Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Used to do my nut in about the Mexican/American Derby fan who never went to a game but still pulled the result apart as if he'd watched every second.

I remember his reaction after *we tonked Watford (confusing how many we's I've got these days!!). In fact I remember his reaction pretty much within 30 minutes of any win was to suck the enjoyment out of the whole place.

I still hold a grudge about that today.

In my opinion anyone who can't enjoy wins like yesterday isn't a fan at all and doesn't deserve to share in the success/happiness when it come around.

Harsh maybe but there you go.

After tonking Watford? The 4-2 game?

That was one of our best performances in years. Think you've confused me with somebody else as I certainly didn't criticise then.

I prefer controlling football to anything else. That's why despite the 5-0 win against Hull, I didn't feel that excited watching it as it was a really weird game.

Compare that to when we put 5 past Fulham under Mac and it's a different story.

20 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

you tipped them to go down all the way through last season as well though DEL, you were wrong then and you'll be wrong again.

mixture of two things today, leeds were brilliant, burton chose today to have their worst ever game in either the Champ or league one, never got going at all and it could have been 12.

Oh hello Ronnie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking bad for them, hope they do start to get results, i like clough but surely they cant be as unlucky as he makes out every week?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Playing ok but not looking like scoring I'm told.

Big loss losing their record signing before he played a game.

If you assume he would be guaranteed to score lots of goals yes, could have been another Connor Sammon.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If you assume he would be guaranteed to score lots of goals yes, could have been another Connor Sammon.

He's certainly not guaranteed to score goals but I would think Clough shaped his team with this guy in mind. 

Unlike most teams in this division Burton  cannot afford to just go out and replace their record signing if he gets injured.

At what pint to Burton get s bit too big for their boots? If Clough keeps them up, then maybe repeats the fete next season, when do Burton fans start forgetting that they’re punching way above their wait and start thinking they need s new manager to set their sights higher?

Archived