What are you eating tonight

froggg

2 hours ago, froggg said:

Love cowboy beans, how do you do yours mate?

Just fried off some finely diced onion, celery and carrot with smoked paprika and a little cumin. Added the beans with a splash of white wine and stock, then just simmered them until the sauce thickened. Not sure if that is how you're supposed to do them but the end result is tasty. How do you do them? 

2 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Late night at work tonight so treated myself.

Screenshot_20200817-200223_Gallery.thumb.jpg.09db1280464d7c9ea3eca6615ca9f76c.jpg

My local kebab shop have their 2 hygiene stars displayed so prominently that you'd think they were incredibly proud of them. 

And so they should be. I honestly dont think you could cook a kebab of this quality in a clean kitchen.

Didn't the blind date show?

19 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just fried off some finely diced onion, celery and carrot with smoked paprika and a little cumin. Added the beans with a splash of white wine and stock, then just simmered them until the sauce thickened. Not sure if that is how you're supposed to do them but the end result is tasty. How do you do them? 

Marinate belly pork overnight in Bart Cajun spice, garlic granules, oregano, chilli flakes and olive oil, fry until good caramelisation, add chopped onions sweat them off, add chicken stock, passata, and I use borlotti and butter beans, simmer until pork is tender, approximately seventy minutes.

2 hours ago, froggg said:

Marinate belly pork overnight in Bart Cajun spice, garlic granules, oregano, chilli flakes and olive oil, fry until good caramelisation, add chopped onions sweat them off, add chicken stock, passata, and I use borlotti and butter beans, simmer until pork is tender, approximately seventy minutes.

Is this the recipe you use when a guest has outstayed their welcome?

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does anyone eat the complimentary salad that comes with an Indian take away?

Or those carved carrots you get in the pretentious Indian restaurants?