Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

My hope is that Rowett guts the squad quite a lot. He'll be changing the style of play a bit I'd have thought (to a 4-4-2 maybe?) and I know from a very strong source that the dressing room is dominated by a couple of players who are close with Mel Morris (some of whom, imo, don't merit the status they apparently enjoy based on their standard of play). I'd look to get rid of Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Butterfield, (regrettably) Bryson, Russell, Blackman and Bent.

Jon Toral is a really good suggestion. What about Marc Roberts or Tom Clarke to play CB?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

My hope is that Rowett guts the squad quite a lot. He'll be changing the style of play a bit I'd have thought (to a 4-4-2 maybe?) and I know from a very strong source that the dressing room is dominated by a couple of players who are close with Mel Morris (some of whom, imo, don't merit the status they apparently enjoy based on their standard of play). I'd look to get rid of Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Butterfield, (regrettably) Bryson, Russell, Blackman and Bent.

Jon Toral is a really good suggestion. What about Marc Roberts or Tom Clarke to play CB?

Can you name the couple of players who are close?? Or even give a hint that we can figure it out from 

22 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Can you name the couple of players who are close?? Or even give a hint that we can figure it out from 

I was given four or five names, they're all players who have been at the club quite a while, some of them are guys you'd suspect to be a bit difficult while some don't fit that image at all.

Also, the group doesn't include Bryson or Hughes. Don't really want to say any more.

41 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I was given four or five names, they're all players who have been at the club quite a while, some of them are guys you'd suspect to be a bit difficult while some don't fit that image at all.

Also, the group doesn't include Bryson or Hughes. Don't really want to say any more.

That only leaves Martin, Keogh, Forsyth, Russell and Christie. 

38 minutes ago, sage said:

I really can't see Martin being involved with this.

Sorry, I should clarify - that group had a big role in Pearson's sacking. I haven't heard from my source on McClaren, just think it's a reasonable assumption that some of those players had a role.

3 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Sorry, I should clarify - that group had a big role in Pearson's sacking. I haven't heard from my source on McClaren, just think it's a reasonable assumption that some of those players had a role.

I would have to disagree with that. You could assume Keogh as captain but no more than that. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

I would have to disagree with that. You could assume Keogh as captain but no more than that. 

Ok - but either way don't you find it a bit concerning that players got Pearson sacked? For me that means there needs to be a change.

4 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Ok - but either way don't you find it a bit concerning that players got Pearson sacked? For me that means there needs to be a change.

Players didn't get Pearson the sack. His behaviour towards players and other staff got him the sack.

If at a place of work, your manager is being unreasonable then you have the ability to speak to his boss. If his boss agrees then he will take action. 

Just now, sage said:

Players didn't get Pearson the sack. His behaviour towards players and other staff got him the sack.

If at a place of work, your manager is being unreasonable then you have the ability to speak to his boss. If his boss agrees then he will take action. 

That's not what my source thinks. They said that the players wanted to get back to 4-3-3 because they thought that suited us better, so undermined Pearson by going to Morris and getting him sacked.

8 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

That's not what my source thinks. They said that the players wanted to get back to 4-3-3 because they thought that suited us better, so undermined Pearson by going to Morris and getting him sacked.

You don't suspend someone for playing 442

28 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Heard today that Derby are monitoring the situation of FC Koln midfielder Milos Jojic. Don't know anything about him as a player, but thought I would share here. 

Am I right in saying that Rowett invested in a few players from the Bundesliga when at Brum?

Archived