No good news....

Derbyram1

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am hoping we don't buy anyone else - let's be honest we are not particularly good at it.

Time for our coaches to prove that they can coach, and to earn their bloody money. They have a squad that most in the league would be envious of.  I know most of the players don't fit Mac's preferred system, but that is too easy an excuse. Given where we are positioned currently, and the squad available, l think we should be able to mould something so we can win enough games to get ourselves 6th come season end. I would consider it failure if that objective were now not achieved.

Top post . We need to stop panic buying and actually coaching our players we have. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I know, just seems like the noises coming from Pride Park suggest our business is done.

I'm not claiming to be itk or anything but i do know for an absolute fact that there's a top top player signing on loan tomorrow night that makes angela lansbury look like nobbie savage. 

You're welcome. 

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm not claiming to be itk or anything but i do know for an absolute fact that there's a top top player signing on loan tomorrow night that makes angela lansbury look like nobbie savage. 

You're welcome. 

Yes, but are they signing for us?

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Top post . We need to stop panic buying and actually coaching our players we have. 

You mean like they have with Ince, Baird, Pearce, Johnson and Bent, to name but five who were all written off by a lot of people on here a few short months ago?

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Yeah like Bradley Johnson 1/2 minutes before transfer deadline closed and Chris Weale came out of nowhere as well. 

Yeah what a pity we got that carthorse. To be fair he does have a nice ponytail which I think he cares about more than playing football.

We should sell him back to Norwich County!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you're a $h it manager/coach if you can't make a silk purse from a cow's ear - a cow's ear not many other clubs have been interested in! Lol.

Cow's ear?  Nothing wrong with our defence, arguably the best in the league. We have a number of pretty decent midfielders, and we have options upfront including Bent, Nugent, Vydra, Ince, Blackman, Camara and Russell.  We are a couple of points off the playoffs at this time. Really can't see what the problem might be if they can galvanise themselves to pass the ball to each other.

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Really can't see what the problem might be if they can galvanise themselves to pass the ball to each other.

Like under Pearson? But if we don't get at least 6th place then Mac will have failed was your point,

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I would consider it failure if that objective were now not achieved.

58 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Yeah what a pity we got that carthorse. To be fair he does have a nice ponytail which I think he cares about more than playing football.

We should sell him back to Norwich County!

:unsure: Sarcasm hopefully? It's hard to tell, 'cause here someone actually could say such drivel seriously.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like under Pearson? But if we don't get at least 6th place then Mac will have failed was your point,

Pearson's tenure/systems are history. What Mac did before Christmas is highly commendable, but once again history. We start tomorrow 2 points outside the play-offs and 57 points to play for.  Given the squad we have, l do think we will have failed if we do not make top 6 come May. To be fair l suspect Mac will feel the same. 

13 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Good news? 

I'll be at Ipswich tomorrow with fellow supporters getting behind the lads. Missed one game all season. Yet to hammer a player on the forum. Enjoy supporting my club and its players. 

I know, it's a unique way of going about it, but hey ho. 

Spot on. Enjoy it tomorrow mate.

Mac was onto a winner especially after a couple of good lucky results. Noticably wins against leeds and wednesday wherby those two teams didnt deserve to lose.

When he arrived anything other relegation and arresting the slide was success to me.

Our winning run was not only incredible, but it seemed to to give some fans unrealistic ambitions.

You may say we are 2 points from the top 6, but there is a whole host of clubs within similar striking distance.

There's probably 12 teams who have a chance of the top 6, but if i was a betting man, id say 3 out of the current 4 in the play off positions will stay there. Meaning theres probably only 6th position up for grabs.

Which is why 6th would be a real achievement, and not finishing top 6 wouldnt quite be the failure some fans say it would be.

On 30/01/2017 at 14:00, Derbyram1 said:

Well it sounds like we will have the exact same squad for the rest of the season, no return of Thorne, no return of Martin, no new transfers and Hughes out for at least Ipswich/Newcastle/Leicester.

Good news though everyone, Blackman is back!

Seems everything has just gone a bit flat of late, are we expecting to much to make (and possibly win) the playoffs with this squad?

The highs and lows of being a Derby fan, haha I wouldn't swap it for the world.

I hope that's not sarcastic - Blackman could thrive under McClaren. Just needs confidence. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I hope that's not sarcastic - Blackman could thrive under McClaren. Just needs confidence. 

More tongue in cheek than sarcasm, actually looking forward to seeing what he can do (although not sure where he will currently fit in).

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

More tongue in cheek than sarcasm, actually looking forward to seeing what he can do (although not sure where he will currently fit in).

Could do a job at LW or RW. Scored all his goals playing on either side of a striker at Reading. 

Archived