Stan Collymore vs Derby fans on Twitter

Cam the Ram

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really is biting hard. You'd think somebody of his age, who has been in the public domain for so long would know how to conduct himself. Comments like "classic thick Derby fans" are stupid as if we're the one club in the country who has some silly fans who say silly things. Forest will have just as many, Leicester will have just as many. Any club will have a section of idiotic fans who will say things to get a reaction, or with no real thought behind what they're saying. However what he's doing tonight is suggesting that we're unique in this respect. Really he's proving that those who follow Forest/Leicester/whoever can be just as petty and make comments just as stupid - because he's being petty and stupid himself.

He's a vile, detestable human being. It's just his nature. I don't think he can help it. 

Even if you ignore the comment being based on Phillpott, which it definitely is by the way, he's trying to condone woman beating as its not as bad as murdering a family. In the very best light, he still doesn't show remorse for beating a woman up.

Now, people have their own moral compass and hang ups. I, personally, wouldn't care if every woman beating coward was hung upside down by their feet and dunked into the ocean. I know others may not see it that seriously, but the thought of someone hitting a woman leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. One of the reasons I gleefully join in the chant.

I would like to see Derby take a stand on this and ban him indefinitely from the club. 

If he does go for any of our local media with a lawsuit, I'd be quite happy to chip in/crowdfund with others to help pay. 

Knew exactly what he was doing.

Vile creature....

42 minutes ago, mickram said:

The only part you could question is the masturbating  line as we don't know for sure that he is or does . The rest is factual.

There's anecdotal evidence of him doing just that when he was caught dogging on Cannock Chase actually.......it really is one of the most factual songs one could possibly chant.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

If he does go for any of our local media with a lawsuit, I'd be quite happy to chip in/crowdfund with others to help pay. 

Knew exactly what he was doing.

Vile creature....

It's sheer arrogance. Firstly to make the comment then to immediately threaten with his lawyer straight after, such arrogant behaviour. He even has his lawyer in his bio just as a sort of protection to himself for what he says. If you have to put your lawyer in your bio as a journalist/radio personality then that should show that you're a massive *****.

He's suggestively tweeted about murder as a dig to Derby fans, made collective comments about Derby fans based on the replies he's got and then denied actually saying anything of real offence. There is absolutely no likeable qualities this man possesses. A truly horrible person, wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on fire.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's sheer arrogance. Firstly to make the comment then to immediately threaten with his lawyer straight after, such arrogant behaviour. He even has his lawyer in his bio just as a sort of protection to himself for what he says. If you have to put your lawyer in your bio as a journalist/radio personality then that should show that you're a massive *****.

He's suggestively tweeted about murder as a dig to Derby fans, made collective comments about Derby fans based on the replies he's got and then denied actually saying anything of real offence. There is absolutely no likeable qualities this man possesses. A truly horrible person, wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on fire.

I tweeted his lawyer saying he'll be earning double bubble. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Its the generalising of fans that gets me. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

I tweeted his lawyer saying he'll be earning double bubble. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Its the generalising of fans that gets me. 

Yep. I've browsed his tweets a few times this evening and each time there's been new, idiotic comments. I'm not going to give him the time of day by replying anything though. He'll just block me or use anything as another generalisation.

Comments like "classic thick Derby fan" or comments about inbreeding. He's literally no better than the silly Derby fans making rude comments towards him, yet still he takes the moral high ground. He's like a school bully who will say something then run off to the teacher, or in his case his lawyer, if anybody says anything offensive in return.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hope so.

If 2016 has taught us anything, it's that if you are rich enough and just clap you hands over your ears, you can say pretty much whatever you like and enough people will still blindly nod along until the vitriol is directed at themselves. At which point they'll wonder why they never saw it, until it came their way. 

Stopped following Stan on Twitter a couple of years ago as I didn't like his habit of getting into petty, unprofessional spats with fans clearly out to bait him. Got to wonder why somebody with mental health issues tortures themselves with social media, it's an extremely unhealthy environment in most respects.  

