Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That's how I interpreted it too..if we get only 10 million in today's market Then people within the club would need their heads banging together.

The market is good if you have 

-proven prem experience

-potential to improve

-international experience or on the cusp there of.

When you have a good mix of these then that's when you get into your silly money e.g. Pickford. What does Ince have to really bump him up to say £15mill? Also factor in that we are a selling club this window and clubs won't be needing to entice us by paying over the odds.

Todays market would value Ince around £10 mill for a top championship player with a bit to prove at the top level in my opinion

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Tom has improved year on year for goals and assists since he's been here. Who can we get that will replace him for less than £10mil?

goals and assists

12 and 2       14/15

12 and 5       15/16

15 and 8       16/17

You only need to look at the likes of Wilschutt to see what £7m gets you in this market. An overpriced one season wonder who hasn't done much at all since moving.

Anyway my money's on Downing or Pennant as replacement. :ph34r:

The problem is we are a selling club as the above poster said, as a key first team player we intended to keep he'd attract bids and we'd be able to negotiate upward, but if we're courting interest then we will get lower offers with no real incentive to raise.  Choice between flogging now to the first person to offer £10m and selecting a replacement or losing him on deadline day for a few million more and having no time to get a decent replacement, at least without overpaying. 

10 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I would be sad to see him go but not surprised. 

Agreed. Another player like Will  that's too good for the Championship. Since Derby manage to blow promotion every year, you can't blame him for wanting to try his luck with the big boys. 

4 minutes ago, admira said:

Agreed. Another player like Will  that's too good for the Championship. Since Derby manage to blow promotion every year, you can't blame him for wanting to try his luck with the big boys. 

Agree with this. As long as the fee reflects his ability/goals/assists. Based on how much the likes of Burke/Wildscutt/Ritchie/McCormack/Kodjia went for I`d say no less than £12 Million

I know GR hinted at Ince being sold but surely we need him more than most in our squad.  also the  fact that he can score very important goals Ipswich and QPR away 1-0 spring to mind makes him essential.

I know every player has a price but Ince is under contract and to me it would take 15m or more to even consider it.

I would go further to say that when our team sheet is read out at games most opposing fans hate the fact Ince is playing  because he can win a game for us!!

Its hard getting rid of the dross which is bloating our squad but if no one wants them release them / pay them up etc if they can't be sold or let them go on a free as we'd save money in wages alone as  I really don't want to see Ince sold.... :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

Don't forget he did not make it in the prem when Blackpool went up 

Maybe do some research for the facts on this one. Ince joined August 2011 and Blackpool relegated from the Premier League (2010-2011 season) 

In January 2014 he was at Crystal Palace on loan to end of the season and he scored on his debut. So yes he actually made it in Premier League. 

Ince is our most talented player. Simple as that.

Selling Hughes is understandable, every club has a playmaker.

At this level, it's incredibly difficult to find a player who can score and create as many goals from the wing as him.

Sure he might be frustrating at times but we would be a significantly poorer team without him. 

Lose him and my optimism for promotion will be all but dead.

Don't really care what Ince has done for Blackpool, Liverpool, Hull, The dog and Duck or who ever he played for before he came to Derby.

The only thing that matters is what he's done in his time at pride park.

Be a big loss as we'd lose the only player that can make that one thing happen that wins a game out of nothing.

Either creating or scoring.

Keep saying it......match winner.

Any good team needs a mix of functional players and then their match winners ones who can turn a match on its head in an instance. Hughes was one of ours Ince as well. 

You need to keep these sorts of players else you end up like Ipswich. Boring and ineffective.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

In January 2014 he was at Crystal Palace on loan to end of the season and he scored on his debut. So yes he actually made it in Premier League. 

One goal on your debut is not "making it in the premier league" I'm afraid. 

26 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Don't really care what Ince has done for Blackpool, Liverpool, Hull, The dog and Duck or who ever he played for before he came to Derby.

The only thing that matters is what he's done in his time at pride park.

Be a big loss as we'd lose the only player that can make that one thing happen that wins a game out of nothing.

Either creating or scoring.

Keep saying it......match winner.

To coin a phrase from Monty Python...for me you are stating the bleedin obvious AmberRamber.....

Archived