Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Guys - We (and Rowett) keep talking about giving the u-23s a chance - And the fact that we've already got a squad which is too big

Why would we buy another backup player?

It's evident from pre season that he doesn't fancy Zanzala yet, i agree we do need to shift a few but if we didn't buy/loan another option up top would you be happy with Nugent or Vydra stepping in? Nugent looked isolated in the last friendly, we'd need to switch formations completely for it to work.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

It's evident from pre season that he doesn't fancy Zanzala yet, i agree we do need to shift a few but if we didn't buy/loan another option up top would you be happy with Nugent or Vydra stepping in? Nugent looked isolated in the last friendly, we'd need to switch formations completely for it to work.

Like 4231

30 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I'd be happy with Nugent AND Vydra stepping in :)

As @EnigmaRam says I suspect we'd switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Vydra behind Nugent - That's what we played in a few games at the end of last season

If we do lose Martin at some point I'd rather try something like that out or try a loan rather than adding to a squad which Rowett already thinks is too heavy with a player who's just been brought in as backup

I'm amazed at a few saying they would sign a backup like Bogle instead of Nugent. Nugent is a fantastic squad player at this level, and in a 2 or 4231 he has looked very good for us already (remember Fulham at home...) If we sign a striker it will be a "different type of forward" and won't replace Nugent or be a Chrissy clone

Archived