No good news....

Derbyram1

Well it sounds like we will have the exact same squad for the rest of the season, no return of Thorne, no return of Martin, no new transfers and Hughes out for at least Ipswich/Newcastle/Leicester.

Good news though everyone, Blackman is back!

Seems everything has just gone a bit flat of late, are we expecting to much to make (and possibly win) the playoffs with this squad?

The highs and lows of being a Derby fan, haha I wouldn't swap it for the world.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was the 8 wins from 10 that got my (and assumes others) hopes up but think there are 6-7 stronger teams than ours at present which hasn't been helped by injuries and Pearson loaning out CM.

Like you say (sorry, sound like Keogh), we still have Nugent but is he going to end up being another sicknote and does he offer anything different to Bent?

With a fit LB our defence will ensure that we keep picking up points, we will finish in the top six if Ince stays fit.

Time for Butterfield to step up and hopefully Bryson keeps improving.

If we don't go up this season I think we will win the league with everybody back, better luck with injuries and maybe the odd signing.

5 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

I know, just seems like the noises coming from Pride Park suggest our business is done.

Yeah like Bradley Johnson 1/2 minutes before transfer deadline closed and Chris Weale came out of nowhere as well. 

Happy to stay as is, see where we end up in May and then add 2 quality players (CM & AWM) to add to a fit GT and the return of CM9.

Sell Weimann (likely), let Shacks move on for first team football and dependent of what Blackman can do when fit keep or move on (at a loss).

We still gave Will, Lowe has made a breakthrough and i am confident likes of Guy/ Verbam may push on also. All good...?

Writing off this season it seems :cry:

I know we started poor under Pearson, but top 6 is still very do-able and there's absolutely no way you can be delighted (Mcclarens word) with the current squad on the back of the Norwich and Leeds performances. It need's fresh blood big time, even if it's a loan to come in and improve us, not another extra body for the bench.

Wednesday, Villa, Reading and Leeds are still looking to improve, why aren't we? Been a v. disappointing window, too much focus on the Martin situation. 

Should have gone all out for a winger and someone to help Will, no creative spark in that midfield, hence the lack of goals from the strikers.

I am full of cheer. Will is only going to out for 2/3 matches. Gives Butterfield a chance to get sharp and show us what he has. De Saart has arrived and looks promising. Bradley has his form back. Max Lowe is genuine quality. Olson looks keen and hungry. Brysn who I was begining to see as yesterday's man just reminded us what he can do.  All to play for with Nugent at a pretty low price in today's game. Ince on fire. Cyrus is back. The Pearce / Keogh love affair. Seen what Camara can do as an impact and it looks interesting. 

Compared to the gloom at the end of September and the horrifying lack of goals I have seen the right net balloon 5 times in 2 home matches  and we are knocking on the door of the playoffs. Meanwhile we just held the nations champions to a draw with a sterling performance from all concerned 

having to play clogging tractor boys and Newcastle in short order without the blond boy wonder is tough but that's part of being a fan. Bring it on ! 

3 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

The highs and lows of being a Derby fan, haha I wouldn't swap it for the world.

So this is a low is it?! You must have a bloody short memory. :lol:Nothing wrong with our squad or our transfer dealings this January for the rest of the season. Certainly not worth projecting a sense of dispair on here.

I do feel some fans were spoilt during Clement's first transfer window. 

Just now, cosmic said:

So this is a low is it?! You must have a bloody short memory. :lol:Nothing wrong with our squad or our transfer dealings this January for the rest of the season. Certainly not worth projecting a sense of dispair on here.

I do feel some fans were spoilt during Clement's first transfer window. 

If you silly boogers want to expieriance true low i suggest you trot off down Brian Clough Way

and whaat Cosmic says

Contracts for Hughes and Martin has made this January already success. Nugent will replace Bent as a experienced striker I assume. Forsyth and Thorne should be ready for next season and we have wisely signed Marquise De Sart for time being. Bryson played well, he might find some form for the rest of the season. Christie has just came back too, they are like two new signings.

IMO there has been lot of good news but maybe it's just me.

I am hoping we don't buy anyone else - let's be honest we are not particularly good at it.

Time for our coaches to prove that they can coach, and to earn their bloody money. They have a squad that most in the league would be envious of.  I know most of the players don't fit Mac's preferred system, but that is too easy an excuse. Given where we are positioned currently, and the squad available, l think we should be able to mould something so we can win enough games to get ourselves 6th come season end. I would consider it failure if that objective were now not achieved.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am hoping we don't buy anyone else - let's be honest we are not particularly good at it.

Time for our coaches to prove that they can coach, and to earn their bloody money. They have a squad that most in the league would be envious of.  I know most of the players don't fit Mac's preferred system, but that is too easy an excuse. Given where we are positioned currently, and the squad available, l think we should be able to mould something so we can win enough games to get ourselves 6th come season end. I would consider it failure if that objective were now not achieved.

So you're a $h it manager/coach if you can't make a silk purse from a cow's ear - a cow's ear not many other clubs have been interested in! Lol.

Archived