"Deadwood" - January sales

RamsPolls

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Life is harsh. Lower leagues and step up the academy production line and misfits at other clubs that could fit here, loans from top 6, Europe, Africa etc

I meant harsh as in, his current injury isn't a recurrence of any existing problem and there's nothing to indicate it will affect him in the future. It will be interesting to see if Mac can still pull in the same high quality loans now that FIFA have pointlessly meddled with our domestic rules.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Is this the same Assombalonga who has managed 192 minutes so far this season? Who played 57 minutes in total last season? Who, in one of his final acts before sadly leaving, Fridgey rewarded with a new 5-year deal when it is highly unlikely given the nature of his injury that he will ever be able to play regularly at this level again?

So you're suggesting that instead of having our rivals crippled by this contract until the end of the 2020/21 season, we could take him off their hands, free up their wages and have him in our treatment room instead. That sounds such a brilliant plan.

This is the Britt Assombalonga who has a goal to game ratio of 1.8, The same player who pretty much every big team in the league wants. Whether we take him or someone else, Forest won't find any better than him to replace him. 

I understand he's got his injury problems as he's done the same thing as Thorne did with his knee 2 years ago. But had it not been for him breaking his leg last season Thorne would be the best player in our squad by a mile at what he does. So players can recover from these injuries. 

Ruling a players career out after one injury is just stupid. 2 or 3 then maybe but not just the one, Espically when he is just 23 years old. 

He has a bright future ahead of him and just look at Michail Antonio. He's becoming one of the premier leagues best players. We don't want to miss out on another one of those. 

12 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

This is the Britt Assombalonga who has a goal to game ratio of 1.8, The same player who pretty much every big team in the league wants. Whether we take him or someone else, Forest won't find any better than him to replace him. 

I understand he's got his injury problems as he's done the same thing as Thorne did with his knee 2 years ago. But had it not been for him breaking his leg last season Thorne would be the best player in our squad by a mile at what he does. So players can recover from these injuries. 

Ruling a players career out after one injury is just stupid. 2 or 3 then maybe but not just the one, Espically when he is just 23 years old. 

He has a bright future ahead of him and just look at Michail Antonio. He's becoming one of the premier leagues best players. We don't want to miss out on another one of those. 

I think he's knee injury was more similar to Barkers than Thorne's. 

The gumps I know don't think he'll ever be the same player again, certainly.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Hughes?????? No thanks. If we ever get to the prem we are going to need him in our team. The lad can be magical at times and produce wonders.

how will he produce wonders in the PL when he cannot produce wonders in the Championship.

He's a skillful footballer, but then again, so are those freestylers that do keepy-uppys.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

how will he produce wonders in the PL when he cannot produce wonders in the Championship.

He's a skillful footballer, but then again, so are those freestylers that do keepy-uppys.

Just feel like in the prem you get alot more time on the ball and you aren't closed down quite as fast. 

With time on the ball Hughes can be lethal. Just his only downside is his shot power, Don't think he'd be able to score from outside the area if he had 100 shots. 

People still saying move weimann on over Russell my god! Weimann has not had his chance, he's waited he deserves it, Russell is dead wood, he's had his chances he's not good enough I don't get why other people can't see this? He just isn't good enough it's about time he gets shipped off and give someone else a go! 

Baird I'd say is needed unless we replace in Jan, he's decent cover does his job well enough it's just some people have him as an man to always blame! 

Grant and Russell to go and I'll be happy 

33 minutes ago, TopRam said:

People still saying move weimann on over Russell my god! Weimann has not had his chance, he's waited he deserves it, Russell is dead wood, he's had his chances he's not good enough I don't get why other people can't see this? He just isn't good enough it's about time he gets shipped off and give someone else a go! 

Well I mean Russell was the most productive (Goals + Assists) wide player in the division last year but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

He scored more goals than any other wide player last year with 10. 

He equaled the top most assists of any wide player with 8 along with Josh Murphy and Sam clucas.

Interestingly the second most productive wide player was Ince. 

most of the deadwood we have are on big wages. They aren't playing well so many teams won't be that interested and also the players that are on big money won't want a pay cut. Only way to get rid is loaning them out or paying them off. Grant, Christie, Baird and bents contracts are up and the end of the season and can only see Christie being offered a new deal. That leaves Weiman, Camara, Blackman as our most unproductive players. We can't say they aren't good because none have been played often enough to prove them selves. Also Weiman and Blackman haven't been played up front which are there correct positions. Who'd want them as none are match for or shown what they can do. This is what happens when a club buys players that aren't better or don't fit into the team. 

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Blackman out for 6-8 weeks.

Doesn't look like he's going to be going anywhere in January...

Or it's perfect timing & excuse, for him to be fit and then get sent out on loan to get match fit, something he's unlikely to get here?!

I'll leave it to the professionals to decide. If fans had their way, we'd have waved goodbye to Christie, Shackell, Pearce, Keogh, Johnson, Baird, Butterfield, Russell, Camara, Weimann, Ince, Blackman and Bent this last few months. 

Other than the new lads brought in by NP and of course Hughes, I've seen mass negativity about every player. Even though Bryson seems loved by fans, I've even noticed he gets more stick than he used to. Carson had his knockers not too long ago too. 

With everyone fit and available we've a more than capable squad to challenge at the top of this division. I reckon most clubs in the division would love to have many of our players. Yes we need to prune it in January and add one or two I'm sure. But I will trust those in charge to get it right. We've plenty of games until then. Can we not support our players until then instead of continuing to write some off? 

39 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

most of the deadwood we have are on big wages. They aren't playing well so many teams won't be that interested and also the players that are on big money won't want a pay cut. Only way to get rid is loaning them out or paying them off. Grant, Christie, Baird and bents contracts are up and the end of the season and can only see Christie being offered a new deal. That leaves Weiman, Camara, Blackman as our most unproductive players. We can't say they aren't good because none have been played often enough to prove them selves. Also Weiman and Blackman haven't been played up front which are there correct positions. Who'd want them as none are match for or shown what they can do. This is what happens when a club buys players that aren't better or don't fit into the team. 

I don't think you can say Weimann is unproductive. He hasn't been given many opportunities. Looked good at Hull and scored the goal at Brighton....

Well now that we have a new manager nobody is deadwood ! 

Bent and Baird would be leaving in the summer and nobody would be wanting or could afford them

christie and rawson should be sold if we do not get them to sign a new contract by January 

grant has done well and will attract a decent fee for someone who is out of contract in the summer 

personally I would be looking to get Brayford back off sheff united if Christie does not sign a new contract we would then have someone who understands football and can do just about Everything we need.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

personally I would be looking to get Brayford back off sheff united if Christie does not sign a new contract we would then have someone who understands football and can do just about Everything we need.

No. We need to look forwards and not backwards with our players.

Archived