Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Saity said:

No not this weekend he was in Kent playing in a charity match today  for a friend of mine 

He was mentioned in a podcast I was listening to today and Darren Jackson said he works for TJ scouting Scotland for Blackburn. 

I never saw him play for Derby, but plenty of times at Pittodrie and Parkhead for Celtic. 

15 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

He was mentioned in a podcast I was listening to today and Darren Jackson said he works for TJ scouting Scotland for Blackburn. 

I never saw him play for Derby, but plenty of times at Pittodrie and Parkhead for Celtic. 

He is a really nice bloke...proper geordie lad ....we went to a league one match yesterday( not scouting  though ) which meant I missed us play at Sheffield United ...I always liked him for us as he is a proper wide player...I forgot he played for Celtic ...he done well up in Scotland if I remember right ??

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Doubt no one is coming in 

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned that with 4 days left of the window there are no rumoured interests either in or out?

Yes I'm concerned but do agree it's unlikely we'll bring in anyone ...

really think this is going to be a very up and down season ...?

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned that with 4 days left of the window there are no rumoured interests either in or out?

Not really. Many fans emotions are too closely tied to one result. After Bolton we were top 6 needing a player to make us top 2. Now we need a squad cull (again), Johnny Russell needs to never be seen again and unless we sign 6 players it's relegation for us.

For what it's worth, out transfer business has been kept under wraps fairly well this summer. Just because we're not hearing anything doesn't mean it's not happening. Things can happen really quickly, particularly on deadline day!

34 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Not really. Many fans emotions are too closely tied to one result. After Bolton we were top 6 needing a player to make us top 2. Now we need a squad cull (again), Johnny Russell needs to never be seen again and unless we sign 6 players it's relegation for us.

For what it's worth, out transfer business has been kept under wraps fairly well this summer. Just because we're not hearing anything doesn't mean it's not happening. Things can happen really quickly, particularly on deadline day!

Nothing to do with Saturday's result, before then we needed at least 2 in and more than that out. You would've thought there would be the odd rumour here and there this close to the window shutting but there is nothing

The problems (for me) are

We aren't scoring 

We don't control the tempo of the game or dominate it

We don't seem to play on the front foot and take the game to teams allowing them a foothold in the game.

The solutions (in my mind)

Drop Russell, he's a shadow of his former self. Id sell If possible play Lawrence

Id do the same with Weimann, there's just not enough goal threat to justify his place. Play Vydra in a wider role or buy/ loan someone (Kent, Jota, Sako or similar)

Still though the biggest issue is the middle. Here I'd suggest Johnson and Huddlestone need more help to control the game.  I'd bring bryson for his energy. This could mean a slight variation in our formation 4141 putting an extra body in the middle. I was a great advocate of the 4231 but after Saturday in worries that it still isn't enough for us to control a game from midfield. Plus brysons energy would lift the team. 

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

No! Rumours are exactly that,rumours! I'd rather Rowett kept quiet until the new player/s have signed contracts.Rumours are usually just fans throwing out names on forums.

Archived