A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: US Takeover?

Originally Posted by DaveTTT 

The more you hear the more you think they have him over a barrel.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's borrowed money from the Yanks, he borrowed players from the Greeks while that saga was ongoing - maybe he borrowed money from them too.

This is certain - JMI have debenture over the club for a £2.2m loan facility. They also have a charge on NFFC group Holdings as guarantor to same loan.

From LTLF , if true then we are in for a good deal of entertainment before the dust settles.

8 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Re: US Takeover?

Originally Posted by DaveTTT 

The more you hear the more you think they have him over a barrel.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's borrowed money from the Yanks, he borrowed players from the Greeks while that saga was ongoing - maybe he borrowed money from them too.

This is certain - JMI have debenture over the club for a £2.2m loan facility. They also have a charge on NFFC group Holdings as guarantor to same loan.

From LTLF , if true then we are in for a good deal of entertainment before the dust settles.

Please stop making me laugh - almost had an accident then!

56 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

INT - NOTTS FOREST BOARDROOM - DAY

AL FAWAZ is nervous.  He anxiously polishes the large mahogany table that dominates the room, it's very dusty and obviously hasn't been used in a long time.

There is a knock at the door.

AL FAWAZ
Enter please.

The door opens and in comes EMAD, JOHN J MOORES and assorted lawyer types, one is carrying a long wooden box, approximately a meter long

EMAD
Hello boss.  I've brought the money, er I mean the gentlemen from the airport.  Did I do good boss?

AL FAWAZ
Very good Emad.  You will receive 10 extra virgins once you reach the afterlife for your continued royalty.

EMAD
Thanks boss.  Can I take one of the paintings before I go?

Everybody in the room survey the walls, they're full of oil paintings of AL FAWAZ.  One of him lifting the European Cup, another where he's walking over the River Trent without the bridge etc.

AL FAWAZ
Later Emad, later my friend.

EMAD bows to his master and backs out the room, closing the door behind him.

AL FAWAZ crosses the room and graciously shakes JOHN J MOORE'S hand.  Rather enthusiastically.

AL FAWAZ
Greetings Mr Moore.  I hope you and your money, er sorry.  You & your friends enjoyed the flight over.

MOORES
Let's just cut the **** shall we Fawaz.
Don't think I know what's going on around here.
This club is a piece of ****, it looks like a piece of ****, it smells like a piece of ****, and it's bout as profitable as a piece of ****.
I'm NOT goin to give you fifty million pounds for this dump.

AL FAWAZ
Mr Moores.  You misunderstand.  This club isn't like that at all, this club has prestige.  
My price is very reasonable.  When the team I have assembled has won the elusive third start you will earn more money than you can possibly imagine.

MOORES
Bullshit Fawaz!!!  I don't know a lot about soccer, but the people I've spoken to do.  
They've told this team you've put together is a shower of crap that'll be lucky to avoid relegation.  Whatever that means.

AL FAWAZ
I'm sorry to disagree Mr Money, er ah Moores, Mr Moores.  But your people aren't a knowledgeable as my team of dedicated football experts.

MOORES
And who are they?

AL FAWAZ
Well there's Emad..

EMAD bursts through the door.

EMAD
You want me boss?

AL FAWAZ
Not now Emad!  Go drink some milk!

EMAD leaves bowing as he does so.

AL FAWAZ
(cont.)
There's my main man Kenny Burns.  He know so much about good defenders.  Will always speak the truth.

MOORES
Who else?

AL FAWAZ
Er, Ethel

MOORES
Who in the blue hell is Ethel

AL FAWAZ
She's the tea lady.  She know so many quality players.  Amazing knowledge.

MOORES
I'm sorry Fawaz.  You're talking crap.  The price is £20m and you know that's more than a fair price.
Considering you way you've run this place further into the toilet you should be grateful you're even getting that.

AL FAWAZ
But Mr Moores please.

MOORES
Please nothin'!  Now you either take that price or me & my friends are walking right outta that door, and you'll never see us again.
What's it gonna be sport?

AL FAWAZ
Ok, ok.  Deal.

The two of them shake hands.

MOORES
Now.  Bend over that table and assume the position!

AL FAWAZ
I'm sorry?

MOORES
Bend over that table and drop your britches.

AL FAWAZ
I don't understand Mr Moores

MOORES
Well in that box over there is a large piece of 2x4.  And you're about to get shafted by it.  Or you can kiss your money goodbye?
Now bend over and let's get this party started!

AL FAWAZ bends over the desk.

CUT TO

EXT - NOTTS CITY SQUARE - DAY

A thunderous, terifying shreik echos around the building, sending pigeons scattering in all directions

FADE OUT

This has all the hallmarks of a classic story.

Getting names wrong, cultural stereotyping, and rape.

All the hallmarks.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So, the transfer window is now two weeks old, half way through, and Nottingham forest enter the fray. Like the Undertaker entering the royal rumble at number 30 and destroying the entire wrestling roster... or not. 

I think a few fans have entered a ring once or twice too.

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So, the transfer window is now two weeks old, half way through, and Nottingham forest enter the fray. Like the Undertaker entering the royal rumble at number 30 and destroying the entire wrestling roster... or not. 

Undertaker is in it this year...... along with Brock Lesnar and Goldberg :D

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I'd watch that. Might PPV I think and see if I can get my 18 month old son into it. He's up til 3am anyway, so that could work. 

Took my boys to WWE live event in Nottingham, they love it. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Took my boys to WWE live event in Nottingham, they love it. 

I'm fairly convinced he'd make a good wrestler, or a rugby player, he's like a mini hulk, I honestly think I'm raising some sort of government experiment. I'd prefer him to be a footballer, of course, but he'd have to model himself on Akinfamwe (is that his name) or Darren Moore. 

Anyway, back on topic, forest are a joke. My 18 month old son could probably beat them all up. 

Archived