West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

dropped? i think more likely 'rested'

Yeah well whatever you want to call it!

Footballers quite often say that by the end of the season, every player is 'injured'. You pick up small knocks and muscle aches along the way. Nothing major, nothing that REALLY impedes you, but little complaints that if push came to shove, you could make a meal of and claim injury (see: Chris Martin). With the way Pearce plays, I'm sure he's probably got something that makes him maybe play at 95% and not quite 100%, if you see where I'm coming from. Can't hurt to swap around.

Same perhaps with Hughes. I fancy that this little break might do him good. Arguably also Butterfield. So 'rested' is probably the best way to describe it. Players will make themselves available for every minute of every game, but it doesn't mean they have to or that it's necessarily best for them.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Yeah well whatever you want to call it!

Footballers quite often say that by the end of the season, every player is 'injured'. You pick up small knocks and muscle aches along the way. Nothing major, nothing that REALLY impedes you, but little complaints that if push came to shove, you could make a meal of and claim injury (see: Chris Martin). With the way Pearce plays, I'm sure he's probably got something that makes him maybe play at 95% and not quite 100%, if you see where I'm coming from. Can't hurt to swap around.

Same perhaps with Hughes. I fancy that this little break might do him good. Arguably also Butterfield. So 'rested' is probably the best way to describe it. Players will make themselves available for every minute of every game, but it doesn't mean they have to or that it's necessarily best for them.

I would be amazed if he was dropped for form reasons, especially after our recent run. Shackell will have given something to think about thats for certain, its a good problem for steve to have. I would expect steve considered this was a good chance to give shackell a run out thats all.

I would have expected more changes had it not been for our current injury/suspension issues.

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Beating a full strength in-form premier league side after going 1 goal behind is a great result. COYR!!!

Not taking anything away from the result but West Brom weren't at full strength. Foster, Evans, Chadli and Brunt didn't start. They still had a very strong team out though, and one they would have expected to win.

Absoloutely fantastic result considering we were missing key players also.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not taking anything away from the result but West Brom weren't at full strength. Foster, Evans, Chadli and Brunt didn't start. They still had a very strong team out though, and one they would have expected to win.

Chadli has been in and out of the side and Brunt has been out of the side recently, only Foster and Evans are first choice.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Think us having 9 out to their 4 says a lot.

No you are not taking anything away, because there is nothing to take away, eventhough you tried.

Archived