George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby Evening Telegraph headline:

'Derby County boss Gary Rowett outlines the plan for Thorne and Shackell in tonight's U23 game

Both players to start and play 45 minutes in the under-23 fixture against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge'

Come through it unscathed! :whistle:

My fingers are crossed for George, he is still only 23 years old, and has so much ability, just wish he could get fit and stay fit, he has been so unlucky with injuries, I would love to see a midfield 2 of Huddlestone, and Thorne. I feel if George could get fit and keep fit, it would be like a new signing for us.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Do we know how he played in his 45 minutes?

I watched match, he did ok. He was pretty much busy in the middle during his 45 minutes. Chelskis were having more initiative and were pushing more towards Rams goal in the first half. G. Thorne together with J. Shackell kept young Rams equal on the field and coincidentally as soon as J. Shackell also left pitch (Shackell played 60 minutes), young Rams concealed first goal and lost this match finally. 

I also want to add one more thing which I've noticed during the match, young Offrande Zanzala is nowhere near being ready for the first team. He is not the new Messiah, as I have seen some people here crying for his inclusion in the first team. Actually all the players from the U-23 team looked quite weak yesterday. It was an example of clear difference in the class between them and the Chelskis.

Archived