Your favorite ever Rams player .

Curtains

Listening to radio commentaries of European games as a youff .. It was always Hector and O'Hare but I never saw them play.

of those I have seen ... Igor. What a general. Poom, extra special. .. Right now Hughes, with the ball at his feet squirming around with 3 players nipping at his ankles, and still making an accurate damage inflicting pass. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Toddo and RoyMAc and ALL players since ... 

But again I'm saying 

Gerry Daly . 

Wish I could post up some youtube stuff of just how cool he was for us back then. 

He mesmerized me as a kid .. I was in awe .. 

Used to watch him giving instructions and encouragement to David Langan .. was so impressed by that coz I knew Langan was young and Daly had just come from Manu .. 

Daly had everything in midfield .. 

he's one of those forgotten players who were genius. 

Seeing as I'm a lot younger than most of you lot, I have a far more limited range of choice than most. However, there is one man who simply makes me excited whenever I see his name on the team sheet. He may not have been as effective last year (and I'm resigning myself to the thought that this is how it will be from now on) but George Thorne in that play-off season was absolutely immense. I've never seen anyone dominate a game as much as he did in the play off final, and it was a travesty that he wasn't on the winning side that day. No matter how well Bradley Johnson is playing at the moment, I am still counting the days for King George's return.

Always a difficult one, the late 90s was best era in my lifetime. Poom was incredible, Igor an inspiration and got a surprising number of assists, I wasn't always Wanchope's biggest fan but unplayable on his day. Baiano and Asanovic were brilliant but didn't sustain it. I'd have to say the best one for me was Eranio. Pure class, made us tick played a good amount of games and was consistent throughout.

Only player from today who would get in that team is Hughes, closest  we've had to Eranio.

But my dad will always say King Kevin Hector

Toddo!

Colin Todd was immense, the only player in the same class was Charlie George..

We've had some great player's though...Rioch, Hinton, Hector, Gemmill, McFarland, ooh Mark Wright, Deano Saunders, Igor! Igor! Eranio, Bianano, Pooooom, Asanovic, Wanchope etc etc

Oh Bobby, Bobby Davison is up there n all!

Up the Rams!

Archived