David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Clearly you rate Nugent .

He will always be a Fox for me but I hope he does well at Derby. 

Im not over the moon with this signing though myself. 

You weren't over the moon with the return of McClaren either.

7 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I hope we get our rightful recognition if you get promoted this season, we've basically given you two worldies for £2.5m. I'm sure we'll get the 'assist' on your promotion.

That would be nice, unlikely but possible, i personally think we are re- grouping for next year nugent will be replacing bent who will leave when his contract is up in the summer.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Fair point actually... I'd feel better giving Phillips a run out...

Another one who didn't go to West Brom

Looking at this and the rumours of Downing suggests a change in thinking from spending shed loads on players that the club believe could still do a job in the prem (i'd suggest that was the thinking when buying Shackell, Johnson, Vydra and others) to spending less on players who come more under "at this level". Makes sense really, £2.5mil sounds a lot but in today's market it's not a silly amount

3 hours ago, eddie said:

I don't speculate, because I'm not pretending to know something I don't.

I leave that to the fools.

Fools eh?

Dude you bash every single rumour in a knee jerk fashion. It's predictable and very boring and has a chilling effect on those with the inside track. Reality is there are people in the know whether or not that irks you so bad. You need to relax and stop bashing everyone and anything that steps one foot outside your online comfort zone. There's  a bigger world out there beyond your personal digs. Take a chill pill and enjoy some differing views other than indulging in this obsessive coronation street myopia.

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Clearly you rate Nugent .

He will always be a Fox for me but I hope he does well at Derby. 

Im not over the moon with this signing though myself. 

I'd kind of gathered that. Nugent will be a stopgap on the assumption Martin isn't coming back this side of June but where have I said I rated him? Rhodes is the one I don't rate as highly as some on here and definitely not at anything near to £12m

Haven`t time to trawl through today`s posts but Nugent has "nous" and would be useful to any team attempting to reach the promised land.     He`s not the Messiah but to the opposition, he`s a very naughty boy.    Pity he didn`t join us several years ago.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

I'd kind of gathered that. Nugent will be a stopgap on the assumption Martin isn't coming back this side of June but where have I said I rated him? Rhodes is the one I don't rate as highly as some on here and definitely not at anything near to £12m

Why bother with that? We have plenty enough players to cover until June IF we assume we're aiming to stay in the Championship...

If we're going for promotion then he isn't an improvement on what we already have... Goals like Saturday show it fore me...

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Few too many against Derby for my liking - but hey ho

After this video check out next one Nugent Boro goals. 

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Nugent may be a success at Derby we will have to wait and see. .

Sorry if I misquoted you. 

Archived