A fridge too far

ramsbottom

The takeover is reportedly worth £50 million. They've ran at about a £15 million a year loss for the past 8 years or so. I think Fawaz took over the club without debt but must have accumulated debt to the tune of at least £50 million in that time. I don't know if he converted the debt into equity but if not that asking price is way too high for 80% of the club. Wolves were bought for £45 million and I think Mel bought Derby for £50 million and both clubs have much better infrastructure than Forest.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

The takeover is reportedly worth £50 million. They've ran at about a £15 million a year loss for the past 8 years or so. I think Fawaz took over the club without debt but must have accumulated debt to the tune of at least £50 million in that time. I don't know if he converted the debt into equity but if not that asking price is way too high for 80% of the club. Wolves were bought for £45 million and I think Mel bought Derby for £50 million and both clubs have much better infrastructure than Forest.

That is my reasoning as to why it is dragging out. Fawaz wants £50m and after due diligence its worth half that so its a renegotiation, and I cannot see the Americans paying too much over the odds.

1 minute ago, McRamFan said:

That is my reasoning as to why it is dragging out. Fawaz wants £50m and after due diligence its worth half that so its a renegotiation, and I cannot see the Americans paying too much over the odds.

Surely they will still be buying a club with massive debts? Unless he is going to write them off.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Surely they will still be buying a club with massive debts? Unless he is going to write them off.

That is true, hence why I think it won't be £50m.

If the debt is on Fawaz, then he could write it off, however I think the reason he is still in at 20% is that long term he wants all the money back, and if anyone can turn a club around its an American consortium, worked down the road.

It is a how they are going to address that they lose so much money, and how to stop that. One way sell your prize assets, go into admin, find a sponsor that can burn £100m and not care.

39 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

How on earth is Fridgy going to find £50 million to get them to take it off his hands?

I call shenanigans.

must admit i dont get it, there isnt a lot of value in the squad, loads of debt...dont think they even own the ground do they?

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

No mate that's why it's called the council tip .

exactly, at least we have a stadium albeit with a small mortgage on it.

3 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I think technically they do own the ground (stadium) but not the land that it's built on.

Correct, the land is notts county councils, and worth a fortune. Thankfully they are massive cricket fans and 'invest' huge sums at Trent Bridge.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Correct, the land is notts county councils, and worth a fortune. Thankfully they are massive cricket fans and 'invest' huge sums at Trent Bridge.

No. Actually and ironically, the land is owned by the City Council (even though it's in the County :huh:) and luckily the leader of Nott'm City Council is a big Watford fan.  :mellow:

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

must admit i dont get it, there isnt a lot of value in the squad, loads of debt...dont think they even own the ground do they?

My thoughts exactly.

Who in their right minds would deal with Fawaz (Mr no pay players or anyone!!) let alone pay £50m for 80% of nothing.

The Yanks must be mad.

34 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

No. Actually and ironically, the land is owned by the City Council (even though it's in the County :huh:) and luckily the leader of Nott'm City Council is a big Watford fan.  :mellow:

Really, wow that is weirdly set up, I was always lead to believe it was the county, you learn something new everyday.

49 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think Mel paid that off.

Last I heard, it had been remortgaged on more favourable terms.

Seeing as he could easily pay it off, there must be a good accounting reason for not doing so.

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So that's another day and it's not happened. Wasn't it 22nd December the yanks were ready to go? Then it was definitely going to happen this Tuesday. 

Seriously, how difficult can a £50m deal be to sort out? 

It's all in one pence coins and Fawaz is counting it...

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

is that true?? he could stir up a right hornets nest if he sees fit.

Archived