Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Nope. But every signing doesn't have to be a starter.

Don't agree. If we bring another player in before the window shuts I think it has to be someone who can make a difference and therefore will be a certain starter barring injury or serious loss of form. We have enough in the squad who can step in to cover for suspensions and short-term injuries. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yet another high cost midfielder- how they get around FFP will be interesting 

Sparkle It doesn't pay to bother about FFP Bournemouth went £22million over got find £8million received £110millionfrom Prem and still there QPR still not paid anything after 3years 

7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Sparkle It doesn't pay to bother about FFP Bournemouth went £22million over got find £8million received £110millionfrom Prem and still there QPR still not paid anything after 3years 

It does if you don't go up. Let's see where villa are in 3 years time shall we.

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

And Leicester- and they won the league! 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't agree. If we bring another player in before the window shuts I think it has to be someone who can make a difference and therefore will be a certain starter barring injury or serious loss of form. We have enough in the squad who can step in to cover for suspensions and short-term injuries. 

WELL I DISAGREE TWICE WOLFIE!

If Nuge gets complacent or Fatty can't be arsed again then I'd rather have some young lad with potential & something to prove snapping at their heels ready to take their place. I've got a lot of faith in Chrissy and Nuge so I don't think we need a new first choice striker at £10m. But I do think they could benefit from a bit of competition to keep them both sharp. Its not just about covering suspensions and injuries, I could cover for suspensions and injuries - its about pushing for places. Daz Bent made a good account of himself last season but he's injured and I really don't feel he's going to challenge the top 2. James Wilson or similar will be fighting for a place so an addition like that, although not a 'certain starter' would be bloody good for the squad.

This is our year...we will be promoted ..why?

Everything is in place...we have in my opinion the best man manager by far in this league..we have the best chairman/owner in this league ....and we have the best squad in this league. We will win this league by a country mile COYR

12 hours ago, superzak said:

This is our year...we will be promoted ..why?

Everything is in place...we have in my opinion the best man manager by far in this league..we have the best chairman/owner in this league ....and we have the best squad in this league. We will win this league by a country mile COYR

Had a few bevvies when you wrote that by any chance lad? ?

30 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

My suggestion is that we should sell Kelle Roos and sign all of the Ipswich team. They're 2nd after all and we all know that where you are after 5 games is where you'll finish after 46 games.

Great idea Saul ?????? Has Nicko tweeted this yet or is it in the paper tomorrow?

Archived