Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Heard today that Derby are monitoring the situation of FC Koln midfielder Milos Jojic. Don't know anything about him as a player, but thought I would share here. 

Makes sense as we had scouts at the koln v hertha match

27 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Surman is out of contract. Good player for this level.

Him, Leadbitter and Jota would be my top targets, all freebies.

Jota out of them three is the only one I'd take, Rowett stated in his q&a last Tuesday that he doesn't want players from the premier league in their late 20's, he wants players who have a point to prove 

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

How you know mate 

Saw it on twitter, from this reporter in Germany he was taking about Anthony modeste from koln and replied to his tweet saying 'scouts from Man Utd, Chelsea, Aston Villa and Derby were at the game 

5 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Jota out of them three is the only one I'd take, Rowett stated in his q&a last Tuesday that he doesn't want players from the premier league in their late 20's, he wants players who have a point to prove 

Leadbitter is 31, and unless he's ruled out players from the Premier League in their early 30s, he's basically confirmed that he's signing.

Little bit on this Milos Jogic, he's a 25 year old central midfielder who can play as an attacking midfielder. He transferred to koln in 2015 from Dortmund for €3m he is in the Serbian national team. He has 25 appearances to his name since joining koln scoring 3 goals 

An energetic and powerful AM:

My preference already is Ollie Watkins from Exeter City, the exact sort of signing we should be making. Couple of million on a lower league player who'll be hungry to prove himself. Be great to have another young English talent who can learn from Inde and Hughes. Can provide the link between the main striker and the midfield as well as bring goals. Competition for Vydra.

An athletic DM:

The obvious example of this player is Kante but that is an extreme example. Someone who can do the combined jobs of Bryson and Johnson, be the strong ball winner in front of the defence as well as apply pressure on the opposition when in possession.

Allows us to carry someone like Hughes or Thorne alongside them so we can play the ball forward well.

Reluctant to suggest him but Fosu-Mensah from United. Probably above championship level already but he'd fit the bill on loan.

CB:

Someone who can play the ball better than Pearce or Shackell but still provide the defensive solidity they bring. Bit of an ask, but if we're going to spend a big chunk of money (a Johnson, Vydra size signing) this summer, I'd want it to be on a CB.

I don't think we'll be passing it out from the back as much as under Clement, Wassall or latter-McClaren, but we need someone who can do more than the Alex Pearce patented 'pass it sideways to Olsson who then hoofs it up field'.

James Chester, who we seemingly missed out on last summer, is the closest example I can think of, even if Villa have been far from stellar this term. Obviously not him but someone like him. You know what I mean.

Defensive minded RB:

I'd like to have someone who's defensively better than Christie, particularly now Baird's off in the summer. I'd keep Christie around, but I think we all agree that Ince plays well when he's got someone doing the unglamorous stuff behind him and giving him the ball with space around him.

Winger:

Someone who can do something close to what Ince, Ibe or Demarai Gray can do. Terrify defenders with a combination of pace and quick dribbling. Hopefully someone from lower leagues or a PL loan.

Harry Kent from Liverpool who's been on loan at Barnsley this season is a good example. Not great end product though.

Get rid of:

Camara, Blackman, Baird, Bent, Shackell, Bryson and choose to get rid of one of Weimann or Russell. 

Archived