Stan Collymore vs Derby fans on Twitter

Cam the Ram

Just on the Falklands thing, there's ways to disagree about both the Argentina/brintain aspect and the conduct of the war without being insulting to the poor people who had to fight it.

And even if you think Argentina has a case, in the circumstances of the Falklands war, a response to an occupation by force had to be made.

If anyone is interested, have a look for something called "the Falklands play" (I think it was called that)online.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Collymore is clearly a strange and troubled young man. I have no time for him but I doubt that would really bother him.

Twitter is clearly a place for the absolute dregs of society. Although I'm led to believe there is some intelligent debate and fun stuff goes on in between all of the garbage....trolling is "usually" the lowest of the low for me. Why taunt someone and then get offended either for yourself or on behalf of the mass collective.

Is anyone really suggesting they are offended cos Collymore has tweeted a cheap and not clever enough to be cryptic line.

I mean come on, why would any sensible person think there is any link at all between the general fan base of a club and a murderer. Why would anyone then get upset because some moron had written such a thing in the first place.

Just shows how there are huge "double" standards though, I'm very sure I heard "banter" chants from a large section of Derby fans directed to Leeds fans about Jimmy Saville. Not to mention some other chants about clubs closer to home.

Collymore takes a huge amount of "abuse" on twitter, maybe you could argue he brings it on himself but I don't think people should be surprised or outraged when he snaps and throws out a nasty retort or two.

I think the Sun and the Mail (amongst others) are two of the most garbage newspapers printed today, so you know what, I don't buy it, don't read it and don't get angry at their sensationalist headlines trotted out to provoke a reaction or to get people angry/offended/scared.

If you think someone is an idiot, don't spend time reading what they write. Don't give their views the attention they're clearly desperate for.

Derby fans getting offended cos Stan Collymore has stupidly linked them to Philpott? What for, the guy holds no sway anywhere.

If none of you had reacted the comment would have been given exactly the amount of time and exposure it deserved.

You are right, there is no difference between posting something like that and chants like those or the doughty one....just because the medium used is different.  I do think sometimes some people (lets call them fans) who chant crap like that thnk being part of a crowd absolves them of any guilt.

Moronic for putting something so clearly offensive on a public forum...

It's one thing to make a remark like that in the heat of the moment, face to face, but to take the time to write a tweet is just plain stupid. He must know the backlash a remark like that is going to receive, why go to the effort for a cheap, petty insult?

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Collymore is clearly a strange and troubled young man. I have no time for him but I doubt that would really bother him.

Twitter is clearly a place for the absolute dregs of society. Although I'm led to believe there is some intelligent debate and fun stuff goes on in between all of the garbage....trolling is "usually" the lowest of the low for me. Why taunt someone and then get offended either for yourself or on behalf of the mass collective.

Is anyone really suggesting they are offended cos Collymore has tweeted a cheap and not clever enough to be cryptic line.

I mean come on, why would any sensible person think there is any link at all between the general fan base of a club and a murderer. Why would anyone then get upset because some moron had written such a thing in the first place.

Just shows how there are huge "double" standards though, I'm very sure I heard "banter" chants from a large section of Derby fans directed to Leeds fans about Jimmy Saville. Not to mention some other chants about clubs closer to home.

Collymore takes a huge amount of "abuse" on twitter, maybe you could argue he brings it on himself but I don't think people should be surprised or outraged when he snaps and throws out a nasty retort or two.

I think the Sun and the Mail (amongst others) are two of the most garbage newspapers printed today, so you know what, I don't buy it, don't read it and don't get angry at their sensationalist headlines trotted out to provoke a reaction or to get people angry/offended/scared.

If you think someone is an idiot, don't spend time reading what they write. Don't give their views the attention they're clearly desperate for.

Derby fans getting offended cos Stan Collymore has stupidly linked them to Philpott? What for, the guy holds no sway anywhere.

If none of you had reacted the comment would have been given exactly the amount of time and exposure it deserved.

Agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but don't think anyone is exactly offended? Some reactions were a little ott, but it's not like this thread is awash with pages of anger and vitoral. I would say only people I would say are offended are the dozen or so people using it as an excuse to tweet horrible stuff towards him.

My two pence.....

Many are offended and annoyed at the distasteful slur ... You see the thing is with Derby County and particularly our city, it just isn't about football. It's about our community. We all come together for good causes whether that be Lewis Mighty as an example and plug together so all in all when someone makes a vile dig at our community, which he clearly was, we get offended.

If you were to just base it on football then fair enough but I am sure we are all proud to be from Derby (well I am!) and anyone offending folk of Derby or our city does get my back up for sure. He knew what he was doing end of. He is clever enough not to mention directly the issue. But why he would quote tweet and reply to someone who didn't even offend him is beyond belief especially as no one previously had even mentioned anything about Philpott.

Very sad really as once came across him on a football show that we did filming for. Spent a good afternoon with him and he came across a proper down to earth bloke and we had some good banter amongst the Derby fans and him. Always found him a great pundit on his talksport days and very much spoke from a fan point of view. Also a big backer of safe standing and was one of the first to get a debate broadcasted on the radio. Unfortunately for me, all that is now forgotten. I accept we all make mistakes but he aint backing down from it and that to me is a sign of being a t**t.

Fair to say he wont be showing his face in or around Derby.

14 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

It's ok/normal to be offended.

Nothing horrible happens when you're offended.

-Offense, pleasure, anger, love, awe.....

Just emotions. We all have them. They'll wear off soon enough.

Go and hug your kids/Wife and forget about Silly Stanley.

I'll go and hug a Belgian beer.

These people are everywhere but some of the so called Derby fans on twitter are absolute mouth breathers. Really embarrassing to have them associated with Derby in any way. 

The majority of the comments seem to be vitriolic nonsense from 15-21 year old plonkers who wouldn't have the bravery or intelligence to air their 'opinions' outside the confines of the their bedrooms.

I couldnt give an iota what Collymore or any other twit on the interweb says. 

23 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Best way to get at him is for every single person who "follows" him on twitter to unfollow and totally ignore him. Attention seekers crave attention ignorance will drive him more batty than he already is

In my day, 'following' someone meant stalking them!

23 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

These people are everywhere but some of the so called Derby fans on twitter are absolute mouth breathers. Really embarrassing to have them associated with Derby in any way. 

The majority of the comments seem to be vitriolic nonsense from 15-21 year old plonkers who wouldn't have the bravery or intelligence to air their 'opinions' outside the confines of the their bedrooms.

I couldnt give an iota what Collymore or any other twit on the interweb says. 

You couldn't give an iota what people say on the interweb, so why be really embarrassed for certain people to be associated with Derby?

Archived