Clough and Burton

Ramz64

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

At what pint to Burton get s bit too big for their boots? If Clough keeps them up, then maybe repeats the fete next season, when do Burton fans start forgetting that they’re punching way above their wait and start thinking they need s new manager to set their sights higher?

about the fifth.. hic !!

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF they did stay up again what are the rules regarding the stadium? Isn't most of it Standing? I thought had to be all seater in the championship.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Unfortunatly I cannot see NC lasting till xmas, unless we hand them 3 points, again...

He won't get sacked, I think his is one of the safest jobs in the league.

23 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

At what pint to Burton get s bit too big for their boots? If Clough keeps them up, then maybe repeats the fete next season, when do Burton fans start forgetting that they’re punching way above their wait and start thinking they need s new manager to set their sights higher?

About 3 weeks ago. It's a joke really and as you can imagine not easy for me to be seeing. There is already a loud minority gathering. Worryingly a lot of this loud voices are fans who saw what he did for the club last time around and they STILL didn't like him then either. 

I hate football fans really I do.

january is massive without fairly major tweaks we're going down bottom of the league. Even then though the chairman and manager should be beyond criticism for what they've done fo the club over the last 15yeaes or so. Short memories and zero credit given

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

About 3 weeks ago. It's a joke really and as you can imagine not easy for me to be seeing. There is already a loud minority gathering. Worryingly a lot of this loud voices are fans who saw what he did for the club last time around and they STILL didn't like him then either. 

january is massive without fairly major tweaks we're going down bottom of the league. Even then though the chairman and manager should be beyond criticism for what they've done fo the club over the last 15yeaes or so. Short memories and zero credit given

That’s what I was afraid of. 

Mind you wouldn’t it be amazing if Burton do get really ambitious and become the next Bournemouth. 

I can see how that’s tempting. When you’ve got more, you always seem to want more. And I don’t think Clough is the person to do that. Having said that, I’m not sure there are many people on the planet who could achieve such a fete. The odds are infinitesimal that that would ever happen, even with a Pep in charge. 

But when you’re just one promotion away, and you’ve achieved so much already. Why stop now and decide you’ve reached your plateau?

23 hours ago, Paul71 said:

IF they did stay up again what are the rules regarding the stadium? Isn't most of it Standing? I thought had to be all seater in the championship.

All seater ready for the 3rd season I think paul71. If we stay up it's got to be done this year. Which is so stupid it's not true. 4800 there yesterday of which probably 2000 were Sunderland fans. Absolutely no need whatsoever to convert the Pirelli to an all seater and will be nothing but a burden to the club.

It's heart breaking to see the apathy with which the Burton public and "floating" fan base have reacted to this season (even last to be fair) If we can only get 4800 at home to Sunderland we might as well give up our championship spot right now. Ben must be absolutely gutted and to be fair the longer we stay in the bottom 3 the worse it's going to get... doesn't seem like a large portion of Brewer fans don't have the heart or the stomach for a relegation battle, they've only ever known good times and they're not reacting well to losing games regularly, they don't care that it's against clubs they could only have dreamt of getting if we reached round 3 of the cup week in week out. 

The Burton Boys booed their team off the pitch on Saturday, booed off for losing to Sunderland. Blimey O'Reilly they're off their rockers.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Just out of interest, how much do Burton charge for match tickets these days? 

Although I agree almost entirely with what you say, I can also kind of sympathise with the true Burton supporters who have followed them all the way up to where they are now. 

I really think the summer was when they should have been looking for outside investment and making the stadium all seater. It would be a statement of intent ie we are here to stay so lets improve the squad and the ground. 

From an outsider perspective it seems to have been more of a, lets only spend some money if we manage to stay up again. It doesn't inspire much enthusiasm.

Got to feel sorry for NC because performing a miracle last season really should have been properly rewarded. 

56 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

All seater ready for the 3rd season I think paul71. If we stay up it's got to be done this year. Which is so stupid it's not true. 4800 there yesterday of which probably 2000 were Sunderland fans. Absolutely no need whatsoever to convert the Pirelli to an all seater and will be nothing but a burden to the club.

It's heart breaking to see the apathy with which the Burton public and "floating" fan base have reacted to this season (even last to be fair) If we can only get 4800 at home to Sunderland we might as well give up our championship spot right now. Ben must be absolutely gutted and to be fair the longer we stay in the bottom 3 the worse it's going to get... doesn't seem like a large portion of Brewer fans don't have the heart or the stomach for a relegation battle, they've only ever known good times and they're not reacting well to losing games regularly, they don't care that it's against clubs they could only have dreamt of getting if we reached round 3 of the cup week in week out. 

The Burton Boys booed their team off the pitch on Saturday, booed off for losing to Sunderland. Blimey O'Reilly they're off their rockers.

What will the capacity be when all seater?

I thought you would be selling out each week at this level, its a shame. I know its not easy with a number of other clubs in a short travelling distance but still.

Do hope you stay up, but looking a real struggle. No shame in being relegated.

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest, how much do Burton charge for match tickets these days? 

Although I agree almost entirely with what you say, I can also kind of sympathise with the true Burton supporters who have followed them all the way up to where they are now. 

I really think the summer was when they should have been looking for outside investment and making the stadium all seater. It would be a statement of intent ie we are here to stay so lets improve the squad and the ground. 

From an outsider perspective it seems to have been more of a, lets only spend some money if we manage to stay up again. It doesn't inspire much enthusiasm.

Got to feel sorry for NC because performing a miracle last season really should have been properly rewarded. 

I paid £460 for my season ticket, match day tickets are £23.00 EA. I do think that's expensive but then again I think my £460 quid is better off going to BAFC than it is going on beer and junk food.

