The Right Back Situation

RamsPolls

I think he got better as the game went on. Early on perhaps adrenaline got the better of him and he did bomb on a little too much and left spaces behind. He did improve tho and was fine after the first 20 or so. I think it's got to be horses for courses, play Anya against the weaker teams especially at home. Then try a more solid option against the better opponents. In my option a much better option than Hanson 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doodle said:

I think he got better as the game went on. Early on perhaps adrenaline got the better of him and he did bomb on a little too much and left spaces behind. He did improve tho and was fine after the first 20 or so. I think it's got to be horses for courses, play Anya against the weaker teams especially at home. Then try a more solid option against the better opponents. In my option a much better option than Hanson 

That's an option then. On another note is Anya fit, he got injured last night.

At least we have got options unlike many clubs in our league

Christie - injured

anya - maybe 

Baird - good defender nothing going forward

keogh - if needed it is an option

hanson - not great but not awful 

we have two left backs fit in Lowe and Olson and it is not hard to switch position if you can play football - yes we would lose attacking threat 

I wish we had a junior right back coming through like Lowe but it seems we do not.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He was playing right back against significantly better players than he'll be facing week in week out in the championship. 

You've also got to remember, some posters wanted us to sell Keogh and buy grant Hanley (for the sort of crushingly reasons that are troted out for every thuggish player they wish we'd sign) 

Yeah, you and others make a good point. He's unlikely to face talent like that in the Championship so maybe my doubts are unfounded. Most importantly, I hope he's fit and available because again, as others say, we've little else in terms of options at RB. Christie is a massive loss. We shall see.

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Anya isn't a solution at RB - Glenn Hoddle expressed some amazement he was being played there

Glenn Hoddle is an imbecile and a religious nut-job.

1 hour ago, CaverRam said:

Just catching up on the latest, been a busy week...

and really? A handicapped child? Really? I mean, really?  

No fake outrage, just genuine disgust.

Just ignore him, just an A***hole talking sh1te.

Nothing he says is of importance or interest.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

At least we have got options unlike many clubs in our league

Christie - injured

anya - maybe 

Baird - good defender nothing going forward

keogh - if needed it is an option

hanson - not great but not awful 

we have two left backs fit in Lowe and Olson and it is not hard to switch position if you can play football - yes we would lose attacking threat 

I wish we had a junior right back coming through like Lowe but it seems we do not.

Yes we do, Kyron Stabana is exactly that.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Stabana is the option that most reproduces the style of Christie. Baird and we go backwards, Anya is too soft and Hanson too defensive .  

id actually draft Shackell or Rawson in at right centre half and shift Keogh out there. 

So glad that you're not in charge at DCFC. 

On 12/11/2016 at 14:51, ollycutts1982 said:

I think everyone is missing the main point here. Has anyone actually stopped to think how good Cyrus will be upon his return. Injured players always become better players while they're injured. He'll be the next Cafu when he's fit. 

Not quite sure where you get this logic from... But I admire the optimism.

Archived