Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I really hope we don't go in for Kieftenbeld at Birmingham.

The reason why is because there's thousands of players like him in the lower budesliga & dutch teams. We would have to be paying around £3/4m to land him this summer where as he joined Brum for under 500K last summer. We need to start improving our scouting networks to land bargains instead of trying to buy players off teams who have found their diamonds in the rough. Plus Kieftenbeld has only had 1 season in england, He looks very good don't get me wrong, But it may just be a good spell that he's going through and might not be ready for a big money move. 

They signed him in the summer of 2015.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Jesus christ. I'm really having a bad morning :( 

We all get things wrong from time to time, don't worry about it.....ok maybe not twice in an hour but like I say, really doesn't matter how wrong you are, it's the taking part that counts 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Jesus christ. I'm really having a bad morning :( 

Plus you've also listed his lack of experience in English football as a reason not to sign him. You've also suggested signing a player who has never played in England within the same post :ph34r:

IMG_3894.PNG

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Plus you've also listed his lack of experience in English football as a reason not to sign him. You've also suggested signing a player who has never played in England within the same post :ph34r:

IMG_3894.PNG

*Deletes account* 

At least 10 clubs scouting him already...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/602595/Swansea-Leicester-Oladapo-Afolayan-Solihull-Moors-non-league-rumours-gossip-news

Leicester chasing non-league striker sensation

SWANSEA are among a host of teams keeping tabs on Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan.

By David Woods, Chief Football Writer

/ Published 4th April 2017 GETTY Swansea want Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan

The 19-year-old former Chelsea trainee has scored four goals in his three starts for the National League side.

He joined Solihull in February but trains just once a week while he studies at Loughborough University, where he still has two more years to complete an engineering degree.

“Swansea are among a host of teams keeping tabs on Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan”

Afolayan was with Chelsea from eight to 14, then widened his football education in Canada with Toronto before returning to England to continue his studies.

Scouts from Barnsley, Grimsby, Blackburn, Derby, Leicester, Birmingham and Sheffield United have all been to watch him.

Boss Liam McDonald said: “He’s added raw pace and he's technically very good.”

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

At least 10 clubs scouting him already...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/602595/Swansea-Leicester-Oladapo-Afolayan-Solihull-Moors-non-league-rumours-gossip-news

Leicester chasing non-league striker sensation

SWANSEA are among a host of teams keeping tabs on Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan.

By David Woods, Chief Football Writer

/ Published 4th April 2017 GETTY Swansea want Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan

The 19-year-old former Chelsea trainee has scored four goals in his three starts for the National League side.

He joined Solihull in February but trains just once a week while he studies at Loughborough University, where he still has two more years to complete an engineering degree.

“Swansea are among a host of teams keeping tabs on Solihull Moors non-League striker sensation Oladapo Afolayan”

Afolayan was with Chelsea from eight to 14, then widened his football education in Canada with Toronto before returning to England to continue his studies.

Scouts from Barnsley, Grimsby, Blackburn, Derby, Leicester, Birmingham and Sheffield United have all been to watch him.

Boss Liam McDonald said: “He’s added raw pace and he's technically very good.”

He'd be a great signing.

If it doesn't work out on the pitch he can design our new stands to take us up to the 50k capacity we'll need soon enough.

22 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I really hope we don't go in for Kieftenbeld at Birmingham.

The reason why is because there's thousands of players like him in the lower budesliga & dutch teams. We would have to be paying around £3/4m to land him this summer where as he joined Brum for under 500K last summer. We need to start improving our scouting networks to land bargains instead of trying to buy players off teams who have found their diamonds in the rough. Plus Kieftenbeld has only had 1 season in england, He looks very good don't get me wrong, But it may just be a good spell that he's going through and might not be ready for a big money move. 

Don't be too hard on yourself, I actually agree with you in terms of improving scouting and looking at low value, high upside players.

I think the reason Kieftenbeld is mentioned is because of Gary's knowledge of his game and how he plays. If we bought him in I would expect 1-2 of our current Cm's to be sold (including Will sadly...)

with prices for average Champ players increasing every window, scouting players extensively and signing cheaper players, who are young or whose value has dropped, will become key

Grant Leadbitter is exactly who we'll need. I'd want us to sign young hungry players but when ever I've seen Grant he's been brilliant in that role especially when I seen them against us. 

Would add to the much needed Leaders we need also.

3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Grant Leadbitter is exactly who we'll need. I'd want us to sign young hungry players but when ever I've seen Grant he's been brilliant in that role especially when I seen them against us. 

Would add to the much needed Leaders we need also.

You can't spell Leadbitter without Leader and a bitt in the middle...

My opinion on what Rowett might want to do this Summer:

CB - leader, mentally tough, rough

(out - one of Keogh or Pearce if this happens)

CM - another battler in the middle to support front players and allow them license to attack

(out - Will, sadly)

CF - tall mobile strong number 9, hopefully better than Clayton Donaldson...

(out - Bent, possibly Martin if offers come in)

other outs could possibly include Razza and Cyrus

On Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 21:40, DCFC1388 said:

CB - Aden Flint or Harlee Dean 

RB - Wisdom

CDM - Leadbitter or Kieftenbeld

Winger - Sako

Wisdom ain't coming back. 

Archived