Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Hughes shouldn't be exempt from blame for his lack of discipline.

A number of his yellow cards were totally avoidable and were as a result of stupid and unneccesary fouls.

I said we should review after the Leeds game, where with 20 games left there is an equal number of home/away games. McClaren was fortunate that 8 of his 13 games prior to today were at home.

Despite our great run, we could be some 7 points adrift of the top six come January 15th.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm sorry but this is a disgrace, we've totally fallen apart- just shows a lack of character within the team, no fight to come back and totally lost control after going another man down

Dont think its lack of heart

ten men & virtually played the same side over the xmas period, they're tired  

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf whilst the run was absolutely brilliant, I think it covered over the cracks a bit because we were only fluent against Forest whilst we rode our luck in most of the other games. Thankfully the window is open to rectify the needs.

Indeed, I think this just emphasises the issues that those who aren't happy clappers have already seen, we have no real midfield cover, no real goal scorers bar Ince and still the mentality issue remains that has cost us so dearly in the past. Mcclaren has a big job on his hands

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

People have been desperate for this to happen haven't they. Some must have literally been shivering with excitement as we concede a third so they can come on here and say X and y has never been good enough.

Probably the same tits that booed at home to Wigan 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm sorry but this is a disgrace, we've totally fallen apart- just shows a lack of character within the team, no fight to come back and totally lost control after going another man down

You really need to grow a pair

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf whilst the run was absolutely brilliant, I think it covered over the cracks a bit because we were only fluent against Forest whilst we rode our luck in most of the other games. Thankfully the window is open to rectify the needs.

I agree, we are totally lucky not conceding in 630 minutes of home football 

We were going to lose at some point. We have hardly been tearing the division apart just doing enough to win a string of games. This is likely a blip the players are clearly burnt out and we are lacking in some quality in the final third.

Make no mistake Norwich are a great side who have had a major hickup they have some quality players in there. 

Time to reinforce during the transfer window and go on another run. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, I think this just emphasises the issues that those who aren't happy clappers have already seen, we have no real midfield cover, no real goal scorers bar Ince and still the mentality issue remains that has cost us so dearly in the past. Mcclaren has a big job on his hands

Pretty much exactly what Mac said before he came in that he knew this job was bigger than his last. A couple of fresh faces I think can push this team further forward whilst getting rid of some of the dead weight. 

Just now, G-Ram said:

Dont think its lack of heart

ten men & virtually played the same side over the xmas period, they're tired  

Yeah I didn't mean a lack of heart, I don't think they've not tried- but what they haven't got is the mental strength to battle through when things aren't nessercerily going all their own way- it's happened time and time again over the last few seasons and it is still a massive concern, luckily the windows open to try and bring in that extra bit of leadership 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

:lol::lol:

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Spot on. Derby remind me of a championship Man City. Like Man City we have some very good players but in certain areas we are extremely unbalanced. Make no mistake there is a big job on his hands but it's better that this kind on result happens now rather than at the end of the month so we have more time to properly identify our targets.

Archived