Stan Collymore vs Derby fans on Twitter

Cam the Ram

He's is a vile person. He may have been a decent footballer but he's a terrible pundit, biased and uneducated as you can see from these tweets. I hope he carries on because he's just making s fool out of himself 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despicable comment, but why all the mock outrage?

It's like sitting there poking a snake with a stick all day then moaning when it bites you.

All the people following him on social media are doing it to bait him or waiting for his next inevitable meltdown. Do you really think you are helping his situation?

The guy is a grade A bellend and why anyone would really want to waste their lives following him on social media is beyond me.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Despicable comment, but why all the mock outrage?

It's like sitting there poking a snake with a stick all day then moaning when it bites you.

All the people following him on social media are doing it to bait him or waiting for his next inevitable meltdown. Do you really think you are helping his situation?

The guy is a grade A bellend and why anyone would really want to waste their lives following him on social media is beyond me.

Don't follow him, but it seems many do. Thing is with stuff like this, does it make it worse, look at Trump for gods sake. But if you don't keep an eye on such lowlife as Collymore who knows what he'll say and without any comebacks. So not mock outrage.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't follow him, but it seems many do. Thing is with stuff like this, does it make it worse, look at Trump for gods sake. But if you don't keep an eye on such lowlife as Collymore who knows what he'll say and without any comebacks. So not mock outrage.

I would say the situations are slightly different.

One is the American President, one an ex footballer famous for beating up his girlfriend.

Ignore Trump and he would still be a very prominent figure, be it in politics or business.

Ignore Collymore and he would just be a nobody.

Collymore can say what he likes. I wouldn't give a wisp of fart for his opinion.

Don't see why anyone does. Can't stand the song about him. Just don't get what he's got to do with us that means he even registers with us.

Funny went to the Nottingham Post and all there comments are sticking up for him etc... Funny how they didn't mention his original tweet. I just hope they haven't seen the tweet.. As even us Derby fans we're pissed off about the chant along time ago and never sung it once since.

Puts Forest fans into context really.

27 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Funny went to the Nottingham Post and all there comments are sticking up for him etc... Funny how they didn't mention his original tweet. I just hope they haven't seen the tweet.. As even us Derby fans we're pissed off about the chant along time ago and never sung it once since.

Disagree entirely with that comment, you've just done same as Collymore making a sweeping statement generalising all Forest fans as he did with Derby. 

35 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

As much as it pains me to defend them the comments on LTLF are fair do's as far as their fans go. From post 1295 on wards discussing Collymore.          http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44511&page=52

Even people who were (attempting to) play nicely, still accused them of dishing out mental health slurs.

Just get off twitter mate. If the people there aren't to your liking, then stick to your radio show where you can control who you speak to.

Every fan base has its share of a*seholes. Sadly, they're usually on twitter.

37 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Collymore was goaded and unfortunately bit in a way which is going to haunt him.

We know what he was implying , but if it was, say ( playing devils advocate, here) Chris Hughton who had said it, would there be all of this 'outrage'? 

I think so.

People can hide behind the wording but the only way it can be considered "hitting back" at Derby fans is if there's an implied accusation that Derby fans are akin to child murderers. 

51 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Collymore was goaded and unfortunately bit in a way which is going to haunt him.

We know what he was implying , but if it was, say ( playing devils advocate, here) Chris Hughton who had said it, would there be all of this 'outrage'? 

I see your point, but the likelihood is that Hughton wouldn't say something so stupid. He also doesn't hit women so people wouldn't be goading him with chants about it. That's part of the problem with Collymore's response. If some idiot was giving him racist abuse people would be more understanding about him snapping and responding in kind, but he's being goaded about something really low that he actually did and he can't handle it.

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

So funny how he says people have put words in his mouth. Listen to the last 90seconds or so of this video when he does the exact same thing. 

Please dont lynch me for posting a video with joey Barton and Collymore. 

