be in for James McClean (hope not), or other potential loans could be Barrow from Swansea (who is terrible) or Ojo from Liverpool. 

Jota is better than them all mind. 

Archived