Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

7 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Got to agree with you there I wish we had someone in our team who could deliver set pieces like Hernandez 

I have no idea how Leeds signed him. Infact I would have been surprised by any one in this league signing him. He is a class above! Ex Valencia player and Spanish international! 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toddy said:

We escaped lightly last night, on anther day we would have been 3-0 down by HT and a player sent off [Bryson].

Flattered Leeds, you couldn't be far from the truth if you tried, we didn't turn up except for the first 5 minutes of the 1st half and 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

Don't kid yourself.

We did flatter Leeds. The scoreline didn't but our performance did. If anyone thinks that Leeds are a great team, then they must have very low expectations and standards. Leeds were effective but we were so poor that Leeds looked better than they should've done. As others have pointed out, they had injuries etc but still could've scored 4 or 5. They are not actually that good but we didn't perform. Those 2 teams should've played out an even contest if we'd woken up and turned up but we didn't and got deservedly beat. My earlier wasn't an excuse, I just merely highlighted the obvious but in a less manic fashion than some are feeling. I didn't actually enjoy any of the game last night because i know we can do so much better and to see us outplayed and outthought by that Leeds teams was so disappointing.

8 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

We did flatter Leeds. The scoreline didn't but our performance did. If anyone thinks that Leeds are a great team, then they must have very low expectations and standards. Leeds were effective but we were so poor that Leeds looked better than they should've done. As others have pointed out, they had injuries etc but still could've scored 4 or 5. They are not actually that good but we didn't perform. Those 2 teams should've played out an even contest if we'd woken up and turned up but we didn't and got deservedly beat. My earlier wasn't an excuse, I just merely highlighted the obvious but in a less manic fashion than some are feeling. I didn't actually enjoy any of the game last night because i know we can do so much better and to see us outplayed and outthought by that Leeds teams was so disappointing.

Should've played out an even contest? Mate you're deluded. Totally deluded.

Their centre half missed 3 great chances with one being an open goal! Mental.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps Butterfield and JR are not as hopeless as we were led to believe.

And Hughes. The old "should be dominating games". Well I don't know many players who dominate the whole match but I know he'd never put in a performance like that first half last night. Neither would Butterfield. 

Oh they may have played a bad game. But be cowards on the ball? No chance. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Should've played out an even contest? Mate you're deluded. Totally deluded.

Their centre half missed 3 great chances with one being an open goal! Mental.

You're not reading the posts properly because you seem so angry. If we'd played to our potential then yes, I say it would've been a more even contest. But we didn't and it wasn't. I'm not disputing they should've scored more or even that their CB could've scored more goals. 

Sad to say  Leeds wanted it more   from first minute  to the last minute   , We didnt offer anything  and could have easily been dead and buried via h/t  ...   a  1 - 0 score line flatted  us  ..      but its now gone   and onto Reading  ,      A slight concern for me is   no goals scored in last 3 league games   hopefully it can be rectified    against Reading    and get 3 points,  Should be an interesting game  as they themselves  are coming to us  off the back of a  surprising  home  defeat  to Q,P R 

Yes last night was a shocking performance but its what you can expect when you so many players injured/suspended and martin being out on loan. In my opinion we only had three players out of our strongest eleven (Carson, Keogh and Ince) in the starting line up last night. Once we get some of our players back, especially some fullbacks, we should be a much better side and we can challenge for a play off place. I'm not confident that we will go up this season however I do think we have a chance. And even if it doesn't come this season, next season we will have a starting eleven that can challenge for automatic promotion:

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes      Butterfield 

Ince           Martin          Russell

43 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Sad to say  Leeds wanted it more   from first minute  to the last minute   , We didnt offer anything  and could have easily been dead and buried via h/t  ...   a  1 - 0 score line flatted  us  ..      but its now gone   and onto Reading  ,      A slight concern for me is   no goals scored in last 3 league games   hopefully it can be rectified    against Reading    and get 3 points,  Should be an interesting game  as they themselves  are coming to us  off the back of a  surprising  home  defeat  to Q,P R 

I was always a bit concerned that the good streak that we had was against lesser teams such as Wigan, Red Dogs etc. However we've come up short against the better teams recently such as Norwich and Leeds. Maybe we ought to have a rethink.

Last night we lacked passion and drive even our fans weren't great. They ran the show and as much as I hate to say it their fans were incredible completely drowning us out acting as a 12th man at times. Pride Park lacks an atmosphere like this. 

13 minutes ago, StringOfBeads said:

I was always a bit concerned that the good streak that we had was against lesser teams such as Wigan, Red Dogs etc. However we've come up short against the better teams recently such as Norwich and Leeds. Maybe we ought to have a rethink.

This describes every season except the play-off final year. We flatter and get found out. So f##king depressing. It's the thing I hoped Pearson could change. Maybe if we got him back for a fortnight to punish them they might wake back up.

14 hours ago, angieram said:

And if I wasn't already fed up enough this evening I get home to find me and my other half plastered all over Facebook after being captured by Sky cameras at the match. It can only get better!

LOLOL  I nearly read that as  "got home and found my other half plastered". Thought a domestic might be brewing.  :D

The only thing that bothers me about this game (lost points apart) is the we were clearly out thought. I just hope we have learned something from a tactical POV.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

i dont think you are giving leeds the credit they deserve i hate leeds as much as most in football but they are a good side with some top players and we were not at our best and made them look like real madrid but to say they are a poor side i dont agree

8 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I think we flattered Leeds. They were organised but not flash in the slightest. If we'd turned up and competed, as we're more than capable of doing, then it would have and should have been a good equal contest. I'm not sure what happened that made us play so below par. Yes, Leeds were up for it but why weren't we? Wrong team selection? Maybe in midfield and left back but it was a tricky one of who to play. At only 1-0 at half time, i really expected a 2nd half comeback but maybe i'm too optimistic. A defeat at Leeds in the context of a season isn't that bad but i bet a lot of teams / fans watching on the box will wonder how we're up there. Recent league performances haven't been that good and scoring goals is definitely a problem. In a way, a bit like at Norwich, i feel that if you're going to lose then it's sometimes better to get well beaten instead of being supposedly unlucky in defeat, as i hope this gets a positive reaction from the players and management.

Dude, we got our a$$ handed to us. 

One man's observation is another man's moan. I think the performance and knowing we are quite capable of giving a better account of ourselves is factor in so many pages to this thread. I thought we were abject last night and look forward to the Reading game to see what Mac's going to do about it.

I'm trying to recall the turning point under Steve McClaren's previous emanation when teams stopped allowing us all the time in the world to build from the back.  I know it was at home and the team pressed us from the goalkeepers rolled out ball and all over the back four. It unsettled us and we lost at home and from then on every team we played pressed and harassed us to good effect.  The thing was, we didn't change and continued to try and play it out from the back, often playing ourselves into trouble...

22 minutes ago, unclej said:

I'm trying to recall the turning point under Steve McClaren's previous emanation when teams stopped allowing us all the time in the world to build from the back.  I know it was at home and the team pressed us from the goalkeepers rolled out ball and all over the back four. It unsettled us and we lost at home and from then on every team we played pressed and harassed us to good effect.  The thing was, we didn't change and continued to try and play it out from the back, often playing ourselves into trouble...

Think it was Wigan 

Archived