Stan Collymore vs Derby fans on Twitter

Cam the Ram

33 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You couldn't give an iota what people say on the interweb, so why be really embarrassed for certain people to be associated with Derby?

Because I support Derby. 

If I supported ManU or Liverpool and heard my lot signing about Heysel or Munich, then I wouldn't advocate the sentiment or put any stock into their opinion and I would find it embarrassing. 

I found it embarrassing that Derby fans sang about Doughty etc etc. It doesn't  matter who started what either. I have forest friends who are embarrassed that their lot sang about Philpott. We're not prudes; there's just better things to sing about. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, therams69 said:

My two pence.....

Many are offended and annoyed at the distasteful slur ... You see the thing is with Derby County and particularly our city, it just isn't about football. It's about our community. We all come together for good causes whether that be Lewis Mighty as an example and plug together so all in all when someone makes a vile dig at our community, which he clearly was, we get offended.

If you were to just base it on football then fair enough but I am sure we are all proud to be from Derby (well I am!) and anyone offending folk of Derby or our city does get my back up for sure. He knew what he was doing end of. He is clever enough not to mention directly the issue. But why he would quote tweet and reply to someone who didn't even offend him is beyond belief especially as no one previously had even mentioned anything about Philpott.

Very sad really as once came across him on a football show that we did filming for. Spent a good afternoon with him and he came across a proper down to earth bloke and we had some good banter amongst the Derby fans and him. Always found him a great pundit on his talksport days and very much spoke from a fan point of view. Also a big backer of safe standing and was one of the first to get a debate broadcasted on the radio. Unfortunately for me, all that is now forgotten. I accept we all make mistakes but he aint backing down from it and that to me is a sign of being a t**t.

Fair to say he wont be showing his face in or around Derby.

Good post. He's got a history of mental illness too which may explain some of his more unusual behaviour, including the stuff yesterday on twitter.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good post. He's got a history of mental illness too which may explain some of his more unusual behaviour, including the stuff yesterday on twitter.

Possibly so mate as he was on one last night even with people who were trying to help / advise him.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Mental Illness...absolutely no excuse for what he has posted! If he's having an episode then he shouldn't go on Twitter, simple.

Lost all respect I had for the man! Complete bellend! I hope he gets the book thrown at him and sacked from his job....again!

Too right. Fook knows what it is with having sympathy for such a horrible individual?! That should be saved for the victims he abuses.

41 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Possibly so mate as he was on one last night even with people who were trying to help / advise him.

To be fair if he wants to seek help and advice, I doubt a place where he is probably abused on a daily basis would be his first port of call.

He can hide behind mental illness if he so chooses but he has a nasty streak. That will always be there whether he's 'having an episode' or not.

I have had a few ranting meltdowns in the past, not on social media but in jobs and things when its got too much and I've never once thought of bringing up topics as sick as dead children in order to make my point. Mental illness won't usually do that but having these nasty, vindictive thoughts as part and parcel of your make up will.

It just takes a few buttons to be pressed for the real person underneath to emerge.

I do hope he can get some help though if he needs it. I wouldn't begrudge anyone suffering from any mental health issues the opportunity of recovery.

It's all stupid. Singing about an incident in 2002. Why? How is it relevant when we're playing Rotherham at home? 2002!! 

at least I didn't kill my family

How about we meet up for a fight

You black ■■■, you're a disgrace to society

You're racist like all Derby fans

Remember when you beat Ulrika up

Oh 6st teenagers threatening me! 

Disgusting Stan, hope you die

-----

Jesus Christ, look at yourselves. Is there any sign of intelligence between the lot of them? I'm offended, you're offended, we're all offended blah blah blah

Nobody is offended. Grow up and put more of that energy into something that really matters. They all want their own little stage with an audience. All desperate for attention. It's tragic. It's insecure. 

The Internet has been great for showing you just how much pond life there is out there. Emails, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, twitter etc etc. You aren't a knob if you use them properly. But you're a knob if you use them to live a pretend life. 

Everyone gets to be exactly what they want to be on the Internet. It just goes to show how many people only give a **** about themselves. 