While Wales did better than England and I think that's what a lot of people will get hung up on, Barton's points are very valid. Collymore wanted to just turn it into lynching Barton for patronising Wales rather than acknowledging the real point of the dilution of the tournament quality - which I think everyone agrees on. And on top of that... 

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

As much as it pains me to defend them the comments on LTLF are fair do's as far as their fans go. From post 1295 on wards discussing Collymore.          http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44511&page=52

Just clicked on your link and I see the red dogs are still in denial and deluding themselves about us lol

We're just a better team, a better club, with better support.

Live with it... I know it must be painful ?

Collymore is clearly a strange and troubled young man. I have no time for him but I doubt that would really bother him.

Twitter is clearly a place for the absolute dregs of society. Although I'm led to believe there is some intelligent debate and fun stuff goes on in between all of the garbage....trolling is "usually" the lowest of the low for me. Why taunt someone and then get offended either for yourself or on behalf of the mass collective.

Is anyone really suggesting they are offended cos Collymore has tweeted a cheap and not clever enough to be cryptic line.

I mean come on, why would any sensible person think there is any link at all between the general fan base of a club and a murderer. Why would anyone then get upset because some moron had written such a thing in the first place.

Just shows how there are huge "double" standards though, I'm very sure I heard "banter" chants from a large section of Derby fans directed to Leeds fans about Jimmy Saville. Not to mention some other chants about clubs closer to home.

Collymore takes a huge amount of "abuse" on twitter, maybe you could argue he brings it on himself but I don't think people should be surprised or outraged when he snaps and throws out a nasty retort or two.

I think the Sun and the Mail (amongst others) are two of the most garbage newspapers printed today, so you know what, I don't buy it, don't read it and don't get angry at their sensationalist headlines trotted out to provoke a reaction or to get people angry/offended/scared.

If you think someone is an idiot, don't spend time reading what they write. Don't give their views the attention they're clearly desperate for.

Derby fans getting offended cos Stan Collymore has stupidly linked them to Philpott? What for, the guy holds no sway anywhere.

If none of you had reacted the comment would have been given exactly the amount of time and exposure it deserved.

TobyWanKenobi

Why is anyone giving that woman beating, terrible acting, dogging, Falklands Veteran insulting, egotistical ******** the time of day?

Provided linked references to the statements to satisfy Mr Collymores legal team.

The bloke is basically a professional attention seeker at this point in his life. This will be my only post mentioning he, so as not to massage his ego further.

51 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Collymore is clearly a strange and troubled young man. I have no time for him but I doubt that would really bother him.

Twitter is clearly a place for the absolute dregs of society. Although I'm led to believe there is some intelligent debate and fun stuff goes on in between all of the garbage....trolling is "usually" the lowest of the low for me. Why taunt someone and then get offended either for yourself or on behalf of the mass collective.

Is anyone really suggesting they are offended cos Collymore has tweeted a cheap and not clever enough to be cryptic line.

I mean come on, why would any sensible person think there is any link at all between the general fan base of a club and a murderer. Why would anyone then get upset because some moron had written such a thing in the first place.

Just shows how there are huge "double" standards though, I'm very sure I heard "banter" chants from a large section of Derby fans directed to Leeds fans about Jimmy Saville. Not to mention some other chants about clubs closer to home.

Collymore takes a huge amount of "abuse" on twitter, maybe you could argue he brings it on himself but I don't think people should be surprised or outraged when he snaps and throws out a nasty retort or two.

I think the Sun and the Mail (amongst others) are two of the most garbage newspapers printed today, so you know what, I don't buy it, don't read it and don't get angry at their sensationalist headlines trotted out to provoke a reaction or to get people angry/offended/scared.

If you think someone is an idiot, don't spend time reading what they write. Don't give their views the attention they're clearly desperate for.

Derby fans getting offended cos Stan Collymore has stupidly linked them to Philpott? What for, the guy holds no sway anywhere.

If none of you had reacted the comment would have been given exactly the amount of time and exposure it deserved.

Perfectly put Ronnie.

Archived