Random quotes from tinternet......

In May 2014, Collymore was criticised by a Royal Navy veteran after he wrote on Twitter: "Falklands? Wasn't anyone's. We just thieved it, as we do. What glory, what triumph. A f***ing island with sheep. Rule Britannia". Despite numerous demands, Collymore refused to apologise for the comment telling Falklands Radio that the comment was "unambiguous enough for [them] to use common sense".[36]

The subsequent furore resulted in numerous complaints from the veteran community with some staging a protest outside of the broadcasters offices.

Collymore had a relationship with Ulrika Jonsson which ended after he punched her in a Parisian bar in 1998.[

In 2004, Collymore was accused of taking part in dogging at Cannock Chase by an undercover News of the World reporter.[42] He lost his job at BBC Radio 5 Live over the incident.

Derby fans'  "Collymore's a wanka" song, is fully justified and factually correct says a long serving well respected sheepshagger forum mod......:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Random quotes from tinternet......

In May 2014, Collymore was criticised by a Royal Navy veteran after he wrote on Twitter: "Falklands? Wasn't anyone's. We just thieved it, as we do. What glory, what triumph. A f***ing island with sheep. Rule Britannia". Despite numerous demands, Collymore refused to apologise for the comment telling Falklands Radio that the comment was "unambiguous enough for [them] to use common sense".[36]

The subsequent furore resulted in numerous complaints from the veteran community with some staging a protest outside of the broadcasters offices.

Collymore had a relationship with Ulrika Jonsson which ended after he punched her in a Parisian bar in 1998.[

In 2004, Collymore was accused of taking part in dogging at Cannock Chase by an undercover News of the World reporter.[42] He lost his job at BBC Radio 5 Live over the incident.

Derby fans'  "Collymore's a wanka" song, is fully justified and factually correct says a long serving well respected sheepshagger forum mod......:ph34r:

The violence is bad but he's bang on about the Falklands and if he wants to go dogging, so what? 

Sad that he feels the need so strongly to air all these views and opinions. I felt so strongly about my views and beliefs once upon a time until I realised that nobody actually gives a sh#t and if by chance they do then they'll abuse you for it at the drop of a hat.

Feel so strongly about something Stan?

Well come away from your social media and actively do something about it otherwise silence yourself and stop bothering others with your opinions.

That's all I'd say. Do something constructive about the things you feel so passionate about instead of trying to change the world and it's inhabitants to your way of thinking.

13 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The violence is bad but he's bang on about the Falklands and if he wants to go dogging, so what? 

If it "wasn't anyone's" how exactly is he bang on with the assertion that "We just theived it"?

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He's a vile, detestable human being. It's just his nature. I don't think he can help it. 

Even if you ignore the comment being based on Phillpott, which it definitely is by the way, he's trying to condone woman beating as its not as bad as murdering a family. In the very best light, he still doesn't show remorse for beating a woman up.

Now, people have their own moral compass and hang ups. I, personally, wouldn't care if every woman beating coward was hung upside down by their feet and dunked into the ocean. I know others may not see it that seriously, but the thought of someone hitting a woman leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. One of the reasons I gleefully join in the chant.

I would like to see Derby take a stand on this and ban him indefinitely from the club. 

If ONLY I could give you more than ONE like.

I TOO detest Collymore and ALL women beaters they are cowardly SCUM BAGS

It is out of order what he posted, its sick really, but what do you expect when you wind up a man of clearly so little intellect. He is best left alone, he probably thrives off all the attention.

He brings up something that happened 5 years ago as a defence (the doughty chant, which was sick too and anyone who chanted it should be ashamed), although one numbskull has tried to make some joke about it in the tweets which is just as bad.

This will get him press coverage regardless, the best way to deal with him is for all derby fans to stop chanting about him, unfollow him on whatever social media they do and forget all about him. That would upset him far more than any chants or jibes.

Archived