And the complaining... wow, the number of people offended by things they read and watch. "I thought that was a disgusting post/article/TV show/joke.." Shut up! You weren't offended by it. You didn't like it. Deal with it. What you really want is attention, your 5 minutes of spotlight. 

With a computer screen in front of you it makes everyone their own celebrity. The king of the world. Insults here, complaints there etc etc. The world will feel my presence!!

Just vile people that walk amongst us who when we sit behind a computer screen don't really change at all. Perhaps just lose the shyness or nervousness that can come in reality when conversation is shorter and first impressions are more vital. 

Don't suddenly just turn into 18st heavyweight racist ninjas who hate gay people and are offended by an episode of EastEnders. This includes Stan Collymore who just gave us an insight into what goes on in his head

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's all stupid. Singing about an incident in 2002. Why? How is it relevant when we're playing Rotherham at home? 2002!! 

at least I didn't kill my family

How about we meet up for a fight

You black ■■■, you're a disgrace to society

You're racist like all Derby fans

Remember when you beat Ulrika up

Oh 6st teenagers threatening me! 

Disgusting Stan, hope you die

-----

Jesus Christ, look at yourselves. Is there any sign of intelligence between the lot of them? I'm offended, you're offended, we're all offended blah blah blah

Nobody is offended. Grow up and put more of that energy into something that really matters. They all want their own little stage with an audience. All desperate for attention. It's tragic. It's insecure. 

The Internet has been great for showing you just how much pond life there is out there. Emails, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, twitter etc etc. You aren't a knob if you use them properly. But you're a knob if you use them to live a pretend life. 

Everyone gets to be exactly what they want to be on the Internet. It just goes to show how many people only give a **** about themselves. 

And the complaining... wow, the number of people offended by things they read and watch. "I thought that was a disgusting post/article/TV show/joke.." Shut up! You weren't offended by it. You didn't like it. Deal with it. What you really want is attention, your 5 minutes of spotlight. 

With a computer screen in front of you it makes everyone their own celebrity. The king of the world. Insults here, complaints there etc etc. The world will feel my presence!!

Just vile people that walk amongst us who when we sit behind a computer screen don't really change at all. Perhaps just lose the shyness or nervousness that can come in reality when conversation is shorter and first impressions are more vital. 

Don't suddenly just turn into 18st heavyweight racist ninjas who hate gay people and are offended by an episode of EastEnders. This includes Stan Collymore who just gave us an insight into what goes on in his head

Really sad...

...I didn't realise people used computers for things other than . 

Why can't some of this anger be put into an energy and used against Derby City Council who week by week take away another little piece of our proud city ? 

Seems everybody Knows how to vent against a bell end like collymore but you can hear a pin drop when we are having our swimming pools closed, our libraries closed,   Our schools shut due to council demands the local parks turned to hell holes, 

let's hear some of these voices speaking out and speaking up for the rest of our society and let Stanley drift away.

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

Surprised we haven't made up a song about his "dogging" antics, that's more recent than the leg break :ph34r:

Staaan collymore likes dogging down at Cannock chase

he likes dogging in the car park with a fat bird on his face

we goaded him on sausageter of course he took the bait

but we shunt be too hard on him 'cos of his mental state

26 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Staaan collymore likes dogging down at Cannock chase

he likes dogging in the car park with a fat bird on his face

we goaded him on sausageter of course he took the bait

but we shunt be too hard on him 'cos of his mental state

How much is that red dog in the window

the one with the waggly tail

how much is that red dog in the window

i do hope that red dog's on bail....

7 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Why can't some of this anger be put into an energy and used against Derby City Council who week by week take away another little piece of our proud city ? 

Seems everybody Knows how to vent against a bell end like collymore but you can hear a pin drop when we are having our swimming pools closed, our libraries closed,   Our schools shut due to council demands the local parks turned to hell holes, 

let's hear some of these voices speaking out and speaking up for the rest of our society and let Stanley drift away.

Did anybody from the council break their leg in 2002?

Didn't think so.

Therefore not relevant and not interested.

Archived