Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

13 hours ago, Mitsiboy said:

Well you'd be wrong I'm afraid. The real bidding will start at 2.5m or more. Any hopes of signing him for anything less than that is nothing more than wishful thinking. If the club's decision makers agree with you, he'll be off elsewhere. 

He's not going to be an improvement on what we already have and the reported £4m for a League 2 winger is daft money

No

Next

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that has hopes of us signing Watkins I expect will be cheering Blackpool on today, a young player with potential will be worth more at a League 1 club than a League 2. An absolute stinker of a game, missing an open goal then kung fu kicking a Blackpool fan in the crowd should keep his value down and a clear path to signing him.....if we were ever interested.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Anyone that has hopes of us signing Watkins I expect will be cheering Blackpool on today, a young player with potential will be worth more at a League 1 club than a League 2. An absolute stinker of a game, missing an open goal then kung fu kicking a Blackpool fan in the crowd should keep his value down and a clear path to signing him.....if we were ever interested.

Didn't  realise Cantona was his mentor

Just now, RamNut said:

Disgusting.

Only for my bet. And Matt Oakley Lee Holmes ex Rams. 

Your post is silly. 

Didn't watch today so can't comment on his performance, but think it would be very harsh to dismiss him based on a game at Wembley. These games are different to any other game, you play the game differently to how you normally would, especially the mental aspect. These aren't the games you should judge young players like him on, the big stage like that is where you'd be looking at your experienced men to come in, not the 21 year olds

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Young player. Biggest game of his career. Perhaps felt the pressure today. Cut him some slack. Been an outstanding talent over the course of the season and deservedly recognised with his award. 

Spot on with this post. He also had a good chance to score in the first half. Give me this player over Blackman all day long. 

Archived