No good news....

Derbyram1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't get many chances - plenty were playing poorly under Clement at that time too. Deserves a chance under McClaren. 

Agree, would like to see him play down the middle but with Bent & Nugent ahead of him I cant see it happening.

On 1/30/2017 at 19:37, i-Ram said:

Pearson's tenure/systems are history. What Mac did before Christmas is highly commendable, but once again history. We start tomorrow 2 points outside the play-offs and 57 points to play for.  Given the squad we have, l do think we will have failed if we do not make top 6 come May. To be fair l suspect Mac will feel the same. 

You must have a very selective brain - what MacClaren achieved before Christmas was exceptional and it cannot be taken for granted that it will happen again starting from now. If we don't make the top 6 in a very competitive season it will be down to the ***** under Pearson . You are ruling off parts of the season as 'history' cos it doesn't suit the argument you want to make.

28 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You must have a very selective brain - what MacClaren achieved before Christmas was exceptional and it cannot be taken for granted that it will happen again starting from now. If we don't make the top 6 in a very competitive season it will be down to the ***** under Pearson . You are ruling off parts of the season as 'history' cos it doesn't suit the argument you want to make.

To me what @i-Ram is saying is, if you have just seen the table for the first time today (or a couple of days ago) regardless of what we have done and where we were, if we did miss out on the play offs would be a disappointment.

I agree to a point, from this point to the end of the season if we don't reach the play offs it would be disappointing.

But to get into a position where we are even thinking about the play offs after the start we have is bloody brilliant.

On 1/30/2017 at 19:37, i-Ram said:

Pearson's tenure/systems are history. What Mac did before Christmas is highly commendable, but once again history. We start tomorrow 2 points outside the play-offs and 57 points to play for.  Given the squad we have, l do think we will have failed if we do not make top 6 come May. To be fair l suspect Mac will feel the same. 

I agree, though it might depend if we don't make it, how we don't make it if that makes sense.

If we just bob around in seventh to tenth then yes that will be disappointing. If we are sixth on the last day and things conspire horribly against us and we drop out in the 90th minute, it's hard to say that on such a fine line it's failure.

I'd be happy with us competing for 6th till the end of the season. If we get into the playoffs great, if not then next season we'll go again. Even if we did get into the play off spots, really can't see us winning it. 

What I want to see most from the team is a hard to beat mentality developing, which we can then carry over to next season.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

To me what @i-Ram is saying is, if you have just seen the table for the first time today (or a couple of days ago) regardless of what we have done and where we were, if we did miss out on the play offs would be a disappointment.

I agree to a point, from this point to the end of the season if we don't reach the play offs it would be disappointing.

But to get into a position where we are even thinking about the play offs after the start we have is bloody brilliant.

Thank you Rynny. Good win last night, and hopefully another one on Saturday. We should be exerting pressure on Huddersfield in particular over the coming weeks imo. 

On 30/01/2017 at 14:03, cannable said:

I'd have taken survival and something akin to Mac 1 football when he rejoined us. 

Can't be disappointed when what we've seen so far has been beyond my wildest dreams. 

I'm not too sure you know. Imagine how hilarious League one would have been. 

Sorry not the correct thread but thought 'No good news' was as close as I could get to making an inquiry about our main shirt sponsor... ahem. I know it's not popular with many, me included,but was wondering how much longer the deal is for? Love the third kit but I can't buy a shirt with Just Eat emblazoned across the chest. 

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Sorry not the correct thread but thought 'No good news' was as close as I could get to making an inquiry about our main shirt sponsor... ahem. I know it's not popular with many, me included,but was wondering how much longer the deal is for? Love the third kit but I can't buy a shirt with Just Eat emblazoned across the chest. 

This is the last season with Just Eat. Expect that negotiations with a new sponsor aren't happening until we know our fate at the end of this season.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

candy crush is made by king...its where uncle mel made his fortune...

Thank you kash. Not a gamer so haven't the foggiest about who owns what. Aware of Mel and candy crush but that's about it! 

Archived