Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Rowett was at the Ireland/Wales game to watch a target or two apparently.

Whelan, Walters, Myler, Ward, Ledley the realistically ones.

Ledley and Robson-Kanu would be my guesses. Aiden McGeady and Sam Vokes could also be too. 

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Rowett was at the Ireland/Wales game to watch a target or two apparently.

Whelan, Walters, Myler, Ward, Ledley the realistically ones.

Seen that on the website, it said : 'it wasn't a game full of quality but it was good to be there and see a few targets that we're interested in looking at' it also says how Chris Martin is part of Rowetts plans and that he has spoke to Jamie Hanson and Andreas weimann to discuss plans going forward

9 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Seen that on the website, it said : 'it wasn't a game full of quality but it was good to be there and see a few targets that we're interested in looking at' it also says how Chris Martin is part of Rowetts plans and that he has spoke to Jamie Hanson and Andreas weimann to discuss plans going forward

That could be Jeff Hendrick. :ph34r:

On 27/03/2017 at 12:02, Nuwtfly said:

Hibs striker Jason Cummings? 68 goals in 140 appearances for the Hibees. Still only 21-years-old. Wouldn't likely cost a great deal either. 

Hearing that he is destined for the Gary O Conner and Derek Riorden route. All the skill in the world but a bit of a daftie. Not convinced he is dedicated to his profession.  He was a touch on the large size earlier on in the season but Lennon seems to have sorted him out. 

If someone could get into his head, then there's a player there. Not sure he is a Rowett type player. 

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Hearing that he is destined for the Gary O Conner and Derek Riorden route. All the skill in the world but a bit of a daftie. Not convinced he is dedicated to his profession.  He was a touch on the large size earlier on in the season but Lennon seems to have sorted him out. 

If someone could get into his head, then there's a player there. Not sure he is a Rowett type player. 

Wow. Really? He's 21! Whoever mentioned that to you is pulling no punches!

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wow. Really? He's 21! Whoever mentioned that to you is pulling no punches!

To be fair, he is probably the most talented youngster up North. I'm hoping he moves down south and progresses but I fear he may lose his way. He needs  a strong manager. 

He's got pace, skill and strength. He needs to find consistancy, but as you say he is still young. Next season in the Premier League will be a good test for him. 

I'm struggling to find any "gems" in the Scottish market at the minute. I think Greame Shinnie could make the step up. Calum Patterson, Jamie Walker at Hearts possibly. 

Mind you, I'm surprised how well Jackson Irvine and Marley Watkins have done in the Championship this season. 

Some DCFC Transfers Instagram account seems to think we've been linked with Brentford DM Ryan Woods. He's only 5'8 but he seems fairly speedy and athletic, from what I've seen of him. Probably the sort we'd need if we're playing the strong but immobile DM's like Thorne/Johnson

They bought him from Shrewsbury in 2015 and when you think about the players Brentford have recruited through their championship years (Andre Gray, Alan Judge, James Tarkowski, Jota, Lasse Vibe, Daniel Bentley and Egan who's making his ROI debut tonight), I wouldn't mind picking off a few of their players. Their recruitment and scouting seems to be everything ours isn't.

Ginger though.

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Some DCFC Transfers Instagram account seems to think we've been linked with Brentford DM Ryan Woods. He's only 5'8 but he seems fairly speedy and athletic, from what I've seen of him. Probably the sort we'd need if we're playing the strong but immobile DM's like Thorne/Johnson

They bought him from Shrewsbury in 2015 and when you think about the players Brentford have recruited through their championship years (Andre Gray, Alan Judge, James Tarkowski, Jota, Lasse Vibe, Daniel Bentley and Egan who's making his ROI debut tonight), I wouldn't mind picking off a few of their players. Their recruitment and scouting seems to be everything ours isn't.

Ginger though.

Think he'd be a good long term replacement for Bryson

4 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Ginger though.

Watched Burton Vs Brentford and he was the best player on the pitch. Saw him at the Pirelli a few times for Shrewsbury and he always stood out 

12 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Watched Burton Vs Brentford and he was the best player on the pitch. Saw him at the Pirelli a few times for Shrewsbury and he always stood out 

Years of suffering from having too small a team on the pitch - I'd like us to sign some more players who are 6 foot plus.

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:40, DCFC1388 said:

CB - Aden Flint or Harlee Dean 

RB - Wisdom

CDM - Leadbitter or Kieftenbeld

Winger - Sako

Hasn't Aden Flint been a permanent fixture at Centre Back for one of the leakiest defences in the division?

I really hope we don't go in for Kieftenbeld at Birmingham.

The reason why is because there's thousands of players like him in the lower budesliga & dutch teams. We would have to be paying around £3/4m to land him this summer where as he joined Brum for under 500K last summer. We need to start improving our scouting networks to land bargains instead of trying to buy players off teams who have found their diamonds in the rough. Plus Kieftenbeld has only had 1 season in england, He looks very good don't get me wrong, But it may just be a good spell that he's going through and might not be ready for a big money move. 

Archived