I agree more should have been done investment wise and even think they could have put together a bigger budget for this season. My feeling is it's the same as last saeason, keep our powder dry for January and if we're still in touch, splash out, I think this time that approach might just bite us on the arse. I fully understand why they're cautious, you only need to look at Yeovil to see what being in the championship can do to a club from a negative perspective and I could never imagine Ben R or NC putting the clubs long term future at risk. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they've kept back enough cash for two seasons of the same level of spending. Which is admirable but not what the average fan wants to see ambition wise.

43 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

How many are they bringing to Pride Park on Saturday Ronnie? I know quite a few people that came last season, who used to be Man Utd or Liverpool 'fans'. I doubt they will be back this year.

I've seen my mate, who is a die-hard Brewer and very pro Clough, arguing with people on facebook. I assumed it was the new fans that were calling for his head.

I wasn't a fan of his at Derby, but he suits Burton perfectly, and I think they owe him due to him staying last year and turning down the Forest job. 

Not sure what the allocation is DC but I'm fairly certain we'll sell whatever we're given, Derby is still the biggest pull by a country mile.

No matter how loudly the fans turn against him, he won't get sacked by ben this season and he's too thick skinned (in a good way) to walk out. He deserves better than he's getting right now but nothing surprises me in football anymore in terms of how shallow and narrow minded fans can be.

44 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

What will the capacity be when all seater?

I thought you would be selling out each week at this level, its a shame. I know its not easy with a number of other clubs in a short travelling distance but still.

Do hope you stay up, but looking a real struggle. No shame in being relegated.

I'd imagine it''ll be cut to around 6500, the loss of capacity probably offset by the fact we can charge away fans more for sitting down.

The attendances this season really have been a joke. I've seen fans say they're not bothering cos it's only Fulham. Fans are really spoiling the experience more than the poor results. We/They should be enjoying these times playing at this level cos it won't last forever and it might not come around again in my lifetime. Instead they're booing their own players and making matches toxic just cos the lads aren't good enough to be comfortably out of the bottom 3.

Heart breaking to hear 4800 announced on Saturday, even worse to hear a lot of them booing at the end. I don't want to label us a tinpot mickey mouse club or anything like that, but ffs we ARE Burton Albion, we ARE playing at a level above anything anyone could ever have expected and STILL it's not good enough for the fans who want the manager fired for destroying the club.... you couldn't make it up if you tried.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I paid £460 for my season ticket, match day tickets are £23.00 EA. I do think that's expensive but then again I think my £460 quid is better off going to BAFC than it is going on beer and junk food.

I agree more should have been done investment wise and even think they could have put together a bigger budget for this season. My feeling is it's the same as last saeason, keep our powder dry for January and if we're still in touch, splash out, I think this time that approach might just bite us on the arse. I fully understand why they're cautious, you only need to look at Yeovil to see what being in the championship can do to a club from a negative perspective and I could never imagine Ben R or NC putting the clubs long term future at risk. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they've kept back enough cash for two seasons of the same level of spending. Which is admirable but not what the average fan wants to see ambition wise.

Long time since I last went to watch Burton  (as they are now rivals as opposed to a non league team I could watch when I had a spare Saturday!) but to be honest if that is what they are charging fans than I can kind of see why they are getting angry at a perceived lack of ambition.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Long time since I last went to watch Burton  (as they are now rivals as opposed to a non league team I could watch when I had a spare Saturday!) but to be honest if that is what they are charging fans than I can kind of see why they are getting angry at a perceived lack of ambition.

I don't see it at all G STAR, if one of them can tell me how we can be ambitious on gates averaging less than half our nearest "rival" size wise at least, Brentford FC.

If one of them can tell me how we can be ambitious with a budget of 6m quid in a league where probably 4 of the top 6 teams have one player on as much as that.

I think the ambition at the moment has to be a realistic "pray to stay in the division". Until we can somehow generate enough revenue to close the gap that is clearly there. To do that we need to unearth a gem or two who cost us bugger all and we sell on for a few quid.

Jackson Irvine being the first, maybe Joe Sbarra or Jamie Allen being the next in line.

Everything about the way the club is set up at this level indicates we should go down cast adrift in bottom place. Anything better than that and we really are punching above our weight.

Frustratingly we'd probably have a bigger budget next season already due toe the Irvine transfer and the Man Utd cup game, that budget will hopefully stand us in good stead whichever league we find ourselves in.

18 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't see it at all G STAR, if one of them can tell me how we can be ambitious on gates averaging less than half our nearest "rival" size wise at least, Brentford FC.

If one of them can tell me how we can be ambitious with a budget of 6m quid in a league where probably 4 of the top 6 teams have one player on as much as that.

I think the ambition at the moment has to be a realistic "pray to stay in the division". Until we can somehow generate enough revenue to close the gap that is clearly there. To do that we need to unearth a gem or two who cost us bugger all and we sell on for a few quid.

Jackson Irvine being the first, maybe Joe Sbarra or Jamie Allen being the next in line.

Everything about the way the club is set up at this level indicates we should go down cast adrift in bottom place. Anything better than that and we really are punching above our weight.

Frustratingly we'd probably have a bigger budget next season already due toe the Irvine transfer and the Man Utd cup game, that budget will hopefully stand us in good stead whichever league we find ourselves in.

Just seems a completely defeatist attitude though. 

In year one yes it's understandable but having shown they could hold their own they should have looked to kick on. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

To charge people £460 to watch you try and keep your head above water and not expect them to hope for me I can't really understand. It's these fans that the club will be relying on should they get relegated.

Archived